+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pune University document verification process for WES 2018(latest)

SUKAN_26

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Hi,
Thanks for the information guys.

WES has changed its process from 1st of December. They will accept documents sent by the university only.

Has anyone applied for Transcripts after 1st December. If so, then what is the process(Fee or Form) for telling the university to send the transcripts directly to WES.

Any help will be appreciated.
As far as i know the procedure has been the same always, The university has to send the documents.
But generally Indian universities don't do so we have to send it without opening the sealed envelope provided by the university.

Canada_Pr4u

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi,
This is very informative thread.
My status is on hold since 21st Dec for my MBA docs to be verified by Pune University. I have seen in some threads that people visiting Pune University campus and get the job done. However it's not possible for me since I am in another state which is far away
I just wanted to know that whether PUNE UNIVERSITY automatically replies to Wes Verification mails or not. And if it does how much time it takes to complete the process.

SUKAN_26

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Hi,
This is very informative thread.
My status is on hold since 21st Dec for my MBA docs to be verified by Pune University. I have seen in some threads that people visiting Pune University campus and get the job done. However it's not possible for me since I am in another state which is far away
I just wanted to know that whether PUNE UNIVERSITY automatically replies to Wes Verification mails or not. And if it does how much time it takes to complete the process.
As per my knowledge Pune University does not handle emails from WES we have to do it from our end

prateekg92

Dec 3, 2018
Hi everybody,

Just an update: Today, I submitted the transcript application to the Pune University office, and they clearly said that they wouldn't courier the transcripts to WES, but to my permanent address, and that it would take about 2 months for me to receive the transcripts. So now let's see how it goes.

sijimon

Nov 14, 2018
Sharing information for document verification done at Pune University required for WES process.

1) You need to create online account for document verification at Pune university site.
at http://www.unipune.ac.in/university_files/sfc_bcud.htm – select the last option in this page.(i.e
Attested Photocopies in Sealed Envelopes )-- create account and then login.

At the bottom of the page there are two links for verification. We need to apply for Degree and statement of marks verifications.
2) filling all information, you will get certificate verification application form --get print out of it. Another thing you will get is bank slip. In pune university Maharashtra Bank branch is present, you can pay here it shelf.
3) Apply online for WES application at https://www.wes.org/ and submit application. You need not pay fees immediately for WES application.Filling and submitting WES application to generate WES reference number which is needed at Pune University for document sealing purpose.
4) Fill in Academic Records Request Form for Canada at https://applications.wes.org/OnlineApp/pdf/ca/International_Transcript_Request.pd
5) Finally list of document to carry when visiting Pune University are-
  • 1) Xerox of Degree Certificate
  • 2. Xerox of All Marksheets/Statement of marks
  • 3. Printout of online application submitted for Degree Verification
  • 4. Challan paid for Degree Verification
  • 5. Printout of online application submitted for Marksheets Verification
  • 4. Challan paid for Marksheets Verification
  • 5. One A4 size envelope (a good quality one, laminated from inside would be good)
  • 6. WES Academic Records Request Form
7) After submitting , you need to collect sealed and stamped envelope from Pune University. Do not open this envelope and fedx it Canada address.
Hope it will help...

Thank you for the above information, its really very helpful. I have one more query, After submitting the above listed docs can we collect the sealed envelop on the same day from Pune University ?

prateekg92

Dec 3, 2018
Thank you for the above information, its really very helpful. I have one more query, After submitting the above listed docs can we collect the sealed envelop on the same day from Pune University ?
No, University usually takes 60 days from the date of document submission to post the transcript, but people have received it within 1 month as well.

luv7979

Aug 3, 2013
Need suggestion i received rejection of transcript document as Pune University didn’t submitted document directly. Any lead how we can overcome this obstacle . Because I called Wes they won’t change their policies . University should submit the transcript directly to WES and Pune University is saying we don’t have authority to send overseas.
Please help me if anyone knows the solution

Sep 20, 2018
Hi,
I have marksheet and the small certificate of passing but not the convocation certificate. Do I need to have that too or will just these two documents will be sufficient for the verification process?
Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Are you able to sort this out with Pune university. I have to do my WES for bachelors and Masters and can't get in touch with them.

nikita2095

Feb 5, 2019
Hey! I have a doubt. I know University of Pune won't send the transcripts to WES Canada but I have a question the transcripts that you receive by courier from Pune University do they directly send the sealed envelope and write the correspondence address on the front of the sealed envelope in which the transcripts are there or they send the sealed transcripts in another envelope on which they write your correspondence address.

pag

Feb 7, 2019
Thank you for the detailed procedure.

I do have a query though: After logging into the UniPune's BCUD portal, while filling up the form for "Verification of Marksheet & Passing Certificate", do we have to add each year's marksheet details or only final year's marksheet details are required? Anything required for verification of passing certificate?

Also, on the same page, there is a link for online application of Transcript. Do we have to fill that up as well?

Thanks again for the guidance. Much appreciated!
Any updates on this?

Savionam

Jun 12, 2018
Dubai
Hey! I have a doubt. I know University of Pune won't send the transcripts to WES Canada but I have a question the transcripts that you receive by courier from Pune University do they directly send the sealed envelope and write the correspondence address on the front of the sealed envelope in which the transcripts are there or they send the sealed transcripts in another envelope on which they write your correspondence address.
I received my transcript directly in the sealed envelope.

zee2.1

Feb 20, 2019
Hi guys

I am coming from overseas to Pune this weekend. I am going to the university on monday the 24th of February.
What I wanted to know is

1. When completing the "Attestation of certificates" from pune university online, do I need to request no of copies to be attested 1 or 2?
2. Do I need all 3 years of my bachelors marksheets or the final year Statement of Marks suffice?
3. I never received the convocation or degree, however, what I do have is distinct 'small' square shaped certificate back in 2005 when I completed Bachelors. I believe this is the Provisional certificate. Will this suffice?
4. From what I have read from someone's experience here, we do not get the attested copies / sealed envelope same day? is this correct?
5. As per new application from 1st of Dec 2018, University needs to post this sealed envelope directly to WES anyways. Should I enter WES's postal address then in the my pune university online account for this to happen? Or would I be asked this at the time of putting documents of attestation??

I apologise for this list of questions, as I am on a strict schedule and only have 3 days in Pune, I need to make most of it. I would highly appreciate , any assistance or if someone pointed me into the right direction.

Thank you guys

maple27

Feb 28, 2019
Hi guys

I am coming from overseas to Pune this weekend. I am going to the university on monday the 24th of February.
What I wanted to know is

1. When completing the "Attestation of certificates" from pune university online, do I need to request no of copies to be attested 1 or 2?
2. Do I need all 3 years of my bachelors marksheets or the final year Statement of Marks suffice?
3. I never received the convocation or degree, however, what I do have is distinct 'small' square shaped certificate back in 2005 when I completed Bachelors. I believe this is the Provisional certificate. Will this suffice?
4. From what I have read from someone's experience here, we do not get the attested copies / sealed envelope same day? is this correct?
5. As per new application from 1st of Dec 2018, University needs to post this sealed envelope directly to WES anyways. Should I enter WES's postal address then in the my pune university online account for this to happen? Or would I be asked this at the time of putting documents of attestation??

I apologise for this list of questions, as I am on a strict schedule and only have 3 days in Pune, I need to make most of it. I would highly appreciate , any assistance or if someone pointed me into the right direction.

Thank you guys
Hi,

Replies are based on my experience (one month ago) . Your experience may vary.

1) Yes
2) You need to only get your passing certificate attested. No need to get marksheets attested. That's the whole idea behind transcripts. Transcripts will be issued by the transcript section only after you've submitted and paid online. (they are really slow to issue transcripts and usually make you wait for 60 days) You're better off telling them you've come from abroad and have a very tight schedule.
3) Yes, that's the passing certificate. Get it attested at the Student Facilitation center along with the form that WES provides
4) I got my passing cert & WES form attested on the same day. For this, I submitted (& paid) the online form in the morning and collected the same by EOD.
But for my transcripts I had to wait 55 days.
So I only went down to the university after 55 days and collected everything on that day.
5) refer #2, 3 & 4. Again, Student facilitation center issues attested copies of WES form & passing cert. in a sealed envelope. Transcript session gives you the transcripts in a separate cover. Mail them separately with the WES Ref no. Also, send them from the university Post Office.

Hope this helps.
All the best!