+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Looking at the tracker it seems like most applicants receive the medical request right after they get the biometrics request but I still haven't received that. Do they ask for medical AFTER they receive CSQ for QC applicants?

spring24

Oct 22, 2018
Looking at the tracker it seems like most applicants receive the medical request right after they get the biometrics request but I still haven't received that. Do they ask for medical AFTER they receive CSQ for QC applicants?
As u see my timeline, I have the same situation. Even after getting CSQ, still waiting for medical request. But as u said, things go differently for various applicants, some receive MR sooner. I've heard that there is no particular relationship between MR and CSQ.

Reactions: Bynming

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
As u see my timeline, I have the same situation. Even after getting CSQ, still waiting for medical request. But as u said, things go differently for various applicants, some receive MR sooner. I've heard that there is no particular relationship between MR and CSQ.
Understood, thank you

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Medical request almost always comes after CSQ is issued. Our CSQ was issued on July 31st. Got medical request for my wife and son yesterday. I think the reason for this is that medical exam expires in a year and they don't want delays from Quebec to cause the applicant to take the medical exam twice

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Excellent. On August 16 I received an email saying "We are pleased to inform that you have met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor.". I believe this is called SA. And now I'm still waiting for them to request CSQ.

Reactions: smallcoffee

spring24

Oct 22, 2018
Medical request almost always comes after CSQ is issued. Our CSQ was issued on July 31st. Got medical request for my wife and son yesterday. I think the reason for this is that medical exam expires in a year and they don't want delays from Quebec to cause the applicant to take the medical exam twice
Would you please share your timeline?

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Would you please share your timeline?
Application received - April 8th
AOR - April 30th
Sponsorship Approval - May 6th
Biometrics Payment Request - May 8th
Biometrics Request - May 15th
CSQ Request - May 21st
CSQ Application Received - May 24th
Biometrics Given - May 30th
CSQ AOR and CC charge - June 11th
CSQ Issued - July 31st
Medical Request - August 20th
Medical Exam - August 21st

Reactions: spring24

spring24

Oct 22, 2018
Dear friends,
May you please tell me if I want to call immigration office in Canada to know about my case (its more than 7 months) should I cal MIDI or IRCC?
Do you have any numbers? Has anyone tried this way?

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone, I just sent my CSQ application, looks like it'll take a long time to receive it. What do I need to do with the CSQ once I receive it, do I need to mail it somewhere? Thanks

BharatFL

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

Application submitted - Aug 8, 2019 (via Canada expresspost)
Application received - Aug 12, 2019
AOR 1 - waiting
PA: India

Good luck to us!:)

Rania Khan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Application received - April 8th
AOR - April 30th
Sponsorship Approval - May 6th
Biometrics Payment Request - May 8th
Biometrics Request - May 15th
CSQ Request - May 21st
CSQ Application Received - May 24th
Biometrics Given - May 30th
CSQ AOR and CC charge - June 11th
CSQ Issued - July 31st
Medical Request - August 20th
Medical Exam - August 21st
your spousal is in land or outland , same boat we applied in May . medical done and submitted on 16 Sep, waiting Medical result

seanshine

Mar 4, 2019
Hi! Sharing my info so far:

Quebec outland applicant

PA: South Korea
Application received: Aug 15th, 2019
ECAS says In process: Sep 19th, 2019
AOR: Sep 19th, 2019
SA passed: Sep 20th, 2019
Biometrics request: Sep 20th, 2019
VO: Sent to Manila, Philippines on Oct 3rd, 2019
CSQ requested: Oct 3rd, 2019
CSQ submitted: Oct 3rd, 2019
AOR2: Oct 7th, 2019
Medical request: Oct 14th, 2019
Medical completed: Oct 15th, 2019
CSQ CC charge: Oct 23rd, 2019

Apr 22, 2019
Hi everyone!

I’m sponsoring my wife and her dependent child and they finally got their CoPR’s and we are ready to go to Canada (I’m currently with them). Our destination is Montreal and I have our CSQ’s for Quebec as well.

We decided to buy flights to Edmonton instead of Montreal and spend a two week holiday there as my mother lives in AB and would like us to visit her before we settle in QC.

Since our final destination is QC and we will put our address in QC down for where to send the PR cards, will we have any problems for our Port of Entry as AB and not QC? Would she still have to give the CSQ’s to the immigration officer in Edmonton and canthey just give her the landed status there? I know many people land in other Port of Entry’s which isn’t on their application. Besides she got her PR through family sponsorship and not through any provincial program. I know technically once she goes through the customs she will be considered a landed immigrant and be entitled to the Canadian charter of rights which allows her to live and travel freely throughout Canada. I just want to make sure she and her dependent child can land in AB and visit my family like a holiday for a couple weeks before we go to QC. Will they ask for a flight ticket to QC from AB? Also what’s the worst case scenario if there’s a problem?

many thanks

Last edited: