+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaitlyhn said:
Hello. I called IOM again, and begged them to schedule me earlier and fortunately, they did. It will be Tuesday 8a.m., just wondering, are they open on Monday since it is bank holiday? Good luck to us.
Oh I guess so since they are in medical field :) But I will ask my husband to call them tomorrow to verify. Hope for our best result!

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update...

My husband went to his schedule appointment just to know the result of his sputum test. The Dr. told him that smear and culture are all negative. He was given a referral for Pulmo and repeat X-ray on Sept 4 which is on the 3rd month of his first X-ray with IOM.

Partly we're kinda relieved now and looking forward for the final step n clearance. :)

Sookie2014

Aug 20, 2014
Thanks for sharing this topic. I had tb scar and currently residing in UAE, now my worry is when the MR will come and request me for xray. In UAE if you have tb scar you will be ban, my question is Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy will reject my application or they will follow the policy as per CIC? As far as I know, CIC doesn't not reject tb scar right?

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sookie2014 said:
Thanks for sharing this topic. I had tb scar and currently residing in UAE, now my worry is when the MR will come and request me for xray. In UAE if you have tb scar you will be ban, my question is Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy will reject my application or they will follow the policy as per CIC? As far as I know, CIC doesn't not reject tb scar right?
As far as I am aware, there are some steps to be followed and the clinic that CIC will give you should know the right process if there's suspicious in your X-ray.

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013 MPNP, CIC DEC 30, 2013
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 MPNP, CIC Feb 6, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
April 14, 2014/ RPRF Payment May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
mpnp sponsor Oct 30, 2013
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 26, 2014, received September 5, 2014
LANDED..........
November 2014
Sookie2014 said:
dont worry too much, tb infection in the past or active tb at present will not be the cause of rejection, they will follow the protocol for tb, for you to be treated if active or the pulmonologist will give you clearance if not but of course it will be a step by step process and expect some delay in your apps, but eventually with prayers you will be granted a visa if everything goes well.

andy_7830

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hi Pat,

X-ray fee at St lukes 875php for 1 view without discount even my mother was 60 years old. If everything ok on Sept 1, 2014 they need to have vaccine(i don't know what vaccine never ask).

Andy

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Andy,

That's good to know. My husbadn was asked to bring P2-2500, I guess for the Pulmo fee and clearance + Re X-ray. Hope that everything will go smoothly next week.

LFP

Jun 7, 2013
Hello everyone! I'll be needing your insight about my dilemma. My husband has a history of PTB ng 2008. Yearly po sya nagpapa medical lagi naman sya fit to work although un scar andun na talaga. so ang gnawa namin is nagpa premedical kami sa pulmonary doctor nya. Xray and sputum test are negative. So dahil confident na kami nagpa upfront medical na sya sa St lukes BGC pero since may history sta need pa nya magpa pulmo evaluation. Sputum smear and culture and pagawa sakanya. My prob is 2 months pa ung result ng culture. So ang question ko ok lang ba magpasa na kami for spousal sponsorship while waiting for the medical result since ang first stage approval naman takes around 2 months bago ipasa sa CEM? May gumawa na po ba dito nun? Thanks sa lahat ng sasagot. Sayang kasi un oras so gusto ko sana umandar na un papel namin.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LFP said:
Hello everyone! I'll be needing your insight about my dilemma....
Hi,

Let's keep the thread in English, in deference to the thread starter and to all those who have posted in this thread and do not speak our native language. :)

The issue you brought forth (upfront medical exams) is one of which is suited to the FAM/SPOUSE sponsorship, and most us in this thread are PNP applicants - the processing flow is entirely different for medical examinations, so you may want to post this also in the FAM/Spouse sponsorship threads to reach a more appropriate audience. Nevertheless, to attempt to provide an answer:
- Stage 1 processing will only entail an application/approval to be a sponsor. Even if you have to pass CIC forms for the indviduals being sponsored, there is no examination for admissibility of the sponsored individuals here - more on the eligibility of the sponsor and the eligibility of the sponsored individuals.
So you may continue on the upfront medicals for those you are sponsoring, and wait till the application is remanded/transferred to a VO. Then at that point when you have the first opportunity to update your file (either after file transfer) or when the sponsored individuals are examined, you can then send the results of the upfront medicals.

...good luck and all the best...

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 24, 2014 (date of approved SINP)
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014, Sept. 23, 2014, Jan 26, 2015 ECAS Shows medical recd.; Sept. 10, CIC request Med. re-assessment, Sept. 18, done with med. re-assessment, but then again my eldest need to undergo sputum, repeat x-ray and med. clearance to pulmo on Dec. 18. Finally, medical was submitted to CIC last December 23, 2015.
Interview........
No more interview :) RPRF req. and paid - Feb. 6, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
Already landed... Inland applicant
I don't know what to feel and think this time, but I just pray for the best. I undergo sputum culture last July 15,16 and 17. The result of my sputum smear was negative and now, it's been 7 weeks (Sept. 2 to be exact since I started my 1st day of sputum test), the IOM called me and ask me to see the doctor who handled me regarding the result of my medical exam. I have the scheduled appointment on Sept. 9.

I got PTB in the year 2001 and finished the 6 months treatment. Since then, I had my yearly check up and x-ray with my pulmonologist in The Medical City. I even had my yearly flu vaccine and pneumococcal vaccine that is good for 5 years. Likewise, before I undergo my medical exam with IOM last July 9, I went to my pulmonologist a week before for my check-up, x-ray and lifetime pneumococcal vaccine to make sure that there will be no problem. I also bring the medical clearance and old xray(s) she gave to me and submitted to IOM during my medical exam. Still, I undergo sputum culture.

Just got negative insight because I was expecting the result will come out on the 8th week, probably on Sept. 11 to be exact. I am really in anxious right now, waiting for 5 days to know the result.

Just wanted to share and release my tension with you guys. I'm still praying for the best.

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 2014
paguio said:
I don't know what to feel and think this time, but I just pray for the best. I undergo sputum culture last July 15,16 and 17. The result of my sputum smear was negative and now, it's been 7 weeks (Sept. 2 to be exact since I started my 1st day of sputum test), the IOM called me and ask me to see the doctor who handled me regarding the result of my medical exam. I have the scheduled appointment on Sept. 9.

I got PTB in the year 2001 and finished the 6 months treatment. Since then, I had my yearly check up and x-ray with my pulmonologist in The Medical City. I even had my yearly flu vaccine and pneumococcal vaccine that is good for 5 years. Likewise, before I undergo my medical exam with IOM last July 9, I went to my pulmonologist a week before for my check-up, x-ray and lifetime pneumococcal vaccine to make sure that there will be no problem. I also bring the medical clearance and old xray(s) she gave to me and submitted to IOM during my medical exam. Still, I undergo sputum culture.

Just got negative insight because I was expecting the result will come out on the 8th week, probably on Sept. 11 to be exact. I am really in anxious right now, waiting for 5 days to know the result.

Just wanted to share and release my tension with you guys. I'm still praying for the best.
I know what you are feeling right now, you are worried because they called you early on time, and it might be positive because they are the one who called. But dont worry too much but pray and hope for the best. I read somewhere that result can be anytime between 6-8 weeks and still can be negative. Having this on mind, i called st. Lukes 1 week earlier than my scheduled due date beacause i was very anxious to know the result, and true enough result were already available and it was negative and after few days they submitted it already. What im saying is dont loose hope and pray because nothing is impossible.goodluck

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 24, 2014 (date of approved SINP)
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014, Sept. 23, 2014, Jan 26, 2015 ECAS Shows medical recd.; Sept. 10, CIC request Med. re-assessment, Sept. 18, done with med. re-assessment, but then again my eldest need to undergo sputum, repeat x-ray and med. clearance to pulmo on Dec. 18. Finally, medical was submitted to CIC last December 23, 2015.
Interview........
No more interview :) RPRF req. and paid - Feb. 6, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
Already landed... Inland applicant
TO RCG:

Thank you so much for your message.

That's true, in God, nothing is impossible. I do believe that everything is possible if it's God's will. If it's for us, it will happen. If it takes to long, it is God's perfect plan and perfect time.

Having this in mind, everytime I think about the result, relieves the agony of waiting and anxiety.

Yes, I will keep on praying for the best. Again, thank you so much :)

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 2014
Passport with visa received today!
to all forum mates in this thread, dont loose hope, everyone will get what our heart desire, just a matter of time and faith.
Goodluck....

arun999

Oct 14, 2013
rcg said:
Passport with visa received today!
to all forum mates in this thread, dont loose hope, everyone will get what our heart desire, just a matter of time and faith.
Goodluck....
Congrets.

Wish you all the best for your journey ahead.
Can you pl share your timeline from CIO Sydeny to Visa received. and you are from which country.

atun999