+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

tomtom21

Jul 4, 2018
Yes I received my CSQ in the mail on September 22nd, and medical request on Oct 1st. Check signature for more on timeline
Where is the PA from, if you dont mind telling.

In my opinion. the problem is not with CPC-M sending the medical request, i guess it has to do with the PA home country where he/she has to get the medical done. My spouse is from India and I have similar timelines as "Mira2018" or "TonyGuitar" but because India is reporting record number of Covid cases daily, therefore I doubt if a medical request will be sent by CPC-M anytime soon. All I have read on different forums is that PAs from USA or places where Covid is a bit under control are getting their files moved.

VFS offices in India are still closed. Even if medical is done, any steps post medical like PPR, COPR documents etc cant be processed as there is no place to send passport for PR visa stamping etc as everything in India for Canadian PR is sent via VFS.

Last edited:
Reactions: SumitJ

slough

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Where is the PA from, if you dont mind telling.

In my opinion. the problem is not with CPC-M sending the medical request, i guess it has to do with the PA home country where he/she has to get the medical done. My spouse is from India and I have similar timelines as "Mira2018" or "TonyGuitar" but because India is reporting record number of Covid cases daily, therefore I doubt if a medical request will be sent by CPC-M anytime soon. All I have read on different forums is that PAs from USA or places where Covid is a bit under control are getting their files moved.

VFS offices in India are still closed. Even if medical is done, any steps post medical like PPR, COPR documents etc cant be processed as there is no place to send passport for PR visa stamping etc as everything in India for Canadian PR is sent via VFS.
For many of us CPC-M is the visa office handling the file. Although traditionally CPC-M files were thought to move quicker than most outside visa offices, for whatever reason CPC-M has not been moving on these files and there seems to be a lot of Quebec applications having heard nothing since receipt of CSQ. TonyGuitar above seems to have Dar Es Salaam as the visa office. I've also seen people report movement from Singapore, Hong Kong, Manila, and others.

It really doesn't seem like a lot to ask to progress these files which theoretically should have been pretty close to done. After all, what possible reason would there be for pausing all processing on Quebec files while waiting on CSQ given the known lengthy delays in that process? To ask the question is depressing in itself, however.

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
My medical request was sent from HK IRCC. Along with it was an email from the same office stating that I now have three months to complete the medical exam instead of the 30 days deadline set out on the medical form.

tomtom21

Jul 4, 2018
For many of us CPC-M is the visa office handling the file. Although traditionally CPC-M files were thought to move quicker than most outside visa offices, for whatever reason CPC-M has not been moving on these files and there seems to be a lot of Quebec applications having heard nothing since receipt of CSQ. TonyGuitar above seems to have Dar Es Salaam as the visa office. I've also seen people report movement from Singapore, Hong Kong, Manila, and others.

It really doesn't seem like a lot to ask to progress these files which theoretically should have been pretty close to done. After all, what possible reason would there be for pausing all processing on Quebec files while waiting on CSQ given the known lengthy delays in that process? To ask the question is depressing in itself, however.
Completely agree with you on asking for an update. Should we send web form or call them directly? I have already requested GCMS notes to see what is that they are waiting on. By the way, when I sent my CSQ via web mail (as I didn't want to rely on MIDI to send it to VO), I did receive an acknowledgment from CPC-M that they have received it.

Tonyguitar

Feb 22, 2020
Good Morning ,

for those who received Medical , can i know if you received the letter from your visa office or from the federal in Canada ?
thankyou

the visa office sends you an email asking for medical and csq, then you go on gckey to download the form you take to your doctor for the medical check

Reactions: Canada&CO

VeeM

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
@Tonyguitar Oh ok i see thanks ,
Because i was wondering if it is possible to receive medical request this week since i received the pre-arrival letter on thursday, but my visa office ( beirut-lebanon) is closed due to covid this week .. so i guess next week maybe ( fingers crossed) !

Reactions: Tonyguitar

Lavtaz

Jan 17, 2018
You are right, they are really careless in this regard, it happened to me as well. Our first CSQ application was submitted to MIFI on 18 Feb 2020, the credit card was expired on 30 May 2020, almost 4 months after we submitted. They returned the complete application with a letter indicating that new Credit Card info is required. I sent with the required info in July and reached them on the 7th of July. I received AoR in August. I called them and explained the case. They just told me carelessly that we will process your application from July 7th, not from Feb. Then I found our region's MP, they also tried and received the same answer from MIFI. It is really unfair and ridiculous :( :(
Please be advised/careful, when you send your application back with new credit card information, sign and put the current date, otherwise, they will tell you again that your application is too old, and you will suffer from delay again, not them. This was advised by an immigration lawyer.
Hi Kareem have u got csq

Lavtaz

Jan 17, 2018
Hi
no the bioetrics havnt been approved yet and no medical or go ahead to apply for csq. I didnt send a webform yet but I think if I dont get anything this coming week I will send one. How is yours?
..HI...Have u got csq request letter...

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Hi
..HI...Have u got csq request letter...
nothing, and now it says they didnt receive the biometrics that PA submitted Sept 8th. It even says the biometrics enrollment number in our file. Sent a webform for that. Read in another thread that they are sending the letters for CSQ request by physical mail.

Lavtaz

Jan 17, 2018
nothing, and now it says they didnt receive the biometrics that PA submitted Sept 8th. It even says the biometrics enrollment number in our file. Sent a webform for that. Read in another thread that they are sending the letters for CSQ request by physical mail.
Yes I suppose u shud raise a webform and ask about biometric update and csq request

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Just received my 2nd GCMS notes. The first one I received was in August.

A new note created in my 2nd GCMS notes. Guess what the note says ?
CSQ Uploaded.!!!! That's it. Nothing else.

For the past 2 and half months after I submitted the CSQ, the only thing that happens is....CSQ uploaded...wow..

I'm just so angry..I dont understand what these guys in CPC M doing.

• Haha
Reactions: tham_son

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Bonjour ! J’ai une question svp , je suis en processus de parrainage reçu le 26/09/2019 et entre temps j’ai accouché en janvier 2020 ( ils demandaient quelque part qu’en cas de naissance qu’il faut les prévenir ce qui fut fait en les envoyant l’extrait de naissance de l’enfant) j’ai passé ma visite médical en juin et j’attend le csq que je recevrai s’un moment à l’autre , et la ils m’envoient un message qu’ils veulent le csq et le résultat de la visite médical de mon enfant Sachant qu’on a pas ajouté l’enfant au parrainage nous souhaitons le faire ultérieurement au risque de ne pas prolonger mon processus ! Que faire ? Est ce obligatoire d’inclure l’enfant à mon parrainage ?
Si vous êtes personne qui est parrainée donc votre guarantor (personne qui parraine) devrais ajouter le bébé et lui parrainer (mais si le guarantor est déjà citoyens candaien le bébé automatiquement devient citoyen canadien indépendamment dans quel pays bébé est né).
Si vous êtes personne qui parraine ça depends si vous êtes résident permanente, citoyenne et où vous avez accouché le bébé).

slough

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Just received my 2nd GCMS notes. The first one I received was in August.

A new note created in my 2nd GCMS notes. Guess what the note says ?
CSQ Uploaded.!!!! That's it. Nothing else.

For the past 2 and half months after I submitted the CSQ, the only thing that happens is....CSQ uploaded...wow..

I'm just so angry..I dont understand what these guys in CPC M doing.
Just got mine too. Notes generated on August 7 and again on September 28. The only thing I can see that's changed - other than the note about my previous GCMS request - is our file is now a member of a Group that it wasn't before as of August 14 - Group Name CSQ, Status: In Process.

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Just got mine too. Notes generated on August 7 and again on September 28. The only thing I can see that's changed - other than the note about my previous GCMS request - is our file is now a member of a Group that it wasn't before as of August 14 - Group Name CSQ, Status: In Process.
Mine was CSQ in process in notes generated Aug 10. And no changes in notes generated Sep 20. I raised a web form out of frustration asking IRCC to provide reason why the file has no movement at all even though I know that either I will not get a response or I will get a generic response.
Because I dont know what to do.

Reactions: slough