+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

Ashvhy

Jun 27, 2020
Sputum/xray info

Hello, I am new here so I hope you are still active in replying to any concerns .. I had ptb history in 2013 and had been on medication for 6 months so I have a scar. I completed my initial medical at st. lukes in june 2020 for sputum and xray.

Sept 2020 - IRCC requesting for aadditional Xray

My question is
if my cuture sputum was all negative and my first x-ray and the second x ray are the same and not spreading including the size and location.

What does that mean? What is the next step?

Thank you and I hope you can assist me regarding my concerns..

God bless and always keep safe!

Ash

Ashvhy

Jun 27, 2020
Hello
Sputum/xray info

Hello, I am new here so I hope you are still active in replying to any concerns .. I had ptb history in 2013 and had been on medication for 6 months so I have a scar. I completed my initial medical at st. lukes in june 2020 for sputum and xray.

My question is
if my cuture sputum was all negative and my first x-ray and the second x ray are the same and not spreading including the size and location.

Artk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hello
Sputum/xray info

My question is

Hello!

As for me, I didn't have the tb history, nor the scars, but pp didn't like something on my X-ray, so I had to go through sputum analysis and second X-ray. I passed the second x-ray today only, it was OK for pp, so he just told me that and gave the pdf for EE. And that's that.

Ashvhy

Jun 27, 2020
Hello!

As for me, I didn't have the tb history, nor the scars, but pp didn't like something on my X-ray, so I had to go through sputum analysis and second X-ray. I passed the second x-ray today only, it was OK for pp, so he just told me that and gave the pdf for EE. And that's that.

Hello .. Thank you for your reply so that means it was a good result? and they can forward now the application for visa approval? Thanks again and Godbless

Artk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Dear friends, I will now follow up my own story previously posted here, and share some results and comments, as I finally have some.

On Jan 27 2020 We went trough medicals, but my pp said that he notices some kind of "spots" on my x-ray. I have never had any tb, pneumonia or any other lung problems whatsoever, neither my family. My old 1 year ago x-ray was totally OK. But there was nothing I could do, I had to go through additional analysis and pay for them if I wanted to pursue my Canada dream.

On March 26 (in 8 weeks, as usual in these sputum cases) my pp confirmed that analysis is clear and I have no tb. Second x-ray was scheduled for April 28, but guess what... quarantine happened. Everything closed down, and I had to wait without any information or dates on when can I retake the x-ray.

After months of waiting my pp contacted me and I finally did the x-ray today, on July 15. The results are OK, so now they just have to be uploaded to my profile. And my almost 6 months long medical journey should soon be over.

To everyone who found themselves in this topic — be courageous and have faith. Everything will be alright, don't give up. Back in January, when I was shocked by pp with this tb suspects, this topic really helped me. Reading these stories helps you feel that you are not alone in this. So I share mine as well, to cheer up someone who reading this now.

Best of luck!

Artk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hello .. Thank you for your reply so that means it was a good result? and they can forward now the application for visa approval? Thanks again and Godbless
Yes sure, if you have a good x-ray, they will inform you right away and upload the results in your profile. Eventually your medical will change to passed in the profile, as usual. The only additional thing I know, they usually require persons who had tb history to go through medical supervision in Canada, which includes retaking the x-ray every 6 month for couple of years. I am not totally sure about the exact time frames of this, but the idea is that Canada wants to take care of your tb and be sure to give you treatment as soon as possible if needed.

I do believe that your x-ray will be very good in September!

Reactions: Ashvhy

Ashvhy

Jun 27, 2020
Yes sure, if you have a good x-ray, they will inform you right away and upload the results in your profile. Eventually your medical will change to passed in the profile, as usual. The only additional thing I know, they usually require persons who had tb history to go through medical supervision in Canada, which includes retaking the x-ray every 6 month for couple of years. I am not totally sure about the exact time frames of this, but the idea is that Canada wants to take care of your tb and be sure to give you treatment as soon as possible if needed.

I do believe that your x-ray will be very good in September!
Hello Artk

Thank you so much for your nice and positive advice. Thanks for sharing your story I enjoy reading it, it makes me feel better. Thanks for the encouragement, it has been a great help to me. I will also update you once all my medical is done.
Congratulations! and God bless to your new journey. Always keep safe :)

Reactions: Artk

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Hello!

Hi guessing from the post and the flags in the profile, I can assume we're all from the same country :) ? Anyway I just had my medical today and SLEC is asking me to provide sputum samples next week, I want to know though is how does that impact the ITA schedule? I got my ITA last August 5, and the last day of submission would be November 4, if I get my sputum collected next week then add 2 months for culture, then the result would probably miss the November 4. Or would I be ok as long as I submit the e-medical now and the sputum results to follow? Also can you get a copy of the results that SLEC sent to IRCC? Thanks!

Artk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi guessing from the post and the flags in the profile, I can assume we're all from the same country :) ? Anyway I just had my medical today and SLEC is asking me to provide sputum samples next week, I want to know though is how does that impact the ITA schedule? I got my ITA last August 5, and the last day of submission would be November 4, if I get my sputum collected next week then add 2 months for culture, then the result would probably miss the November 4. Or would I be ok as long as I submit the e-medical now and the sputum results to follow? Also can you get a copy of the results that SLEC sent to IRCC? Thanks!
Hey! Not sure about the country, I'm from Kazakhstan, and you?

I see you got the ITA but didn't submit your docs yet, so you are doing your medicals upfront, am I right?
I advise not to wait until your sputum collection is ready and submit your e-medical as soon as possible with the rest of the documents and not to worry. The officer will see that you are pending the results and the second x-ray. They may start processing your file while you are waiting for the results. When your results are ready, your profile will be updated by your PP.

My pp refused to share with me a copy of the results sent for ircc, even though I'm desperately curious about them, haha. But well...
You still may ask, maybe they will be more cooperative in your case, who knows.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Hey! Not sure about the country, I'm from Kazakhstan, and you?

I see you got the ITA but didn't submit your docs yet, so you are doing your medicals upfront, am I right?
I advise not to wait until your sputum collection is ready and submit your e-medical as soon as possible with the rest of the documents and not to worry. The officer will see that you are pending the results and the second x-ray. They may start processing your file while you are waiting for the results. When your results are ready, your profile will be updated by your PP.

My pp refused to share with me a copy of the results sent for ircc, even though I'm desperately curious about them, haha. But well...
You still may ask, maybe they will be more cooperative in your case, who knows.
I'm from the Philippines, maybe I thought you were from here too because your lockdown is about the same time we had our lockdown. Yes I just did my medicals upfront, anyway I'll take your word for it, I'll upload the e-medical as soon as I get the other requirements too.

Reactions: Artk

Artk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'm from the Philippines, maybe I thought you were from here too because your lockdown is about the same time we had our lockdown. Yes I just did my medicals upfront, anyway I'll take your word for it, I'll upload the e-medical as soon as I get the other requirements too.
Ah, I see.
Don't you worry, it all will be fine. Everyone I know (including myself) with the same scenario uploaded docs the same way. By the time I got my medicals cleared in EE, I already had Eligibility and background checks cleared, so they have started working on the file, even though didn't get my full med at once.

Keep us posted on your progress and good luck!

Reactions: Windsor37

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Ah, I see.
Don't you worry, it all will be fine. Everyone I know (including myself) with the same scenario uploaded docs the same way. By the time I got my medicals cleared in EE, I already had Eligibility and background checks cleared, so they have started working on the file, even though didn't get my full med at once.

Keep us posted on your progress and good luck!
Oh good for you, for me I'm still collecting the other documents, I just got my ITA last August 5, and the travel and business restrictions were just lifted last week in my area. Hopefully I can get all of them done and ready by mid-September.

Jul 6, 2020
Looking for guidance. Inland applicant applying for CEC. ITA received Sep 2. Medical done on Sep 9th. PP asked for a second X-Ray next day; Today, they called saying that they have observed some abnormalities in the X-Ray for my wife. Anyone had a similar experience?

Ashvhy

Jun 27, 2020
Hello everyone .. This is my updated timeframe for my application.

June 2 - x-ray done
June 4-5 - sputum done (negative)
July 31 - cultured sputum result done (negative)
Sept 3 - 2nd x-ray done (stable)

Thank God and thank you Mr. Artk for the positive encouragement

Now I am waiting for the CIC update. Any idea how long the visa will be issued?

Ashvhy

Jun 27, 2020
Looking for guidance. Inland applicant applying for CEC. ITA received Sep 2. Medical done on Sep 9th. PP asked for a second X-Ray next day; Today, they called saying that they have observed some abnormalities in the X-Ray for my wife. Anyone had a similar experience?
Hello good day! May I ask if your wife has a history regarding lung problem before like PTB? If not, according to them about medical .. They are very strict when it comes to lungs so if they saw abnormalities in her lungs, maybe your wife will be asking to take free medication for 6 months.