+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Canada&CO

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
New
The presentation of the processing times on this page has been changed. The start dates for the processing of applications will no longer be posted. Instead, these dates will be replaced by the dates indicated below, which refer to the date of receipt of the files for which processing is currently being finalized.

At present, the Ministère is issuing a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec selection certificate) for the applications received on:

• November 1, 2019, for a spouse, de facto spouse or dependent child;
  • November 6, 2019, for other family members.

Guys new update on website

IMPORTANT

The Ministère’s decision will be sent directly to the office of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada where the application for permanent residence for the person you are sponsoring will be processed. These timeframes will therefore not affect the timeframe for issuing permanent resident visas for sponsored persons.

Information regarding processing times will be updated regularly.
Latest update: June 15, 2020
They are playing with us. At this point I'm just going to stop thinking about it too much. :(

Reactions: Laurahd and Nkpj

Nkpj

Star Member
May 4, 2020
So as explained baive it got approved last week and I called again right now they said the agents are accepting from home and then depending on who is in the office they will print the acceptance and mail it . It can take 3-4 weeks after the acceptance to get it mailed out

kylaviet

Dec 4, 2019
They are playing with us. At this point I'm just going to stop thinking about it too much. :(
I want to stay polite and reasonable to I will keep this short. After three months without updates, the date on MIFI's website was finally updated, from November 20 to November 1st. I have no words to express the extent of my sadness.

Please send out tweets voicing your outrage (stay polite) and tag @SJB_CAQ (Simon Jolin-Barrette, Minister responsible for MIFI) and @francoislegault . You can also add hashtags #familysponsorshipmatters and #delaisCSQ

That is all I can say for now. I cannot work today. I cannot think. I only want to curl up on my bathroom floor and cry.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hey everyone, just to clarify the new update from MIFI website

Before, the date on the website was for the start of the application processing. So on March 17, the date was November 20 for spousal undertaking. This means that application received up to that date were being process. One part of the process is that MIFI contacts other department for verification and background process. It was faster before covid but with most agents working from home, it delayed the process. Since then, applications received after that date (Nov 20) start being processed. This doesn't mean that MIFI is almost ready to give a decision. It could mean an agent looked at the file to submit it but we don't know exactly because even customer agents do not know except few notes. Normally, the agents are not supposed to give the start processing date. So the processing can take up to 3 months now and we don't know if it could take longer or not with the way things are going at the moment. Remember before, they used to update the website every 2 weeks but since March they haven't updated it. If they would have, the date would be somewhere in December as my file was received Dec 10 and start processing April 2.

Now what the new update means is this : MIFI has completed processing application received up to November 1. This means a decision has been made. Since the agents work from home, it means further delay to receive your CSQ. Let's say an agent has approved your CSQ application. Now they an agent working in the office has to processed it and print your CSQ. This whole process can take few weeks. Finally, another 1-2 weeks to receive your CSQ from home. One word to summarize: PATIENCE. Oh! and if you think it might be a good idea to call, just in case, because why not, you've got time and you "just want to be sure"... think again, because most of them are not so patient to answer non urgent queries from applicants/sponsors whose application was received after the date on their website.

Oh and all the dates (before and now) were always the date your application was physically received at the MIFI.

That's one big draft in one go (apologies for typos and mistakes) but I hope it makes sense and gives a bit of clarity.

Gurpreetssasan

Dec 19, 2019
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-08-2019
AOR Received.
25-09-2018
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
16-10-19
Med's Done....
21-10-19
So as explained baive it got approved last week and I called again right now they said the agents are accepting from home and then depending on who is in the office they will print the acceptance and mail it . It can take 3-4 weeks after the acceptance to get it mailed out
It will take 9-10 business days after acceptance to receive it,
Dnt worry, chill .... enjoy csq

Reactions: Nkpj