+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

Silent_Water

Jun 3, 2016
Hi guys, am new to this forum. Got my MR few days back. I'm working in Kuwait but my VO is Manila. Had PTB 1998 (18yrs ago). Was diagnosed thru CXR only, no sputum c/s or smear. 6mos treatment with antiTB drug done and cured. Has anybody here did their Medicals in middle-east particularly in Kuwait got any problem after telling their panel physicians about this health history? What procedures am i going to expect after this? Are they going to consider sputum collection for c/s once you tell you have had PTB before so that there's no need to wait for another 3mos waiting for furtherance? Do i have to do my Medical in Philippines better? Thanks in advance for any feedback and advise.

engr_40905

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 July 2014
Doc's Request.
15 December 2015 (LOA)
AOR Received.
23 March 2016
Med's Request
19 April 2016
Med's Done....
27 April 2016 (underwent sputum test)
Passport Req..
19 July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
03 August 2016
LANDED..........
13 September 2016
Hi Silent_Water,
You still have to undergo medical, its standard/ requirement from the embassy. If your xray shows an "abnormalities" or having a "scar" in the lungs, they will advice you to undergo sputum test and sputum culture. If you have a previous xray, you can bring it and show this to st.lukes clinic. This will be their reference. They will compare it from current xray to previous xray. If there's a significant or no significant changes, still they will advice you to have sputum test and sputum culture.

Thanks,

clau2493

Jun 6, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Sydney
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2020
AOR Received.
October 18, 2020
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Good day to all.

I had my tb medication done last may 11.
Can I ask anyone if how long does iom do the
medical report before they pass it to embassy?
Its been a month and I always tell them when can they submit it
but they did not give me any date.
Thanks to anyone who can answer.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
clau2493 said:
Good day to all.

I had my tb medication done last may 11.
Can I ask anyone if how long does iom do the
medical report before they pass it to embassy?
Its been a month and I always tell them when can they submit it
but they did not give me any date.
Thanks to anyone who can answer.
any update on applicants medical file needs to be forwarded to CHC asap by the clinic. You make a query to your clinics via emails and ask them what is the delay.

clau2493

Jun 6, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Sydney
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2020
AOR Received.
October 18, 2020
File Transfer...
Ottawa
They told me that it is under evaluation. I ask them everyday but its the only answer I got.
What should I do? Thaks.

anirsomar

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
kimmyCRN said:
Hi everyone. I completed my DOT last April 2016. Passport was requested last May 18, 2016 and now I am waiting.

My initial medical exam was July 27, 2015. Sputum was positive and started treatment last October 2015.

Now my question, Is it possible that the expiration date of my visa would before my initial medical? July 27, 2016?

If that’s the case should I book my flight now?
You see, I want to have my visa on my hand before taking any step 

Thank you 

Hello! May i know where did you do your medical?

Thank you for your reply ..

aldousclark

Mar 16, 2016
Hi everyone,

I called St. Lukes and they said that they wouldn't do a re-xray since there is no significant changes on my old and new xray films. Does this mean that I can have my vaccines on June 23? My sputum culture result will be on June 23.

engr_40905

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 July 2014
Doc's Request.
15 December 2015 (LOA)
AOR Received.
23 March 2016
Med's Request
19 April 2016
Med's Done....
27 April 2016 (underwent sputum test)
Passport Req..
19 July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
03 August 2016
LANDED..........
13 September 2016
aldousclark said:
Hi everyone,

I called St. Lukes and they said that they wouldn't do a re-xray since there is no significant changes on my old and new xray films. Does this mean that I can have my vaccines on June 23? My sputum culture result will be on June 23.
Hi Aldousclark,
During my medical, the nurse told me that once my medical results has been completed/OK with st.lukes and no further instructions that's the time I can have my vaccine.

Thanks,

gennybuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Request
11-02-2016
Med's Done....
17-02-2016
Interview........
dec.23 2016
Hi forum,

How many weeks do we need to wait to have the result of sputum test and culture? TIA.

anirsomar

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
kimmyCRN said:
Hi everyone. I completed my DOT last April 2016. Passport was requested last May 18, 2016 and now I am waiting.

My initial medical exam was July 27, 2015. Sputum was positive and started treatment last October 2015.

Now my question, Is it possible that the expiration date of my visa would before my initial medical? July 27, 2016?

If that’s the case should I book my flight now?
You see, I want to have my visa on my hand before taking any step 

Thank you 
Hello!

May I ask where did you take your medical??

Thank you

kimmyCRN

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Hi anisomar.
I had my medicals done here in St lukes Philippines.
PPR on May 18,
Decision made --well, just now :) June 10, 2016.

I just talked to my friend who had her DOT completed last April. She's in Alberta now. they went there first week of June. and her initial medical was May 2015. So i guess, ill be given enough time for driving lesson :)

Thank you God.

anirsomar

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
kimmyCRN said:
Hi anisomar.
I had my medicals done here in St lukes Philippines.
PPR on May 18,
Decision made --well, just now :) June 10, 2016.

I just talked to my friend who had her DOT completed last April. She's in Alberta now. they went there first week of June. and her initial medical was May 2015. So i guess, ill be given enough time for driving lesson :)

Thank you God.
Thank you for the reply..

I'm just following cases like yours.
Were waiting for my sister application. She had medical at IOM last Jan.2016 and started medication last April.She will go for sputum test on June 14-16 and re-xray too. But her treatment will be until October of this year. Were hoping that In God's time (hopely Christmas ) we will be together here in Peg!!
Thanks.

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
Hello Guys,

Just seen this thread and found it so helpful, I have done my upfront medicals in Canada on 26th APRIL, O got letter for sputum test on 13th May, I performed that too, but the Lab Tech told me that it will take only 1 week to get results, then after 2 weeks of my addition test submission I have been asked for an additional X-ray, I don't know why they have asked me to perform my medicals right away. How much time they are taking in Canada for this tests to be done? I am here since last 4 years, Never had any issues. Anyone have any similar timeline who can describe me that how much time it will take?

niche0910

Nov 1, 2015
niche0910 said:
Hi,

My experience with getting medicals cleared : (i hope it helps)
I am November AOR,2015. I received intimation very late about further medical test. Iv never had TB but had a scar on the lung so had to get a sputum stain and culture test done in February. The test results took over 2 months to come. The test result was negative. Went for re xray and pulmonologist opinion, thinking it would be a breeze now onwards. The pulmonologist however had a negative take on things and asked me to get another 5-6 tests done. He also sent an unclear diagnosis report to CIC via emedical. I had no choice but to go ahead and get the tests done on priority. All the test results were clear, I went back to the pulmonologist but he asked me to get a CT scan also done. Again left with no choice, I got that also done. After all these tests being 100% clear, the pulmonologist finally gave a letter to me saying prognosis is good. Now this letter could not be sent via emedical as the negative report had already been uploaded just a week back and my case portal was closed. Then the hospital mailed this letter to the local VO. I was worried that CIC may only consider what was on emedical and not even look at the letter. I raised a CSE stating that final medical report has been sent via email and I want to know if that has been attached to my file or not. Much to my relief, I got a reply that all details have been sent to relevant office dealing with medicals and they will contact me for further info if reqd.
After 10 days my medical got PASSED.

Absolutely relieved and grateful. Cannot explain the mental stress and number of trips and wait time at the hospital, not to forget the pain (and expense) of getting innumerable tests done. Only thing I can advise, pls go by what panel physician is saying and as long as one's health is fine, its ok to get the tests done to get a clean chit (even if it feels like blackmail at certain points). and if there is any issue with health, better to get that sorted and the other dreams will eventually fall into place!!
Hi all, I received ready for visa mail on 6th of June. 28 days after medical got cleared.