+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine when there is a flight connection (traveling from abroad)

Sepideh81

Apr 2, 2019
Hello everybody. I am travelling from abroad to Canada and the destination is Vancouver. However there is a flight connection in Toronto (Frankfurt-Toronto-Vancouver). Considering the Covid-19 situation, do I have to pass the 14 days of quarantine in Toronto, or can I continue my journey to the destination (Vancouver) and pass the quarantine there?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everybody. I am travelling from abroad to Canada and the destination is Vancouver. However there is a flight connection in Toronto (Frankfurt-Toronto-Vancouver). Considering the Covid-19 situation, do I have to pass the 14 days of quarantine in Toronto, or can I continue my journey to the destination (Vancouver) and pass the quarantine there?
No you can go through to Vancouver but you must go through immigration in Toronto.

Reactions: Sepideh81

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Also another question, how can I get to my location of quarantine from the airport? Can I use a taxi?
yes you can as long as go direct to your accomodation

You complete immigration and customs in Toronto so be prepared with your isolation plan for Vancouver to present to CBSA in Toronto.You need to stay airside in Toronto until your connection for Vancouver which obviously will be a domestic flight so after Toronto you are done with immigration/customs

Reactions: Sepideh81

Sepideh81

Apr 2, 2019
yes you can as long as go direct to your accomodation

You complete immigration and customs in Toronto so be prepared with your isolation plan for Vancouver to present to CBSA in Toronto.You need to stay airside in Toronto until your connection for Vancouver
thank you so much