+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

VeeM

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
I don’t get it. On their website, MIFIsays that he extra delaywont affect the application with IRCC. So does it affect or not? Is this an automated message?
I think that it affects .., if you don’t have your CSQ they wont give you your PR.. i think they write that just so people doesnt get mad or scared .. ( although people are already mad ) they are really behind !!!

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hey Guys,
when the csq is received by sponsor do we as Principal Applicant have to travel with original csq ? Thanks for posting comment on that!

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hi All,

I have just got my PR and plan to land in Montreal by February, 2019.

After I land in montreal and get my PR card I plan to lodge Outland PR application for my Spouse. He is non-accompanying familymember in my PR application.

How long we have to wait to lodge the PR outland application for Spouse after getting PR card. What are the documents required for this application.

Is there any option that I can bring him in Visitor Visa and then apply for Inland PR application. Can I do that.

I am in dilemma.

Appreciate your replies.

Hi ! I think you can start outland sponsorship right away when you receive your PR card and well settled. Here is the link for more info:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html

Bear in mind that, you may be refused Visitor visa for your spouse talking out of experience here and remember the visitor visa is just temporary status which means your spouse will eventually need to show ties to his/her homecountry.

It is at your own risk if you want to apply for visitor visa for your spouse .

The process of outland spousal application overall varies for each applicant based on their situation and country. It can take up to 10 months( if there is no mistake in your application) to 12months max.

Please check processing time here :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Once you are approved as Sponsor and your spouse approved for permanent residence by IRCC /CIC you( sponsor ) will be requested to send the undertaking kit for CSQ to MIFI to Quebec.
You can actually prepare the files in advance to avoid any delays ...
Here is the link for MIFI INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO APPLY :
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/index.html
Undertaking KIT for Quebec:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/apply/undertaking-application/index.html
You will have to wait a little longer for csq as it is currently taking 4-5 months to receive CSQ, instead of 25 days.

Hope it helps answer your query .

Last edited:
Reactions: Malikhk

RameshBabu_89

Nov 15, 2019
Montreal
We applied for CSQ last July, after waiting for a few months we got impatient and we phoned and phoned and phoned and then phoned some more, we received CSQ not so long ago (end of November) and we sent it straight to CIC for they requested it along with my medical before December 15!

In the meantime, while the CSQ was en route to CIC, they updated my app to decision made and that they received my medical. They emailed us the PPR last week and now I am waiting for Austria to send me my VISA.

They never confirmed or updated my app to show that CSQ has been received or provcessed, but it doesn't matter to me personally, we have the documents and we moved to the next (hopefully final) stage.

Best of luck to everyone, hope we all start the the new year with heaps of good news and progress!!
Hi, I did apply for CSQ in end of July and received it on DEC 6. I have completed the medicals and updated the cic through ircc webform before Dec 15 that was the date provided by CIC. I did receive an email for pre arrival services. How long did it take for you to receive PPR? thanks

Reactions: tham_son

gopsarbabu

Jun 23, 2014
Hi ! I think you can start outland sponsorship right away when you receive your PR card and well settled. Here is the link for more info:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html

Bear in mind that, you may be refused Visitor visa for your spouse talking out of experience here and remember the visitor visa is just temporary status which means your spouse will eventually need to show ties to his/her homecountry.

It is at your own risk if you want to apply for visitor visa for your spouse .

The process of outland spousal application overall varies for each applicant based on their situation and country. It can take up to 10 months( if there is no mistake in your application) to 12months max.

Please check processing time here :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Once you are approved as Sponsor and your spouse approved for permanent residence by IRCC /CIC you( sponsor ) will be requested to send the undertaking kit for CSQ to MIFI to Quebec.
You can actually prepare the files in advance to avoid any delays ...
Here is the link for MIFI INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO APPLY :
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/index.html
Undertaking KIT for Quebec:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/apply/undertaking-application/index.html
You will have to wait a little longer for csq as it is currently taking 4-5 months to receive CSQ, instead of 25 days.

Hope it helps answer your query .
Thank you very much

kylaviet

Dec 4, 2019
The A1520BF form states : "Si le document original est rédigé en français ou en anglais mais qu’il comporte un sceau ou une signature dans une autre langue, vous devez absolument les faire traduire." The only document which must be submitted with the CSQ application is a color photocopy of the passport. Vietnamese passports bear a stamped government seal, written only in Vietnamese. All other portions of the Vietnamese passport are in English and Vietnamese. We have tried to get the seal translated by the Notary Public in Vietnam, but they do not want to complete the translation. They think that translating the seal is irrelevant; they say that they never translate Vietnamese passports, because everything is written in English (except the seal). Has anybody submitted a CSQ application with a non-English government seal? Could this derail our application? I am afraid that if we submit the CSQ today, it will be refused in 5 months just because of the seal, and we will have to submit it again and wait another 5 months. Any feedback would be appreciated.

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
The A1520BF form states : "Si le document original est rédigé en français ou en anglais mais qu’il comporte un sceau ou une signature dans une autre langue, vous devez absolument les faire traduire." The only document which must be submitted with the CSQ application is a color photocopy of the passport. Vietnamese passports bear a stamped government seal, written only in Vietnamese. All other portions of the Vietnamese passport are in English and Vietnamese. We have tried to get the seal translated by the Notary Public in Vietnam, but they do not want to complete the translation. They think that translating the seal is irrelevant; they say that they never translate Vietnamese passports, because everything is written in English (except the seal). Has anybody submitted a CSQ application with a non-English government seal? Could this derail our application? I am afraid that if we submit the CSQ today, it will be refused in 5 months just because of the seal, and we will have to submit it again and wait another 5 months. Any feedback would be appreciated.
I think no one translated the seal including me. I sent csq application on 23 Dec, let's see what happened :D

Reactions: kylaviet

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I think that it affects .., if you don’t have your CSQ they wont give you your PR.. i think they write that just so people doesnt get mad or scared .. ( although people are already mad ) they are really behind !!!
I know they don't give it without but they say it won't affect the prescribed delays which are 12 months. But I read people are waiting up to 15 months in average. And it doesn't look like they wanna speed up

dayanaraquin18

Sep 3, 2019
Colombia
Visa Office......
VO Bogotá
Spoke with an agent over at Midi and she mentioned that they should update the dates on the website this thursday. And that she thinks they have completed most of august and on to september. Hopefully she’s right.
I don't know if this is true. My application is from the beginning of August and they haven't sent it to me yet ... I haven't called because I'm tired of being told that I have to wait longer. I've been waiting for 5 months now. I hope you're right and receive my csq this week.

Reactions: Grace2019

sharbin1994

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
I don't know if this is true. My application is from the beginning of August and they haven't sent it to me yet ... I haven't called because I'm tired of being told that I have to wait longer. I've been waiting for 5 months now. I hope you're right and receive my csq this week.
Yes I understand, it's starting to become frustrating.