+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QORAX and all seniors and members help pls CAIPS confusing!!!

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

PSDEC 1 = Paper Selection Decision : passed

It is OK after a month( 31-07-2009) of documents sent to CHC London.

According to me there could be some thing wrong on your entry IM1017s request : 08-07-2009

BF'D 25-03-2011 is an error

Is your CAIPS say anywhere : ISSUE MED ?.

At a stage when they wait for medical report there can be an entry as:

PAPER FILE SENT TO : --- FILE BF'D TO: MED ON ( the last date allowed for medical).

Better you send directly on ECAS a 'Case Specific Enquiry' requesting for the current status of your file. Don't mention anything else. You can move further according to their reply. Perhaps they may correct the error at that time.

aspire said:
One more thing:

My next BFD will be on 25-03-2011

2011???? how come I am under the new process???

Guys please help!!!

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
wilson said:
Hi,

PSDEC 1 = Paper Selection Decision : passed

It is OK after a month( 31-07-2009) of documents sent to CHC London.

According to me there could be some thing wrong on your entry IM1017s request : 08-07-2009

BF'D 25-03-2011 is an error

Is your CAIPS say anywhere : ISSUE MED ?.

At a stage when they wait for medical report there can be an entry as:

PAPER FILE SENT TO : --- FILE BF'D TO: MED ON ( the last date allowed for medical).

Better you send directly on ECAS a 'Case Specific Enquiry' requesting for the current status of your file. Don't mention anything else. You can move further according to their reply. Perhaps they may correct the error at that time.
Thank you Wilson. Nothing in my CAIPS that mentions ISSUE MED.Yes I did send my docs On June 22, 2009 and my CAIPS mentioned they received it on June 23, 2009. PSDEC1 date is the same as my e cas status that says "we started processing your application on July 31, 2009. I googled IMM 1017s and I was brought to old forums in 2006 posting the same problems. And from these forums I learned that the IMM 1017s date request in CAIPS is an internal request so medical evaluation forms are available for use anytime it is needed. It does not mean that medical forms are issued to the applicant.

Definitely there must be an error with my BFD. Surprisingly the BFD which is March 25, 2011 is the exact date of the expiration of my sons passport. It's my son's passport which will expire the soonest. Coincidence? Or the root of the problem?

Yes, as advised by all brethren in this forum, I sent an enquiry this morning through case specific enquiry. I pray and hope that with that e mail they will make correction with my BFD and would send my medical forms soon after that.

Thank you all.

huanhuan19

Feb 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
was in Buffalo, USA, later in NY on Aug11,09
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2008
Doc's Request.
03-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
11-08-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
23-12-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
LANDED..........
??-??-2010
Hey Aspire

Hope you get medical requests soon.

Can I ask you how did you order CAIPS? I ordered via CAIPSNOTES.COM.

It seems it takes so long for you to get CAIPS??Why is that?

Thank you

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
huanhuan19 said:
Hey Aspire

Hope you get medical requests soon.

Can I ask you how did you order CAIPS? I ordered via CAIPSNOTES.COM.

It seems it takes so long for you to get CAIPS??Why is that?

Thank you
Hi huan,

I ordered it through caipsnotes.com too. The delay was I think due to the Christmas Holidays. But even though, without holidays it will still take 35-45 days. But I heard that if ordered inside Canada by a Canadian whom you will give the consent it will just take few days to get your CAIPS. Try this option if possible with you.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi huanhuan,

Sorry for interruption.

As you had medical request already and done the medical, is CAIPS going to help any way?.

huanhuan19

Feb 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
was in Buffalo, USA, later in NY on Aug11,09
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2008
Doc's Request.
03-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
11-08-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
23-12-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
LANDED..........
??-??-2010
Thanks a lot Aspire. I guess I am going to just be patient for another week then.

Hey Wilson, I actually ordered CAIPS before I received Medicals request. And I feel my ppr and CAIPS might arrive same time. Well, I feel it could help me to understand the process though.

Thank you

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Hello Guys,

Just to update you, I got the reply from London. I sent them e mail last Friday, January 29, 2010.

First below are the contents of my rude e mail to them (Obviously pissed off, right?)

Request: I just received my CAIPS file and learned that the Bring Forward Date is set on March 25, 2011. In the AOR letter which I received from your office last July 2009, it was mentioned that the average processing time in your office for cases that falls under the new immigration rules like mine is 12 months. But it seems to me that this will not happen in my case as the "bring forward date" is set 20 months from the date I received the AOR. Please don't misunderstand me of questioning the process, I would fully adhere whatever judgment is passed with my file, but I am thinking that there might be some typographical error with the BFD that was set, as this does not coincide with the contents of the AOR letter that I received from your office. Please clarify. If the BFD is correct, does this mean that I won't be expecting medical request before March 25, 2011? Thank you very much.

And below is their polite reply.

Dear applicant,

Your file has yet to be reviewed by an immigration officer. It will be reviewed and processed once it has come up in our queue. The BF date is not in indication of when medicals will be requested nor when the review will be completed.

We will endeavour to process your file as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Canadian High Commission - SJR

My Comments:

What kind of review they are referring about? My PSDEC is already 1 in my caips. Though my SELDEC is still 0. My e cas said review was already done. Below are the detalis of my CAIPS:

We received your application for permanent residence on February 27, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on March 10, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on March 17, 2009. The London England office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on July 31, 2009.

NOTES:

We all thought that BFD is the date that the file is scheduled to be opened, thus an update can be expected after that, but in their e mail, it sounds not the way we thought it is. My consultant told me about this before I received the reply. With the experience of their other client, updates happened even long before the BFD.

Guys, anyone wants to make a comment?? Please...

S

sunny1980

dear aspire, i was expecting this kind of response..i told u many many times that we can't make them realise their mistakes...they will never say they are sorry coz they made mistake instead they will try to justify by other reasons...but u didn't listen to me...everybody in his job tries to save his ass first.
may be they would have corrected that mistake even but they won't admit this to u...anyhow, our concern is ur process in time...i think u must wait for 2months and order for caips again...SELDEC is very important..i know they have taken too much time for ur case but no need to loose hope..once selection creteria is met u r through..u dont have to wait for 2011. contact them exactly for a status update after 2months and lets see whats their response then.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
sunny1980 said:
dear aspire, i was expecting this kind of response..i told u many many times that we can't make them realise their mistakes...they will never say they are sorry coz they made mistake instead they will try to justify by other reasons...but u didn't listen to me...everybody in his job tries to save his ass first.
may be they would have corrected that mistake even but they won't admit this to u...anyhow, our concern is ur process in time...i think u must wait for 2months and order for caips again...SELDEC is very important..i know they have taken too much time for ur case but no need to loose hope..once selection creteria is met u r through..u dont have to wait for 2011. contact them exactly for a status update after 2months and lets see whats their response then.
Thanks Sunny for the reply. Even if there was no admission from their side that indeed they made mistake with my BFD, ( if really there was a mistake), I think I caught their attention regarding my BFD. With my e mail, they might have done some corrections with it. The last line of their e mail which says "We will endeavour to process your file as quickly as possible", gives me a lot of hope though. The first time London CHC gave such a promise, which in my monitoring they don't usually do. My intuition tells me that they realised they missed something with my file and did some corrections with it after receiving my e mail.

By the end of March, I will again order CAIPS. It is the 8th month from the AOR. Especially if and when medicals still are not received by that time. I will send again another e mail by then, as this is their instruction in the AOR letter to contact them if in 8 months from AOR there are no updates/ letter received from their office.

Did you receive your medical foms now? Please read some threads at trackit, some people did medicals even before CIC asked for it and were able to pull it through. But I am not so sure about its authenticity, Guidelines never mentioned such an option.

S

sunny1980

thanks buddy, Actally last week i got an email from CHC that there are no photos in my file....this is crazy, in mid of dec they confirmed that my medicals have been sent which were not received at my end...in mid of january they confirmed that they will resend my medicals and now when i was expecting medicals they asked for photos...why they don't know this previiously.,..every step needs 3-4 months..may be i will get ppr next year and visa in 2012. (it has been 6months from the date when actually they send the medicals)
I don''t think its a gud idea to do medicals before request and even doctor will not agree..moreover dates will be a problem.

lifeincanada

Star Member
Dec 18, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aspire said:
I was the one who ordered CAIPS.

I have something in mind to indirectly remind CIC of the BFD error. What if I will send them the RPRF now? Is it OK? Please advise.
You should not be sending anything unless they asked you to do so. This is my feeling. You should only respond to the request that they have made.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
lifeincanada said:
You should not be sending anything unless they asked you to do so. This is my feeling. You should only respond to the request that they have made.
lifeincanada,

Thank you for your comment. Actually, I have read somewhere in the guideline that says RPRF can be paid anytime during the process. RPRF according to the guideline is refundable if in case application is rejected. Unlike the other requirements like the passport, they specifically emphasized not to send it unless they are asked. In the other forum as well, some applicants subjected themselves to medical test even before CIC asked for it. The guy who posted that he did that updated thread members that CIC accepted it. Though there are lots of disadvantages of doing so, one is the waste of money if in case after the background check the IO decides to reject the application, second is the validity of the medical is only one year, and probability that meds will expire before the visa is issued is high. Again it will just be a waste of time and money because you have to do it again. Anyways, I think I have to follow your advise, I think I was able to catch their attention regarding my BFD with the e mail that I sent them which I posted earlier. Thanks.

CanadianLove

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
AOR Received.
July 2007
Aspire,

Well I have been reading this post, and just this morning I received my Caips, it looks exactly like your,
i.e. PSDEC=1, SELDEC = 0

IMM1107s: requested + date

The Question however I have is,

Although they gave me 71 points, but the breakup only for age i.e. 10 pts.
all the other like education, experiance....are 0, so, do I get 71 points??

Im posting this, cuz I saw your assessment was also in similar fashion, any insight buddy?

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
CanadianLove said:
Aspire,

Well I have been reading this post, and just this morning I received my Caips, it looks exactly like your,
i.e. PSDEC=1, SELDEC = 0

IMM1107s: requested + date

The Question however I have is,

Although they gave me 71 points, but the breakup only for age i.e. 10 pts.
all the other like education, experiance....are 0, so, do I get 71 points??

Im posting this, cuz I saw your assessment was also in similar fashion, any insight buddy?
The same as mine. The break up is only for the age which is 10. The rest is zero, but the total below is 67. And to give you an update, just last week I received a request from CHC London to submit photocopy of spouse's bachelors degree certificate and transcript of records. Damn! these documents were already sent to them 11 months ago. Anyhow I complied to their request.

It seems to me that background checks should be completed first before you will see the complete breakdown of your scores. And once it is done, medical forms will then be issued.

I ordered my second CAIPS last June 2, 2009. I will give you an update of the changes in my CAIPS once I receive it, hopefully in the first week of July.

CanadianLove

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
AOR Received.
July 2007
Thnks Aspire, I too will order caips in july, as by bfd date was in last april
i think i might get an idea as to wht happnd with my file on the bdf date.
...and yes, plz do share ur caips,