Star Member
Sep 14, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Experts,

Below mention jobs titles are under NOC 1122.

• analyst, business management
• analyst, industrial and commercial methods
• analyst, methods and cost
• business consultant
• business management analyst
• business management consultant
• certified management consultant
• consultant, business
• consultant, management
• consultant, organizational analysis
• industrial and commercial methods analyst
• ISO consultant
• management analyst
• management consultant
• methods and cost analyst
• operations management senior consultant
• organizational analysis consultant
• quality auditor, industrial standards
• senior consultant, operations management

My question is that me working at firm named ABC Cost & Management Accountant. and i am consultant dealing with other businesses and give consultancy in order to income / sale tax and indicate their employees how you manage official record for audit purpose and Tax returns purpose.

Whether i am eligible under NOC 1122 or not. And above mention Jobs titles are closely matched with my consultancy firm profile? i am business/ Senior consultant in this firm and 4 year experience. My Education is MBA-Finance,IT, what is my future now may i apply under NOC 1122? And seniors kindly highlights the title which are more closely with my firm where i doing job.

mozm

mediajunkie

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
The job title doesn't matter. I am sure that there are 100 different job titles for people doing the exact same job. In fact if you try to pass yourself off as an accountant or financial consultant you may be rejected. Accountants and Financial managers were on the old list and has been taken off in the new NOC list.

In your application form, you are asked to describe your duties. Try to make your job duties match the NOC1122 job description as much as possible. If you are able to get an official letter from your employer, ask him to phrase it so that your duties match most of the NOC1122 descriptions as much as possible to support your statements. If you had a previous job that fits the 1122 description better, you can use that job experience to apply as long as you have worked at that job for more than one year.

There is still a chance that you might qualify under the category. The NOC-29 list is extremely new (only a few hours old) and untested. No one has applied through it yet and can give you a definitive answer.

mozm

Star Member
Sep 14, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mediajunkie said:
The job title doesn't matter. I am sure that there are 100 different job titles for people doing the exact same job. In fact if you try to pass yourself off as an accountant or financial consultant you may be rejected. Accountants and Financial managers were on the old list and has been taken off in the new NOC list.

In your application form, you are asked to describe your duties. Try to make your job duties match the NOC1122 job description as much as possible. If you are able to get an official letter from your employer, ask him to phrase it so that your duties match most of the NOC1122 descriptions as much as possible to support your statements. If you had a previous job that fits the 1122 description better, you can use that job experience to apply as long as you have worked at that job for more than one year.

There is still a chance that you might qualify under the category. The NOC-29 list is extremely new (only a few hours old) and untested. No one has applied through it yet and can give you a definitive answer.
thx dude..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Just replied to u on the other thread...

mozm said:
Dear All,

i am working at firm named ABC CONSULTANT Cost & Management Accounts.
where we have done team work projects.

My final Education MBA

1-My Job Duties should inculde for following:

2-Consulting to Factories, Industries, & Business centers (any type of businies) how to manage your record for sales and income tax purpose.

3-Makin constitutions for those to run their business smoothly,

4-How to keep filing of daily purpose record. Bills, Sales purchases Invoices. Helping these record for return of income / sale tax to Tax office.

5-Helping and making file for Business name Registration

6- Gather Financial records from business centers to give formal shape from raw shape data and pass on to Chatered Accountant to make Financial Statement and Balance Sheet.

My office is basically consultancy office, whether it is financial consultancy and also business consultancy. i want to ask that CIO accept my job desicription under the designation of Business Management Consultant. and my Firm name acceptable which is i mention above. because my firm register with the tag of Cost & Management Accoutant.

I am confuse my JD are under NOC 1122 and my firm name shown the tag of NOC 1111.

Plz help me in this regard i am eligible for NOC 1122 or not .

Mozm
mozm said:
Qorax plzzzzzzzz say something on my this post...... i am very disappointed..
See, there r lots of activities described in this NOC. Eg. Analyst of Filing Systems, Business Methods, Cost & Work Study, Org Analysis, Corporate Planner, Records Management etc. etc. I think quite many duties of yours could be fit into it.

So, plan it well. Organize your docs correctly, arrange for the appropriate Work Exp Letters & u should be able to make it in this NOC. However, lot depends on what u actually do, & if there's an interview would u be able to justify/satisfy your role? U should take a professional, third party assessment, of your case before u plunge.

Good luck.
Qorax

The wise idea might be to consider those Job Titles as "Job Roles" & work on it for the Exp & your JDs. That might make a case for your acceptance in this NOC. However, ensure that u have a fool-proof documentation & work towards understanding it.

mozm

Star Member
Sep 14, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Just replied to u on the other thread...

See, there r lots of activities described in this NOC. Eg. Analyst of Filing Systems, Business Methods, Cost & Work Study, Org Analysis, Corporate Planner, Records Management etc. etc. I think quite many duties of yours could be fit into it.

So, plan it well. Organize your docs correctly, arrange for the appropriate Work Exp Letters & u should be able to make it in this NOC. However, lot depends on what u actually do, & if there's an interview would u be able to justify/satisfy your role? U should take a professional, third party assessment, of your case before u plunge.

Good luck.
Qorax

The wise idea might be to consider those Job Titles as "Job Roles" & work on it for the Exp & your JDs. That might make a case for your acceptance in this NOC. However, ensure that u have a fool-proof documentation & work towards understanding it.
Thx Qorax, I'll stick at this forum coz is it very full plate form, there is a lot of expert like you, who help those person who have little bit problem in their case like me, Qorax i want to talk personally may you give ur email add, facebook id where can i talk to you easily. you may send such info at my message inbox i also send to you right now.

Mozm

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mozm,

Qorax and mediajunkie has answered your query very well. When you write your job duties try to match it with the duties given in the NOC. Job title is not important but the job duties are more important and CIC looks at the job duties rather than job title. If you think your job duties matches ( atleat 70% should match) then apply under this NOC. And as when you get your employer letter ask you employer to write the duties in the same way as you will mention in your application form for CIC.

Good Luck

Cheers
Saki

mozm

Star Member
Sep 14, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saki said:
Hi Mozm,

Qorax and mediajunkie has answered your query very well. When you write your job duties try to match it with the duties given in the NOC. Job title is not important but the job duties are more important and CIC looks at the job duties rather than job title. If you think your job duties matches ( atleat 70% should match) then apply under this NOC. And as when you get your employer letter ask you employer to write the duties in the same way as you will mention in your application form for CIC.

Good Luck

Cheers
Saki
Thx Saki, you all always very helpful for me and others who are in some trouble......

Mozm

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
HI Saki, Qorax, PMM...i was about to put my case to CIO then the news of list changed stopped me...Saki helped me a lot before that now i need assisstance from all u guyzz..well my exp...has some duties like some for management and some for advertising..but more advertising ..but this is a manufacturing company for sports goods..that exports abroad their stufff.. does the advertising job..duties as per CHC.. suits for this kind of company....

ur response wud be appreciated..guyz..
mrshah

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mrshah30 said:
HI Saki, Qorax, PMM...i was about to put my case to CIO then the news of list changed stopped me...Saki helped me a lot before that now i need assisstance from all u guyzz..well my exp...has some duties like some for management and some for advertising..but more advertising ..but this is a manufacturing company for sports goods..that exports abroad their stufff.. does the advertising job..duties as per CHC.. suits for this kind of company....

mrshah
For acceptance under NOC1122 u need to be employed in an *Ad Agency, which provides Ad & Promo support to external clients (companies). Not that u'd be employed in a company's Marketing or PR Dept (the dept which deals with Ad & Promos internally).

*Purely my understaning though.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrshah30 said:

mrshah
Hi mrshah,

I second Qorax, to be eligible for this NOC one should be working in an Ad Agency and your company is a manufacturing company, i dont think you are eligible for this NOC.

Cheers
Saki

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more question, Education in Management field is necessary to apply for NOC 1122.

I am very confuse as I have education in computer science and engineering but I performed duty of NOC 1122.

Employment requirements

* A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or a related discipline is usually required.

* A graduate degree in business administration may be required.

* Some establishments may require management consultants to be certified by a provincial management consulting association.

* Certification as a quality auditor may be required for some occupations in this unit group.

* Occupations in health information management may require certification by the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA).

* In Quebec, occupations in health information management may require certification by the Association québécoise des archivistes médicales.

Source:

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/Profile.aspx?val=1&val1=1122

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I have an education in engineering and have done 1122 work before. Don't worry about your education, especially if its in the sciences. Many such graduates move to business consulting quite easily.

visaexpert said:
One more question, Education in Management field is necessary to apply for NOC 1122.

I am very confuse as I have education in computer science and engineering but I performed duty of NOC 1122.

Employment requirements

* A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or a related discipline is usually required.

* A graduate degree in business administration may be required.

* Some establishments may require management consultants to be certified by a provincial management consulting association.

* Certification as a quality auditor may be required for some occupations in this unit group.

* Occupations in health information management may require certification by the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA).

* In Quebec, occupations in health information management may require certification by the Association québécoise des archivistes médicales.

Source:

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/Profile.aspx?val=1&val1=1122

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
thanks 4 ur replies qorax, pmm and Saki,..yes Saki i discussed my job duties before u..if u remeber.but u think that if use my management duties which matches with 1122...this would be suitable with the nature of the company..which is manufacturer and exporters of all kinds of sports wears to the europe and usa..

regards
mrshah

kunalt2104

Jul 9, 2010
Dear Sir,

I would please need your help, my case is as under for NOC 1122

I worked with The Times of India (Newspaper) from Sep 2006 to May 2009 and had then filed my case in July 2008 under NOC 0611 (which is for Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers) as I was working in the advertisement department of the largest daily newspaper in India. But my application was returned as it did not fall under the then 38 occupation list.

Now, I realize that I am again eligible under NOC 1122, and since June 2009 I have worked with Baba Services an INS Accredited advertisement agency in Delhi and was handling their Chandigarh branch. And now I have recently made a shift (23rd June 2010) to an Outdoor advertising major Giraffe Advertising and Marketing Pvt. Ltd a Delhi based company and I am again handling their Chandigarh branch.

All throughout my JD's have matched with 1122 (since my days with The Times of India, when I had filed under NOC 0611). Am I eligible??? Will CIC say that earlier u had filed under NOC 0611 (Advertisement Managers) and now you are not eligible? Also will they have a record of my previous application, as I don't a copy of that now and don't remember what job duties and job titles did I write then...????

Also I read on the site that only 1000 application will be accepted, I want to ask as to how soon will these 1000 occupations get filled up???

Also do we have now to submit all our documents right now, at the time of filling the case???

I have also given IELTS on 10th April 2010 and got 8 bands (L-9, R-8, W-7, S-7)

I have done BBA (Marketing) and MBA Marketing...

Do I qualify???

Please reply, I am a new member... I could not find a link to post new threads so posting here... as soon I discover a link to post new thread I will repost it...

Thanks

Kunal

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Thanks for your reply saki, qorax and pmm..there are some questions which as a result of new changes risen up…

• The embassy of pakistan is operated by the London now days then on visa application which embassy should I write when it asks “requested embassy”

• Whether bank statement of one month old can be used to send at CIO, and is that ok to send bank certificate showing only current amount.

• We don’t need to send the sealed university envelope to CIO, only the copies at this stage and when will they request for university sealed envelope.

• The visa specific requirements say that present and past employment contracts I only have the contract for my current employer, previous employers say that they cannot issue employment contract only the reference letter could be provided and CIO also says that letter should be sealed with company stamp, does this mean the stamp of the company.

• In case of rejection is the visa fee is refundable.

• Which NOC code should write agains NOC at mailing address under below, the one that qualifies me or other NOC’s as well.

Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Office
Attn.: SW1 - NOC # _ _ _ _
PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0A9
Canada

Would appreciate ur response..