+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
Update on my file, just received medical request... I sent the CSQ by webform to Cairo VO and IRCC when I received it.

- Application Timeline -

Application completed, sent, received: sept 23 2019
AOR1: nov 2 2019
Application Linked: nov 3 2019
Sponsorship Approval: nov 13 2019
Biometrics request: nov 13 2019
Biometrics done: nov 17 2019
Moved to Visa Office Cairo: dec 13 2019
CSQ Request: dec 13 2019
CSQ AOR: jan 24 2019
CSQ Credit Card Charged: jan 24 2019
CSQ approved: jun 22 2020
CSQ received: jul 6 2020
AOR2: NA
Medical request: sept 13 2020
medical done: sept 14 2020
background check:
decision made:
passport request:
passport received:
copr:
This looks pretty much like mine. I’m hopeful I will receive the medical request this month. Thanks for the update!

Reactions: tham_son

drondon07

Jan 18, 2020
Great news! How did you find out you were approved? By email or phone?
By email. They responded :
Hello,
We have read your email.
According to our verifications, this file was finalized on September 8, 2020, and a final decision was rendered (application accepted). So, you should receive the documentation within the next few days.
Best regards,

Reactions: Peter1997

Peter1997

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
By email. They responded :
Hello,
We have read your email.
According to our verifications, this file was finalized on September 8, 2020, and a final decision was rendered (application accepted). So, you should receive the documentation within the next few days.
Best regards,
Thank you - we applied February 27th, so hoping to receive something soon.

Reactions: drondon07

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Thank you - we applied February 27th, so hoping to receive something soon.
Hi Peter, we both are almost in same situation. Although I am a Jan 2019 applicant. lets keep each other posted for any new updates. I am waiting for BGC and COPR hopefully. Dont know when these will happen. First dont know when IRCC will receive CSQ :)

Reactions: Peter1997

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi Friends, I have a family emergency and am required to visit my family. I believe there is no proper answer to this question but could you please share your thoughts.
Is it ok to visit my family for few months. Really not sure how many months. My mother is terminally ill and want to be there with her.

I'm not sure how this would impact my sponsorship application. :(
Do I need to inform IRCC about this ? or is it ok not to ?. Please help.

Brief on my timeline -
Received sponsorship approval in Dec 2019.
CSQ approved in July 2020.

slough

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi Friends, I have a family emergency and am required to visit my family. I believe there is no proper answer to this question but could you please share your thoughts.
Is it ok to visit my family for few months. Really not sure how many months. My mother is terminally ill and want to be there with her.

Brief on my timeline -
If you are a Canadian citizen sponsor you can travel for as long as you want. However if you are a permanent resident sponsor it is required that you reside in Canada during the sponsorship process. In the latter case the usual guidelines I've read are a few weeks' vacation are fine but months may raise questions about whether you reside in Canada.

Under the circumstances if it were me I would still go even if I were a PR and I would create a well-documented file of why you needed to be gone temporarily and why it wasn't residing out of the country.

Reactions: SKRPrince09

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
If you are a Canadian citizen sponsor you can travel for as long as you want. However if you are a permanent resident sponsor it is required that you reside in Canada during the sponsorship process. In the latter case the usual guidelines I've read are a few weeks' vacation are fine but months may raise questions about whether you reside in Canada.

Under the circumstances if it were me I would still go even if I were a PR and I would create a well-documented file of why you needed to be gone temporarily and why it wasn't residing out of the country.
Thank you. I m a PR

Do you suggest I raise a web form to IRCC and provide them necessary medical certificates with a hope of getting some sort of authorization from them ? I'm thinking by raising a web form I am informing IRCC upfront about my situation before my travel.

slough

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Thank you. I m a PR

Do you suggest I raise a web form to IRCC and provide them necessary medical certificates with a hope of getting some sort of authorization from them ? I'm thinking by raising a web form I am informing IRCC upfront about my situation before my travel.
I'm sorry, I really don't know the answer to this. More than likely you won't get a response in a timely manner with any kind of authorization. However I'd never suggest trying to hide anything from them. Perhaps a letter with accompanying documentation and evidence that you aren't abandoning your residence in Canada (some things that come to mind: letter from employer, continuing lease or mortgage, any other ties to Canada?) might be a good idea. I'd also keep a copy with you when you return across the border just in case. I'd like to think that they would be amenable to not considering residence abandoned under these circumstances but you just never know.

So long as you don't try to deceive IRCC I suppose the worst case is needing to reapply. I don't know your appetite for this, but it might be worth a short consult with an immigration lawyer.

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
I'm sorry, I really don't know the answer to this. More than likely you won't get a response in a timely manner with any kind of authorization. However I'd never suggest trying to hide anything from them. Perhaps a letter with accompanying documentation and evidence that you aren't abandoning your residence in Canada (some things that come to mind: letter from employer, continuing lease or mortgage, any other ties to Canada?) might be a good idea. I'd also keep a copy with you when you return across the border just in case. I'd like to think that they would be amenable to not considering residence abandoned under these circumstances but you just never know.

So long as you don't try to deceive IRCC I suppose the worst case is needing to reapply. I don't know your appetite for this, but it might be worth a short consult with an immigration lawyer.
At a tough time, receiving such valuable inputs is very heart warming. Thanks.

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012

Brief on my timeline -
If you have to travel to be with your mother/family then just do what you have to do.
I don’t think contacting IRCC upfront would help in any way, especially that you’re not sure whether you’d be gone for weeks or months. If they ask while you’re away (or request the routine “proof of residence”) then obviously tell the truth, or if you find yourself going to stay for an extended period then you can contact them and give them specific information, which might entail withdrawing or suspending your application till you’re back again, which isn’t the end of the world, as long as you’d still be in compliance with the Residency Obligation to re-sponsor.

Reactions: SKRPrince09

Jamal A.

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Hey guys wanted to update you on my file. CSQ request received by MIFI March 04 2020. AOR July 30 2020. Called today CSQ approve September 14 2020 and printed on September 15 2020. They told me will receive it in 2-3 weeks in the mail.
Hopefully everyone will get good news soon!!

Reactions: Malikhk

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
If you have to travel to be with your mother/family then just do what you have to do.
I don’t think contacting IRCC upfront would help in any way, especially that you’re not sure whether you’d be gone for weeks or months. If they ask while you’re away (or request the routine “proof of residence”) then obviously tell the truth, or if you find yourself going to stay for an extended period then you can contact them and give them specific information, which might entail withdrawing or suspending your application till you’re back again, which isn’t the end of the world, as long as you’d still be in compliance with the Residency Obligation to re-sponsor.

Thank you. I will try and not stay outside Canada for more than a month...however, I'm also planning on travelling frequently, like every couple of months. And each time not stay outside Canada for more than a month. I dont know if this will be better than staying outside Canada for too long from the application perspective