+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

kapsg_88

Mar 22, 2018
Hi All, In the medical check up do they ask if we had any TB history ? If yes, Is it a must to declare in medical if one had TB in childhood ? Pls advise .

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Hi All, In the medical check up do they ask if we had any TB history ? If yes, Is it a must to declare in medical if one had TB in childhood ? Pls advise .
no worries , you can declare past history of TB. you will be under medical surveillance after getting PR

Reactions: kapsg_88

ajmcanada

Apr 23, 2018
Hi everyone!

I hope you can all help me. we’re in a tough situation and very worried.

I’m sponsoring my husband and he completed his medical on March 5th. The doctor requested follow up because of nodules on the chest x-ray.

We are about to do our third sputum test. the first round of tests, my husband was told by the diagnostic center to keep one sample and it ruined all three days of samples and doctor wouldn’t accept it. Second time, my husband couldn’t produce enough sputum and the doctor ruled it inconclusive because he said it came from my husbands mouth and not his lungs.

My husband is healthy and in his 30s - he has no sputum to cough up! he has never had TB and his blood test shows no TB.

please, we are desperate. what can we do to force him to have sputum to cough up? the doctor says we have no other option than a sputum test and we are at our wits end.

we have spent $1000 on these medical tests so far and just received a letter from CIC that they need our medical info no later than 5/20. the doctor won’t write to them to request an extension and said we have to.

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

I’m sponsoring my husband and he completed his medical on March 5th. The doctor requested follow up because of nodules on the chest x-ray.

We are about to do our third sputum test. the first round of tests, my husband was told by the diagnostic center to keep one sample and it ruined all three days of samples and doctor wouldn’t accept it. Second time, my husband couldn’t produce enough sputum and the doctor ruled it inconclusive because he said it came from my husbands mouth and not his lungs.

My husband is healthy and in his 30s - he has no sputum to cough up! he has never had TB and his blood test shows no TB.

please, we are desperate. what can we do to force him to have sputum to cough up? the doctor says we have no other option than a sputum test and we are at our wits end.

we have spent $1000 on these medical tests so far and just received a letter from CIC that they need our medical info no later than 5/20. the doctor won’t write to them to request an extension and said we have to.
Do not worry! Raise a request via IRCC-webform. Let the officer know the situation. They will inform you what to do, probably your husband will do sputum test again.

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, absolutely you have to declare it, otherwise they will figure it out from x-ray anyway, and that is gonna be a misrepresentation, which may lead to a huge problem. Having a tb history is not a big deal, if you are not active, which comes out by the result of sputum test, you will be granted visa in 3 months. Get relax, and pray God, if this is his will, it is gonna happen in anyway.

kapsg_88

Mar 22, 2018
Yes, absolutely you have to declare it, otherwise they will figure it out from x-ray anyway, and that is gonna be a misrepresentation, which may lead to a huge problem. Having a tb history is not a big deal, if you are not active, which comes out by the result of sputum test, you will be granted visa in 3 months. Get relax, and pray God, if this is his will, it is gonna happen in anyway.
Thanks, but do they (doctor doing med check up) ask before or during medical test if one has any history of TB ? I mean how do we declare it ?

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, but do they (doctor doing med check up) ask before or during medical test if one has any history of TB ? I mean how do we declare it ?
They will give you a form during med exam, and in this form it is asked if you had tb.

anju355

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2018
File Transfer...
12-07-2018
Hi,

Will that impact if in statutory question "NO" is selected against any serious disease but in actual you are being treated for lung infection in past and have latent TB?

Thanks

Last edited:

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Will that impact if in statutory question "NO" is selected against any serious disease but in actual you are being treated for lung infection in past and have latent TB?

Thanks
Yes, they will figure it out from x-ray anyway, and that is gonna be a misrepresentation, which may lead to a huge problem. So, if they find out, you better say you did not know you had tb. Or, you can say that you did not know tb was considered as a serious disease, so you said NO.

Reactions: anju355

anju355

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2018
File Transfer...
12-07-2018
Yes, they will figure it out from x-ray anyway, and that is gonna be a misrepresentation, which may lead to a huge problem. So, if they find out, you better say you did not know you had tb. Or, you can say that you did not know tb was considered as a serious disease, so you said NO.
Yeah actually it was not TB, it was a treatment of some infection on lungs/chest (as per doctor 14 years back) so spots are related with it. Now regarding that answer in application I selected No after asking from different persons, as that was not considered as a serious disease. So lets hope for best.

Thanks

milly_m

Mar 4, 2018
Hi everyone!

They requested the same tests of my husband that would take at least 3 months and only gave us 60 days to provide the results, so my husband wrote to them to point this out and they extended the timeframe, no problem.

My husband is also healthy but managed to provide sputum samples (I think there is a trick to it). From what I've read, if you can't provide a sample they may request a skin test or further x ray checks?

milly_m

Mar 4, 2018
I have a question about timeframes after TB results are back in - we are applying through Express Entry PNP, we have received our nomination and are eligible to go on a temporary work permit while we await PR. The EE application was submitted in February however my husband had concerns flagged about TB at his PR medical. He doesn't have a history of TB at all but obviously we have to go through the process. He provided a sputum sample which is officially due back in the next 2-4 weeks (but the doctor already informed us that it is clear) and is having his second X ray on 2nd May. He then has to have a respirologist review, which he will book in ASAP after the sputum test and x ray reports are available.

How long should it take for the results to be processed and for us to be given the ok to go on the temporary work permits? He was informed that we would not be issued with one while awaiting the test results, even though a medical is not a requirement for them... do we have to wait until the medical is processed for PR, or should we get some feedback earlier about whether they would issue the temporary permit?

We were hoping to go this month so this delay is very frustrating for us!

anju355

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2018
File Transfer...
12-07-2018
I have a question about timeframes after TB results are back in - we are applying through Express Entry PNP, we have received our nomination and are eligible to go on a temporary work permit while we await PR. The EE application was submitted in February however my husband had concerns flagged about TB at his PR medical. He doesn't have a history of TB at all but obviously we have to go through the process. He provided a sputum sample which is officially due back in the next 2-4 weeks (but the doctor already informed us that it is clear) and is having his second X ray on 2nd May. He then has to have a respirologist review, which he will book in ASAP after the sputum test and x ray reports are available.

How long should it take for the results to be processed and for us to be given the ok to go on the temporary work permits? He was informed that we would not be issued with one while awaiting the test results, even though a medical is not a requirement for them... do we have to wait until the medical is processed for PR, or should we get some feedback earlier about whether they would issue the temporary permit?

We were hoping to go this month so this delay is very frustrating for us!
Hi,

First of all please be patient now and stop worrying as in the end it'll be all fine.

Normally sputum results come in 2 months and they do need another xray after 3 months so you need to wait for 3 months, meanwhile you can continue with application submission.

and again dont worry at all, if its an inactive TB you'll pass your medical.

Reactions: zengkeidean

luna897

May 4, 2018
Hi guys,

I hope everything is going well .

Question : if anybody have tb in his/her past approx 3-4 years ago and he/she had treated more than 10 months he/she have all his/her reports of results (2 years old) like : x-ray report (3 xrays on diff diff times) , afb culture report , Mtb report etc.All results have Negative. All xrays have no change in his/her past 2 years then during immigration medical exam Is he need any test or not . (Only recent chest xray is enough for compare) . Please anyone suggest or reply .

Last edited:

anju355

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2018
File Transfer...
12-07-2018
Hi guys,

I hope everything is going well .

Question : if anybody have tb in his/her past approx 3-4 years ago and he/she had treated more than 10 months he/she have all his/her reports of results (2 years old) like : x-ray report (3 xrays on diff diff times) , afb culture report , Mtb report etc.All results have Negative. All xrays have no change in his/her past 2 years then during immigration medical exam Is he need any test or not . (Only recent chest xray is enough for compare) . Please anyone suggest or reply .
Normally IOM/Embassy rely only on authorised test results which are done by them or panel doctors. In your case dont worry, TB spots will appear in your xray and then they will ask you for further tests like sputum test and an xray after 3 months, these are just to ensure that everything is fine. However do declare this thing to your doctor that you had been treated for TB in past. If all results are negative then dont worry you will pass medical test easily.

Goodluck