+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine Exemption - Entry without visa

Feb 3, 2021
As far i think ,phac says limited release on compassionate grounds to your private residence .with that letter it should be ok without 3 day quarantine hotel.thats the purpose of limited realese on compassionate grounds.

what is use of limited release on compassionate grounds if they have to live for 3 days in hotel and then 11 days in residence.i have read narcity article that if you have approval for limited release on compassionate ground you don't have to do 3 day hotel rule.

Also,if you have extra room and separate toilet that should be enough for quarantine.for example,when husband gets covid ,other half stays in another room and take care of them with following distance .not like they go to live in basement.however,if you want extra precaution basment is good option.

Feb 3, 2021
Hi,

Where, in the letter does it state that the person is exempt from the hotel quarantine? I got a similar letter but am not sure about the hotel quarantine part.
As far i think ,phac says limited release on compassionate grounds to your private residence .with that letter it should be ok without 3 day quarantine hotel.thats the purpose of limited realese on compassionate grounds.

what is use of limited release on compassionate grounds if they have to live for 3 days in hotel and then 11 days in residence.i have read narcity article that if you have approval for limited release on compassionate ground you don't have to do 3 day hotel rule.

Also,if you have extra room and separate toilet that should be enough for quarantine.for example,when husband gets covid ,other half stays in another room and take care of them with following distance .not like they go to live in basement.however,if you want extra precaution basment is good option.

sr12

Apr 15, 2021
My father applied for his visitor's visa back in July 2020, biometrics are not required, however he is still not getting his visitor's visa.

Do you think applying for compassionate reasons to travel to Canada will help with immigration to process his visitor's visa faster? I have a PR here. Really in desperate need to get my father here.

Any advice would help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

This is incorrect if there is a vulnerable person in the home you need to be totally separate. No spare room with an attached bathroom. You must be somewhere separate like a basement or a separate residence. Would add that the people in your household will not be able to go to a doctors office or hospital if they have people quarantining in the next room to them. A pregnant woman risks infecting a whole office, hospital ward and other patients with covid. Would add that anyone should quarantine very well from non traveling family because the variants seem to spread so easily that there have been cases where it has been transmitted through ventilation system. If you open the door to get food droplets can go into the hallway. Who wants to potential infect all their family versus taking precautions to remain separately? So many family groups have been infected because their traveling family member didn’t quarantine effectively. Narcity is not reliable evidence on what public health or CBSA will do. I have read multiple articles on covid from their publication with lots of inaccuracies. Why you need to be excused from hotel quarantine will be evaluated at the airport. It will be up to public health and or CBSA to determine whether you can be excused from hotel quarantine. If you are not at your private residence where nobody is around it is unlikely unless there is some sort of other reason why you can’t go to a hotel. Perhaps you need disability accommodations that aren’t available as an example. If you are even considering quarantining in a spare room with a vulnerable person in the household please read this article. There are so many pregnant women in the ICUs. There will be deaths of either babies or mothers unfortunately. If not longterm medical issues. Why would people risk this?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/worst-fear-come-true-toronto-woman-was-in-icu-with-covid-19-days-before-giving-birth-1.5388199

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My father applied for his visitor's visa back in July 2020, biometrics are not required, however he is still not getting his visitor's visa.

Do you think applying for compassionate reasons to travel to Canada will help with immigration to process his visitor's visa faster? I have a PR here. Really in desperate need to get my father here.

Any advice would help.
Have you flagged his application via email as part of the travel exempt applications? Doesn’t guarantee that he will be approved but his application should be evaluated within the month if not slightly more. He has already done biometrics?

Visatounite

Apr 23, 2021
Hi
looking for some thoughts here
My fiancé is based in Canada and has his Copr
We are planning to get married in May

I have applied for visit visa and still waiting. Would i be able to get travel exemption letter as extended family member travelling to meet and register marriage in Canada?
Please let me know if anyone had got a letter for same travel reason?

thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
looking for some thoughts here
My fiancé is based in Canada and has his Copr
We are planning to get married in May

I have applied for visit visa and still waiting. Would i be able to get travel exemption letter as extended family member travelling to meet and register marriage in Canada?
Please let me know if anyone had got a letter for same travel reason?

thanks
if you can prove you are in a long term relationship and that your visit is essential, then yes you may get approved. Travelling to Canada to get married is not essential.

Visatounite

Apr 23, 2021
if you can prove you are in a long term relationship and that your visit is essential, then yes you may get approved. Travelling to Canada to get married is not essential.
Thanks but as extended family member to unite what comes to be Essential reason apart from compassionate reasons do you know ?