+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
cool ammy said:
hi .... i m also in same situation did u get any ppr or kind of info from vo .?
Nothing at the moment. just my medical status has changed to "Passed".

aldousclark

Mar 16, 2016
Hi everyone,

I called St Lukes to follow up on the comparison of my old and new xrays and they said there were no significant changes on my xray films and i dont need a re-xray but they said that It still depends on the embassy if I need a rexray. Does it mean that I might still have to do a rexray even their system shows that I dont need one. My sputum culture results will be released on June 23.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
cool ammy said:
In how many days ur status shows that u have passed ur medicals??
On 6th day from the day of re-xray

hayqinsb

Jun 13, 2015
I will like to ask the house if there has bn any case of sputum culture being positive and the applicant never felt any symptoms of active TB at the time he was requested for further tests..

Thanks

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
hayqinsb said:
I will like to ask the house if there has bn any case of sputum culture being positive and the applicant never felt any symptoms of active TB at the time he was requested for further tests..

Thanks
Yes there are. Go through this forum from page 50.

It is possible a person can have bacteria without external symptoms which is called as latent PTB.

ahsan99

Sep 5, 2014
Kindly reply:

What happens if a person is diagnosed with TB? will his application be refused or he will be advised for 6 months medication?

sometimes they ask for sputum test. what will be the case if a person do not do sputum?

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
ahsan99 said:
Kindly reply:

What happens if a person is diagnosed with TB? will his application be refused or he will be advised for 6 months medication? - No, the application wont be rejected. Instead the applicant will be referred for 6 months medication.

sometimes they ask for sputum test. what will be the case if a person do not do sputum? - sputum test(furtherance) request will be associated with the deadline. If one do not comply CHC instructions and submit sputum tests within deadline, then the application will be refused

ahsan99

Sep 5, 2014
Thank u for reply.

I meant sir if its impossible for a person to generate sputum then what will be the condition?

kindly re-confirm that is it confirm a person diagnosed with TB at IMO will be given time of 6 months for treatment?

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
ahsan99 said:
Thank u for reply.

I meant sir if its impossible for a person to generate sputum then what will be the condition?

kindly re-confirm that is it confirm a person diagnosed with TB at IMO will be given time of 6 months for treatment?
Sputum will be formed naturally for everyone but it's colours, consistency & quantity depends between healthy and diseased individual. Yes, people do struggle to produce enough quantity of sputum for consecutive 3 days. I myself had a very hard time to produce 150ml (3 x 50ml) for 3 days during my tests.

If TB is diagnosed, yes they do refer for medication. Depending on severity the course duration may be prescribed.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
hayqinsb said:
okay
from my research on TB ,culture tests do not detect latent TB. it only detects active TB.
only IGRA and TST detects latent TB
I have been treated for TB 6years ago.....now i have to go for additional testss.....

just a little scared...the doctor told me not to bother since i have no symptoms now...

i intend to go for an acid fast bacilli tests to know the result before cic finishes with theirs......

Will CIC leave an application pending till all results are available...your file will be held until CIC receives all requested reports

I applied for a study permit and im to resume in SEPtember..

Also if latent TB is dscovered will d person be put on medical surveilllance? or refused ?you may be given medical surveillance

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Good day everyone!

I just want to ask if anyone experienced before that did'nt need to go sputum test / culture because upon initial xray you already informed them that you had PTB history and able to complete the 6months treatment? Thanks

candytk

Jul 22, 2015
Thank you @IMGNSPNP, My sputum test and sputum culture tests came out negative and the hospital still referred me to a pulmonologist for TB Gold quantiferon test and antigen C. enzyme test after a re-xray that turned out to be the same with the first X-ray. Both TB Gold and ACE were negative and i uploaded my result on my cic on the 12th of May as requested.

@Forum members, please how long does it take for medical status to be updated from in process to passed? It's been 13days since i sent the evidence of completed medical and my medical status is still in process.

Thank you as you respond

IMGNSPNP said:
Hi

I think your test results is negative coz they haven't contacted you during that 8-10 weeks period, which they does if they found bacterial growth on the cultures. I myself undergone sputum tests and i did not got call from them within that 8 weeks period, now I am going for re-X-ray on Apr 30th. Keep following up the clinic, but you won't be schedule for a re-X-ray before you deliver your baby.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
candytk said:
Thank you @IMGNSPNP, My sputum test and sputum culture tests came out negative and the hospital still referred me to a pulmonologist for TB Gold quantiferon test and antigen C. enzyme test after a re-xray that turned out to be the same with the first X-ray. Both TB Gold and ACE were negative and i uploaded my result on my cic on the 12th of May as requested.

@Forum members, please how long does it take for medical status to be updated from in process to passed? It's been 13days since i sent the evidence of completed medical and my medical status is still in process.

Thank you as you respond
Congratulations. :)

It usually takes 7 to 10 days to observe change in status to "passed", my status changed to passed on 6th day. In some cases it might get delayed upto 1 month. In your case you may see the status change in next 10 days I assume.

gennybuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Request
11-02-2016
Med's Done....
17-02-2016
Interview........
dec.23 2016
IMGNSPNP said:
On 6th day from the day of re-xray
That was quick. Congratulations. i have a question , were xray result submitted together with the result of sputum test. My husband had his re xray May 18, 2016. I diddnt receive any updates from CIC.