+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013 MPNP, CIC DEC 30, 2013
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 MPNP, CIC Feb 6, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
April 14, 2014/ RPRF Payment May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
mpnp sponsor Oct 30, 2013
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 26, 2014, received September 5, 2014
LANDED..........
November 2014
paguio said:
@ RCG

Yes, exactly, why they asked me to wait for 2 mos. for the culture result, then just rely on my smear result. They haven't forwarded my culture result to the doctor bec. they are the one who told me yest. that the result is on the 9th week, it's not yet on their system bec. this week is only on the 8th week.
maybe you can request to wait for the result of the culture before you see the pulmo. The way im thinking is that you already had 3 months after the initial xray and they repeated it and they want you to see the doctor to let him/her see the result. If i am right then maybe the doctor tell you "if the result of xray was ok", that you still need to wait for the culture for the final verdict. So meaning you may have to see the doctor twice, too bad if there is consultation fee every consult, he he he. In SLEC its different, after the 3 days collection you will already have a specific day for pulmo follow up wherein the doctor will discuss result of your sputum smear, if positive youll have treament under their DOT, if negative then he will tell you to wait for the culture if negative again, repeat xray 3 months after the initial xray or no repeat xray if you submitted an old film. Mind you in that multiple consultation, it is FREE, meaning included in the medical fee, you only have to pay for the test.

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 24, 2014 (date of approved SINP)
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014, Sept. 23, 2014, Jan 26, 2015 ECAS Shows medical recd.; Sept. 10, CIC request Med. re-assessment, Sept. 18, done with med. re-assessment, but then again my eldest need to undergo sputum, repeat x-ray and med. clearance to pulmo on Dec. 18. Finally, medical was submitted to CIC last December 23, 2015.
Interview........
No more interview :) RPRF req. and paid - Feb. 6, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
Already landed... Inland applicant
maybe you can request to wait for the result of the culture before you see the pulmo. The way im thinking is that you already had 3 months after the initial xray and they repeated it and they want you to see the doctor to let him/her see the result. If i am right then maybe the doctor tell you "if the result of xray was ok", that you still need to wait for the culture for the final verdict. So meaning you may have to see the doctor twice, too bad if there is consultation fee every consult, he he he. In SLEC its different, after the 3 days collection you will already have a specific day for pulmo follow up wherein the doctor will discuss result of your sputum smear, if positive youll have treament under their DOT, if negative then he will tell you to wait for the culture if negative again, repeat xray 3 months after the initial xray or no repeat xray if you submitted an old film. Mind you in that multiple consultation, it is FREE, meaning included in the medical fee, you only have to pay for the test.

@ RCG
Nope, this is my initial x-ray, I undergo medical check-up last July 9 and its only 2 mos. after my 1st x-ray. This is the one I need to bring to their referred pulmonologist.

Now, I think I made the wrong choice between SLEC and IOM :( :( :(

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 2014
paguio said:

@ RCG
Nope, this is my initial x-ray, I undergo medical check-up last July 9 and its only 2 mos. after my 1st x-ray. This is the one I need to bring to their referred pulmonologist.

So the big question is " WHY DO YOU NEED TO FOLLOW UP " as early as now if the sputum culture result is not out yet and you only have the xray which is done several weeks ago already and the sputum smear result which is negative. You are only left with the result of the two test to be discussed, so maybe the doctor will just discuss the mentioned test. I cant wait to your update regarding the consultation with the pulmo. Just keep us posted and goodluck.

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ RCG

[/quote]

We made a wrong choice! I heard a whole lot difference from St. Lukes the way they process results... :( :(

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014, Sept. 23, 2014, Jan 26, 2015 ECAS Shows medical recd.; Sept. 10, CIC request Med. re-assessment, Sept. 18, done with med. re-assessment, but then again my eldest need to undergo sputum, repeat x-ray and med. clearance to pulmo on Dec. 18. Finally, medical was submitted to CIC last December 23, 2015.
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
pat1181 said:
@ RCG

We made a wrong choice! I heard a whole lot difference from St. Lukes the way they process results... :( :(

Yes, Indeed!! I hope and pray that despite of this happening, eventually, everything will turn out fine and have our visa to be with our love ones.

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
rcg said:
So the big question is " WHY DO YOU NEED TO FOLLOW UP " as early as now if the sputum culture result is not out yet and you only have the xray which is done several weeks ago already and the sputum smear result which is negative. You are only left with the result of the two test to be discussed, so maybe the doctor will just discuss the mentioned test. I cant wait to your update regarding the consultation with the pulmo. Just keep us posted and goodluck.
Yes I will, thanks. :)

silverdoe

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
02-25-2013
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
hi everyone.

I had my sputum exam last aug 26-28 @ st lukes ermita, and sep 1 they gave me the smear results, its all negative. the pulmo said that i need to undergo treatment even i got a negative or positive smear result. So I did what he said but I chose a private doctor to manage my treatment cause if i choose st. lukes, i need to be in their DOT which requires me to go every morning at their penthouse to take medicines and that also requires me commute everyday from batangas to manila, which for me is stressful and more hassles (money & time consuming). That's the reason Y i chose to be in the hands of a private doctor. the pulmo at st lukes just requires me to submit a med certificate from my private doc that indicates the date start of treatment, brand name and dosage of medicines to take.

so then i went back on sep 3rd and the pulmo at st lukes approved the med certificate from my private doc and then the staff nurse told me that just wait for the instructions of the embassy via email that they will send to know things for the next step. So right now I am just waiting for it and also on my second week of treatment,

Is there anyone here who have the same story as mine?

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 2014
silverdoe said:
hi everyone.

I had my sputum exam last aug 26-28 @ st lukes ermita, and sep 1 they gave me the smear results, its all negative. the pulmo said that i need to undergo treatment even i got a negative or positive smear result. So I did what he said but I chose a private doctor to manage my treatment cause if i choose st. lukes, i need to be in their DOT which requires me to go every morning at their penthouse to take medicines and that also requires me commute everyday from batangas to manila, which for me is stressful and more hassles (money & time consuming). That's the reason Y i chose to be in the hands of a private doctor. the pulmo at st lukes just requires me to submit a med certificate from my private doc that indicates the date start of treatment, brand name and dosage of medicines to take.

so then i went back on sep 3rd and the pulmo at st lukes approved the med certificate from my private doc and then the staff nurse told me that just wait for the instructions of the embassy via email that they will send to know things for the next step. So right now I am just waiting for it and also on my second week of treatment,

Is there anyone here who have the same story as mine?
well good for you, while waiting for the result of the culture which is 2 months, you are already started with the medication to save time, i guessed they base the plan of management based on your xray findings and history taking. Also you are given an option to have it with a private physician at your convinience and not obliged you to follow up again and again with a fee plus buy the medications from them. Not like others i read on this thread. For me it is better that way.

silverdoe

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
02-25-2013
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
@ rcg

yeah,it's more convenient. Before, Canadian embassy did not oblige their applicants to DOT, but recently they issued a memo that starting aug 15, Applicants can put into DOT who will undergo PTB treatment. But i refused because of the reasons that I live far from the hospital, aside from time consuming (commuting) also money-consuming(my fare spent for one day can buy me meds good for 3 days).

But I have no schedule yet given by st. lukes when to repeat my xray during the treatment. But some who are under their supervision have it already. They just instructed me to wait for the email from the embassy to know the next step. But if i did choose st. lukes for my treatment, automatically they will schedule me for the repeat xray. Do you think I have nothing to worry about?

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
Hi!

I texted IOM this morning if the result of my sputum culture is already available and they said yes. They asked me to get the result and see their doctor who handles my case on Wednesday, Sept 17.

I was very thankful that they allowed me to pick-up the result today and talked to their physician. Thank God its all negative!

Tomorrow morning is my scheduled check-up to Dr. Ocampo of Makati Medical, their accredited pulmonologist. I hope and pray that everything will be ok, no medication needed and medical clearance will be issued. I have no against with taking the medication, but if I am not infected, why should I? I heard cases here that though negative, they were advise to take medication. :(

It is much better to be under surveillance in Canada than taking medicine if you are not infected, right?

I will keep you updated on my case.

Let us just continue believing, that in God, nothing is impossible. In His time, we will all surpassed with our medical. :)

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
Hi everybody!

Just got home from the clinic of Dr. Ocampo, accredited pulmonologist of IOM from Makati Medical. I was relieved when he told me that my x-ray result was stable and no need for medication. Thank God!

Dr. Ocampo told me that a medical clearance from our own pulmonologist and old x-ray is very important to have a good medical assessment. It's good thing that I bring my yearly x-ray starting year 2001 up to present and the medical clearance from my pulmonologist.

They told me that they will forward their report to IOM on Friday, but still the embassy will have the final decision on my medical status. Hoping that everything will turn out fine and no medical furtherance needed.

To God be the glory! :)

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paguio said:
Hi everybody!

Just got home from the clinic of Dr. Ocampo, accredited pulmonologist of IOM from Makati Medical. I was relieved when he told me that my x-ray result was stable and no need for medication. Thank God!

Dr. Ocampo told me that a medical clearance from our own pulmonologist and old x-ray is very important to have a good medical assessment. It's good thing that I bring my yearly x-ray starting year 2001 up to present and the medical clearance from my pulmonologist.

They told me that they will forward their report to IOM on Friday, but still the embassy will have the final decision on my medical status. Hoping that everything will turn out fine and no medical furtherance needed.

To God be the glory! :)
Hi! Just want to ask, did they ask you for a repeat X-Ray at IOM? Lucky for u that the Dr. Considered checking your previous X-rays.

congrats!

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
Hi pat1181,

IOM did not asked me for a repeat x-ray. Dr. Ocampo compared my old x-rays to 2014. He said that my x-rays showed stable fibrotic and my PTB was completely treated.

Yes, I am very thankful bec. at first I am not decided whether to bring those x-rays or not since it was already seen by IOM. I asked the Lord for guidance in what to do, what to bring, what to say. And it really works, it helps a lot for my medical assessment.

My medical status was not yet sure unless the embassy already decide on it. But I am already thankful with the medical results because for me, first and foremost is our health, approved visa is an additional blessing.

Just hold on, God will not forsake us. Let us pray for the best result. God bless us all. :) :) :)

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paguio said:
Hi pat1181,

IOM did not asked me for a repeat x-ray. Dr. Ocampo compared my old x-rays to 2014. He said that my x-rays showed stable fibrotic and my PTB was completely treated.

Yes, I am very thankful bec. at first I am not decided whether to bring those x-rays or not since it was already seen by IOM. I asked the Lord for guidance in what to do, what to bring, what to say. And it really works, it helps a lot for my medical assessment.

My medical status was not yet sure unless the embassy already decide on it. But I am already thankful with the medical results because for me, first and foremost is our health, approved visa is an additional blessing.

Just hold on, God will not forsake us. Let us pray for the best result. God bless us all. :) :) :)
You're very lucky and I am happy that in a way you're kinda relief with the results.

See, that's my concern here..they have different standards and qualifying the Xray. My husband was asked to do a repeat on his 3rd month and previous Xrays was not checked.

I hope the embassy will look into this since I already sent them an email requesting for a re-check and if possible, for a second opinion with their accredited physician.

Still hoping..... :(

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

After 12 days that my husband is taking Meds, he is now experiencing headaches and having some rashes on his arms and chest. Did anyone experience this kind of reaction?

He's going back to see the Pulmo tomorrow and I told him to bring all his old Xrays within 6 months prior to his medical and current one with our private Pulmo. It's too difficult to be away and not be able to comfort him. :(