+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

Canada0060

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 november, 2014
Doc's Request.
22 october, 2014
AOR Received.
28 march, 2015
File Transfer...
February
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Hope not
grandtoy25 said:
They did both smear and 2 month culture (both were negative).
Firstly if the reports are negative then why have they asked for xray again..did you submit pulmonolgist report with re xray before or didnot? i dont think there is any need to have medicines if the reports itself say negative. rest consult the doctor what he says. also tell me is your spousal case?

grandtoy25

Mar 14, 2016
Yes, I think pulmo is not closing the case and I think CIC might be looking for 6-month stability and that's why asking for repeat x-rays! ( I am guessing)

Yes it is spousal case. I am worried if they will keep stalling it like this and think its better to take medicines to avoid all this loop of repeat x-rays.

canadalhr

Star Member
May 30, 2016
IMGNSPNP said:
Sputum smear and sputum culture tests are two different diagnostic tests for PTB. Are you sure you are referring to JUST sputum smear?
IOM just did the sputum smear. I have no idea why just this. The physician doc said that x ray shade was minimum and just required sputum ssmea to confirm I'm okay.

niche0910

Nov 1, 2015
Hi,

My experience with getting medicals cleared : (i hope it helps)
I am November AOR,2015. I received intimation very late about further medical test. Iv never had TB but had a scar on the lung so had to get a sputum stain and culture test done in February. The test results took over 2 months to come. The test result was negative. Went for re xray and pulmonologist opinion, thinking it would be a breeze now onwards. The pulmonologist however had a negative take on things and asked me to get another 5-6 tests done. He also sent an unclear diagnosis report to CIC via emedical. I had no choice but to go ahead and get the tests done on priority. All the test results were clear, I went back to the pulmonologist but he asked me to get a CT scan also done. Again left with no choice, I got that also done. After all these tests being 100% clear, the pulmonologist finally gave a letter to me saying prognosis is good. Now this letter could not be sent via emedical as the negative report had already been uploaded just a week back and my case portal was closed. Then the hospital mailed this letter to the local VO. I was worried that CIC may only consider what was on emedical and not even look at the letter. I raised a CSE stating that final medical report has been sent via email and I want to know if that has been attached to my file or not. Much to my relief, I got a reply that all details have been sent to relevant office dealing with medicals and they will contact me for further info if reqd.
After 10 days my medical got PASSED.

Absolutely relieved and grateful. Cannot explain the mental stress and number of trips and wait time at the hospital, not to forget the pain (and expense) of getting innumerable tests done. Only thing I can advise, pls go by what panel physician is saying and as long as one's health is fine, its ok to get the tests done to get a clean chit (even if it feels like blackmail at certain points). and if there is any issue with health, better to get that sorted and the other dreams will eventually fall into place!!

Canada0060

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 november, 2014
Doc's Request.
22 october, 2014
AOR Received.
28 march, 2015
File Transfer...
February
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Hope not
niche0910 said:
Hi,

I am November AOR,2015. I received intimation very late about further medical test. Iv never had TB but had a scar on the lung so had to get a sputum stain and culture test done in February. The test results took over 2 months to come. The test result was negative. Went for re xray and pulmonologist opinion, thinking it would be a breeze now onwards. The pulmonologist however had a negative take on things and asked me to get another 5-6 tests done. He also sent an unclear diagnosis report to CIC via emedical. I had no choice but to go ahead and get the tests done on priority. All the test results were clear, I went back to the pulmonologist but he asked me to get a CT scan also done. Again left with no choice, I got that also done. After all these tests being 100% clear, the pulmonologist finally gave a letter to me saying prognosis is good. Now this letter could not be sent via emedical as the negative report had already been uploaded just a week back and my case portal was closed. Then the hospital mailed this letter to the local VO. I was worried that CIC may only consider what was on emedical and not even look at the letter. I raised a CSE stating that final medical report has been sent via email and I want to know if that has been attached to my file or not. Much to my relief, I got a reply that all details have been sent to relevant office dealing with medicals and they will contact me for further info if reqd.

Absolutely relieved and grateful. Cannot explain the mental stress and number of trips and wait time at the hospital, not to forget the pain (and expense) of getting innumerable tests done. Only thing I can advise, pls go by what panel physician is saying and as long as one's health is fine, its ok to get the tests done to get a clean chit (even if it feels like blackmail at certain points). and if there is any issue with health, better to get that sorted and the other dreams will eventually fall into place!!
have you got ppr or still waiting? how long ppr takes after medicals passed?

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
niche0910 said:
Been 23 days since medicals passed and background check went into progress.. no PR yet
Congratulations.

May I know when was your BG changed to in progress?

I underwent furtherance and my medical status changed to passed on May 06th, 2016, but no change on BG status so far.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
canadalhr said:
IOM just did the sputum smear. I have no idea why just this. The physician doc said that x ray shade was minimum and just required sputum ssmea to confirm I'm okay.
Nothing to worry about this. panel physician can relay on either of the tests(smear & culture)

kimmyCRN

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Hi everyone. I completed my DOT last April 2016. Passport was requested last May 18, 2016 and now I am waiting.

My initial medical exam was July 27, 2015. Sputum was positive and started treatment last October 2015.

Now my question, Is it possible that the expiration date of my visa would before my initial medical? July 27, 2016?

If that’s the case should I book my flight now?
You see, I want to have my visa on my hand before taking any step 

Thank you 

niche0910

Nov 1, 2015
IMGNSPNP said:
Congratulations.

May I know when was your BG changed to in progress?

I underwent furtherance and my medical status changed to passed on May 06th, 2016, but no change on BG status so far.
Thank you.. my BG check went into progress simultaneously as medical showed passed.

engr_40905

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 July 2014
Doc's Request.
15 December 2015 (LOA)
AOR Received.
23 March 2016
Med's Request
19 April 2016
Med's Done....
27 April 2016 (underwent sputum test)
Passport Req..
19 July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
03 August 2016
LANDED..........
13 September 2016
niche0910 said:
Hi,

Hi,
Nice to hear your experience. I'm still waiting for my sputum culture results. Are you in the Philippines?

Thanks,

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
kimmyCRN said:
Hi everyone. I completed my DOT last April 2016. Passport was requested last May 18, 2016 and now I am waiting.

My initial medical exam was July 27, 2015. Sputum was positive and started treatment last October 2015.

Now my question, Is it possible that the expiration date of my visa would before my initial medical? July 27, 2016?

If that’s the case should I book my flight now?
You see, I want to have my visa on my hand before taking any step 

Thank you 
Your Medicals are valid for 12 months from the day they declared passed. You can land anytime within this 12 months

kimmyCRN

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Thank you very much for the nfo IMGNSPNP :)

With regards to completing 6mos treatment, should I be monitored in Canada such as reporting to their healthcare? Repeat xray? Should it be done within 1st month of arrival?

Will they check my Vaccine record and DOT record?

Thank you ..again :)

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
kimmyCRN said:
Thank you very much for the nfo IMGNSPNP :)

With regards to completing 6mos treatment, should I be monitored in Canada such as reporting to their healthcare? Repeat xray? Should it be done within 1st month of arrival?

Will they check my Vaccine record and DOT record?

Thank you ..again :)
Your COPR may indicate medical surveillance. If so you need to communicate with the provincial or territorial public health authority which has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. At the same time, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) notifies the public health authorities and obtains notice of compliance when a client starts medical surveillance. You will be guided all this by the immigration officer once you land in Canada and in addition you will be provided with a hand book containing all the information.

Yes carry all the documentation you have compiled so far during diagnosis and treatment and present to the doctor who take up your case during surveillance.

P.s medical surveillance will be carried out for 6 weeks and any tests involved during this period is completely doctors discretion.

All the best & congratulations once again.

kimmyCRN

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
IMGNSPNP said:
Your COPR may indicate medical surveillance. If so you need to communicate with the provincial or territorial public health authority which has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. At the same time, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) notifies the public health authorities and obtains notice of compliance when a client starts medical surveillance. You will be guided all this by the immigration officer once you land in Canada and in addition you will be provided with a hand book containing all the information.

Yes carry all the documentation you have compiled so far during diagnosis and treatment and present to the doctor who take up your case during surveillance.

P.s medical surveillance will be carried out for 6 weeks and any tests involved during this period is completely doctors discretion.

All the best & congratulations once again.
Thank you very much for your help! appreciate it! :)