Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Has anyone’s file moved after receiving the CSQ?

We are still waiting. Applied June 2018. Did Medicals November 2019. CSQ Approved July 17.

Also got turned away at the US-Canada border two days ago. Was traveling with sponsor and they deemed travel “non-essential”
You shouldn't have been turned away. Immediate family of PR/citizen are exempt.

tizahu

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Sadly border officers have a lot of discretion in how they execute their role, and there's little redress but to try again.
Yes, we are curious if it is even possible to try again without risk of an exclusion order. They seemed to threaten that and say to only come back with COPR or when COVID restrictions are lifted. It is a thin line between being seen as needing to travel but not being seen as actually moving and getting rejected.

VictorV

Jun 21, 2020
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would write to update you guys on my case. Maybe this information will be useful for someone.

We applied for sponsorship on Sept 09 2019. I did the biometrics and my file was sent to the Mexico VO on November 2019.

On November 21st, 2019 I applied to get the CSQ. I received my CSQ on July 02nd, 2020 and as soon as I received it I scanned it and sent it to the Mexico VO through the document/message form system on the IRCC website. The Mexico VO sent me an email on July 15th letting me know they received it and that they had updated my file.

Since besides that I hadn't received any updates from IRCC or the Mexico VO since November, I wrote to them through the IRCC website form. they wrote back to me the same day saying that they are presently experiencing considerable delays because of the current national public health emergency in Mexico and that they are all working from home.

Honestly, at this point I can only wait for the Mexico VO to eventually continue processing my file or for the VO to decide to re-open so that they process this. I feel like the Canadian government should be more flexible, especially with us that are just trying to be reunited with our loved ones during this pandemic.

In any way, my advice would be, independently to if you have received your CSQ, if your sponsorship application has reached the 12-month mark and you have already been assigned to a VO, get in touch with them through the IRCC website form. I imagine different VOs from different countries are experiencing delays, maybe some are not. But at least they will give you an answer to your case.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
Finally, I received #csq by mail today. We are both living together in third country. Outland application. Here is the timeline:

10 Dec 2019 Requirements Letter for Residents of Quebec (together with email saying the file was transferred)
19 Dec 2019 CSQ application sent (EMS)
23 Dec 2019 CSQ application received at MIFI (EMS tracking, local time)
07 Feb 2020 CSQ fee charged (Credit Card) & AOR
10 Feb 2020 CSQ AOR sent by MIFI (Called)
24 Mar 2020 CSQ AOR received by mail
20 Jul 2020 CSQ approved
11 Aug 2020 CSQ received by mail

Maes

Nov 7, 2019
Got the CSQ about a month ago. No update since then. I saw a while back an update from someone saying the Singapore VO sent his PPR like 5 weeks after the CSQ came so I'm hoping mine (Mississauga) is processed on a similar timeline.
I sent my csq on 28 june20since then no update... my visa office is in missisauga...

Reactions: tham_son