+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSW Federal Stage - Application from Inside Canada

yanlanka

Mar 1, 2016
I heard about there is no quota for PR this year within Canada. It means we should wait till January 2017...Does anybody heard about PPR news recently?

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
contextaa said:
I have four questions regarding the federal stage:

1. I am wondering if I would need a new police certificate when I left my country 3 years ago? I have a police certificate but it is for 2013... never went back since.

2. I have both national ID and birth certificate (national id is expired a year ago!), do I need to send them both?

3. Do we need the translation and certified copy of the original for the following docs for the federal stage:

- Birth Certificate
- National ID
- Police Clearance

4. Do we need a police Clearance from Canada?!

Thanks a lot!
1. I am wondering if I would need a new police certificate when I left my country 3 years ago? I have a police certificate but it is for 2013... never went back since.

you must provide Original Police Certificates. The certificate is Valid for 3 months. once reaching the CIC, I think it remains Valid for 6 months.

2. I have both national ID and birth certificate (national id is expired a year ago!), do I need to send them both?

You need to provide valid Civil ID and a recent Birth Certificate

3. Do we need the translation and certified copy of the original for the following docs for the federal stage:

- Birth Certificate
- National ID
- Police Clearance

If any of those documents are not in English or French, you must provide certified/notarized translation (submit original translation with a copy of original version).

4. Do we need a police Clearance from Canada?!
I don't have the right answer

Regards

Musers

Jan 2, 2013
yanlanka said:
I heard about there is no quota for PR this year within Canada. It means we should wait till January 2017...Does anybody heard about PPR news recently?
WTF? But Why?

Vinc360

Oct 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney N.S / CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
18-07-2016 (30-07-2016 Medical Results Received)
Passport Req..
Decision made: 06-12-2016. No PPR (Visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 09-12-2016
LANDED..........
18-12-2016
yanlanka said:
How come? Where did you get this information?

That means nobody else will get PPR until next year?

hazel15

Jan 27, 2016
Come on guys. The quota thing is irrelevant when you already have a job offer.
We all know PPR takes 4-5 months after medical exams. We just need to wait

marcomcarneiro

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Passport Req..
11-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
25-01-2017
Guys, a side question to the main topic. I'm still on the list waiting for an answer for the PR (QSW, medics done, RPRF paid, from inside Canada, etc), but my visa and work permit are about to expire (in mid November), after which I need to travel and return after a week.

I have filled the application for (what I believe is) the bridge OWP, and I got the usual message saying "please do Permit first, VISA after" etc. At the end, when getting ready to pay the fees, I realized I'm charged a "Work Permit" and an "Open Work Permit Holder Fee" fees, totaling 255CAD. Can't find info online if that includes the visa costs or not.

Anyone that has gone through the same or similar issue cares to share their experience and knowledge?

Thanks

contextaa

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mgazi said:

you must provide Original Police Certificates. The certificate is Valid for 3 months. once reaching the CIC, I think it remains Valid for 6 months.

- Birth Certificate
- National ID
- Police Clearance

If any of those documents are not in English or French, you must provide certified/notarized translation (submit original translation with a copy of original version).

Regards
Thank you for your reply.

I could get an original police certificate (in a language other than English) from the country I left three years ago. Just to make sure I understand you correctly, providing the original + translation is enough or I should get a certified copy of the original + Translation?

rokib2012

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 October 2016
AOR Received.
30 January 2017
Med's Request
22 February 2017
Med's Done....
24 February 2017
marcomcarneiro said:
Guys, a side question to the main topic. I'm still on the list waiting for an answer for the PR (QSW, medics done, RPRF paid, from inside Canada, etc), but my visa and work permit are about to expire (in mid November), after which I need to travel and return after a week.

I have filled the application for (what I believe is) the bridge OWP, and I got the usual message saying "please do Permit first, VISA after" etc. At the end, when getting ready to pay the fees, I realized I'm charged a "Work Permit" and an "Open Work Permit Holder Fee" fees, totaling 255CAD. Can't find info online if that includes the visa costs or not.

Anyone that has gone through the same or similar issue cares to share their experience and knowledge?

Thanks
Hi,
I think after getting your new "Work permit" then you have to apply for "VISA". You also have to pay fee for getting VISA which I believe around $CAD 100.

Thanks

yanlanka

Mar 1, 2016
Vinc360 said:
How come? Where did you get this information?

That means nobody else will get PPR until next year?
Someone like an agent, he said that cic always finish the quota at the end of Augst for the applications inside of Canada. Same situation like last year. And long time no news about passport request, final desicion for applicaions inside of Canada. I hope this is not true. Does anybody heard about passport request recently?

CIC received my application on 30 Oct. 2015

Vinc360

Oct 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney N.S / CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
18-07-2016 (30-07-2016 Medical Results Received)
Passport Req..
Decision made: 06-12-2016. No PPR (Visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 09-12-2016
LANDED..........
18-12-2016
yanlanka said:
Someone like an agent, he said that cic always finish the quota at the end of Augst for the applications inside of Canada. Same situation like last year. And long time no news about passport request, final desicion for applicaions inside of Canada. I hope this is not true. Does anybody heard about passport request recently?

CIC received my application on 30 Oct. 2015
Same date here, but that doesn't sound right. I'm sure it would be known as nobody would ever get PPR after August every year. A CIC agent on the phone told you that?

yanlanka

Mar 1, 2016
Vinc360 said:
Same date here, but that doesn't sound right. I'm sure it would be known as nobody would ever get PPR after August every year. A CIC agent on the phone told you that?
Not a CIC agent. He is someone like an agent help people do the immigration documents.

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
contextaa said:
Thank you for your reply.

I could get an original police certificate (in a language other than English) from the country I left three years ago. Just to make sure I understand you correctly, providing the original + translation is enough or I should get a certified copy of the original + Translation?
Hi contextaa,

Yes you need to provide the Original PPC & its Certified Translation

Regards,

contextaa

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mgazi said:
Hi contextaa,

Yes you need to provide the Original PPC & its Certified Translation

Regards,
Thanks... The reason I was confused was that it is clearly mentioned on this checklist that if your docs are from a language other than English/French, a translation with a certified copy of the original should be included. (second paragraph)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5690E.pdf

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
contextaa said:
Thanks... The reason I was confused was that it is clearly mentioned on this checklist that if your docs are from a language other than English/French, a translation with a certified copy of the original should be included. (second paragraph)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5690E.pdf
Hi contextaa ,

The certified copy of the original here goes for the Documents you can't have more than a single one like the Diploma.

regards,

hesam021

Aug 16, 2016
Can you guys who applied from inside Canada tell me how long it did take for you to receive a list of personalized documents? and then to get your certificate?

Sharing of any time frame is appreciated.
Thanks,