+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qualified for both fsw and ce but received ITA for FSW and do not have ECA ???

nrj123

Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I qualify for both cec and fsw. I got an ITA to apply under FSW. So do i still have to apply for ECA report?? I did not include that in my profile and did not get any points for that. Please advice. Also i do not have an eca report too.
thanks

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nrj123 said:
I qualify for both cec and fsw. I got an ITA to apply under FSW. So do i still have to apply for ECA report?? I did not include that in my profile and did not get any points for that. Please advice. Also i do not have an eca report too.
thanks
NRJ this is strange but if you qualify for both without ECA in your profile and they gave you ITA for FSW then I guess you dont require ECA. But Asivad can answer better....

Asivad can you please answer this question at your time for nrj.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nrj123 said:
thanks
If you're eligible for both CEC and FSW, CIC will invite you to apply under FSW. If you haven't claimed points for foreign education, you don't need the ECA. Don't mention your foreign education in your post ITA profile and it won't ask you for ECA as well.

All the best!

nrj123

Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the response. But I do have to mention my bachelor's degree right from foreign country right ?
I didn't claim any points for ECA.
also i have master's from Canada too.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nrj123 said:
Thanks for the response. But I do have to mention my bachelor's degree right from foreign country right ?
No. If you mention the foreign credential, it will ask for an ECA. There is no reason to mention the foreign credential anywhere in your post ITA profile. Just mention the Canadian Masters degree.

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
From my experience. If u mention foreign education, there will be a question about if u have ECA for this foreign education or not. If u answered NO for ECA, then they will not ask u about ECA report and u will not get any points for ur bachelor. So u can add it but make sure that u choose NO for ECA.

Good luck

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
From my experience. If u mention foreign education, there will be a question about if u have ECA for this foreign education or not. If u answered NO for ECA, then they will not ask u about ECA report and u will not get any points for ur bachelor. So u can add it but make sure that u choose NO for ECA.

Good luck

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
nrj123 said:
I submitted a case specific inquiry, This was the response I got:
As long as you have a Canadian masters your foreign bachelor will be automatically valid, you don't need a ECA to prove its validity .
I also have a foreign undergrad and Canadian masters. I am eligible for both CEC and FSW. I got ITA as FSW.

As mentioned here when you enter into the application profile (before submitting the application) just mark it as you don't have a ECA for this degree.

There is no big difference between FSW and CEC if you are currently working in Canada.

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
KingOfGoodTimes said:
I submitted a case specific inquiry, This was the response I got:
As long as you have a Canadian masters your foreign bachelor will be automatically valid, you don't need a ECA to prove its validity .
I also have a foreign undergrad and Canadian masters. I am eligible for both CEC and FSW. I got ITA as FSW.

As mentioned here when you enter into the application profile (before submitting the application) just mark it as you don't have a ECA for this degree.

There is no big difference between FSW and CEC if you are currently working in Canada.
i may be wrong but i believe theres a difference in the proof of fund requirements defer or else you have LMIA job

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
tosincci said:
i may be wrong but i believe theres a difference in the proof of fund requirements defer or else you have LMIA job
I am not too sure on that , However I have to say I did submit both POF and the pay slips just to be safe, as mine was FSW.

But honestly I don't think it makes any difference as they doc check list said I can submit stuff like bank statement , T4, play stubs or NOA.