+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qualification is not related to work experience?

ghiaskhan

ghiaskhan said:
The "Hero member" on this forum has advised a husband as under:-

"I say she (a doctor ) should go there as a nurse for now, figure out the licensing when she gets there. You can go with her on an open spousal work permit if you want"
Even nurses are regulated in Canada
http://overseasnurse.com/countries/nurse_canada.htm
Different Licensing or registering bodies have different procedures. However all bodies require:
(1) Credential Verification
(2) A pass in Canadian Registered Nurse Examination
(3) Language ProficiencyAll Canadian provinces and territories except Quebec require that candidates write the Canadian Nurses Association Registration or Licensure Examination as part of the registration or licensure process.

Each case is assessed on individual basis. There are three possible outcomes:
(1) The applicant is not eligible
(2) The applicant will be eligible if additional requirements are satisfied
(3) The applicant is eligible

After passing Canadian Registered Nurse Examination, you can obtain full registration.

Doctors are not trained to be nurses..This will be change of profession. doctors would rather concentrate on their own qualification and work for getting license as doctors rather than being grilled through a licensing process for "Nursing".Obviouly nurses have lower salery than doctors

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is a lot easier for a doctor to qualify as a nurse than getting licensed as a doctor. If they choose to work as a nurse while they work on their licensing as a doctor, that is their choice. If they choose to instead work at Walmart for $10 per hour while they work on their licensing as a doctor, this is their choice too. However, working as a doctor in Canada before they get licensed is not an option.

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
NewYorker said:
sonea said:
that doesnt matter only you have to provide the proof of full time paid work experience for 12 consecutive months in last 10 yrs....
I am not very sure about that, I have work experience for 7 years, they asked me full four years tax documents and company letter not for only 12 months.

It depends what you are claiming in your application..
you have 7 yrs xperience thats y u provided all the detail but this person has only 2 yrs of xperience and he says that its not related to my qualification so i told him that he can count his experience theres no compulsation that your job must match you qualifications. obviously not the odd jobs its only full time paid job for atleast a yr in last 10 yrs .... if some 1 has store keeper job xperience while studing or otherwise obviously thats not gonna count in it and for others who hav many yrs of job experience obviously they'll have to provide all the relavant documents...

ghiaskhan

"theres is no compulsation that your job must match you qualifications" I agree with soea. Obviously when doctors are being advised to immigrate as nurses despite the fact that doctors are not trained to be nurses. Both the profession are different and negate eachother in trems of their status, qualification and earning.