+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

khialeesi

Oct 25, 2017
Good day! Does anyone know where the public health authority in Vancouver is? I need to know where I can do my Medical Surveillance. And do I still need to pay for it? How much is it? Thank you!

wmate

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-11-2015
Hello members,

Yesterday appeared for post-culture test follow up at IOM. With the grace of Almighty, My medical cleared after pulmonologist checkup and Xray . My both AFB smear and AFB culture tests were negative. Timeline is as follows
Medical: 26th Dec, 2017
Sputum sample: 27, 28, 29 Dec 2017
X ray were stable after 3 months as well...

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello members,

Yesterday appeared for post-culture test follow up at IOM. With the grace of Almighty, My medical cleared after pulmonologist checkup and Xray . My both AFB smear and AFB culture tests were negative. Timeline is as follows
Medical: 26th Dec, 2017
Sputum sample: 27, 28, 29 Dec 2017
X ray were stable after 3 months as well...
Congrats friend. I have a question, what was written in your first x-ray report so you had to take sputum test? I mean what the pulmonologist's diagnosis on the x-ray report form? I had to take sputum test as well because the pulmonologist's had checked "storng suspicous of tuberclosis" on my x-ray report form. Btw I was diagnosed with tuberclosis in 2002 after having treatment totally healed since 2002.

wmate

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-11-2015
Congrats friend. I have a question, what was written in your first x-ray report so you had to take sputum test? I mean what the pulmonologist's diagnosis on the x-ray report form? I had to take sputum test as well because the pulmonologist's had checked "storng suspicous of tuberclosis" on my x-ray report form. Btw I was diagnosed with tuberclosis in 2002 after having treatment totally healed since 2002.
Thanks . In my first report it was mentioned that "nodular opacities are found on chest..but there wasnt strong suspicion of TB" ...
Dnt worry if you have TB previously and treated already, they just want to make sure ... Best of luck

mem1199

Feb 13, 2018
Hi guys pls help. I undergo treatment here in phil. But immigration issued our visa and PR but with letter survelliance? Can i go to canada already anyone experience this. I what to know what need to do or requirement before to go there. I need to get clearance to health center here in Phil ? Anyone can experience this.

CanAspirant2018

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Hi all,
My spouse had tb history. He was asked for sputum test and repeated xray. We did both and the report results are negative. We informed the same to the clinic immigration desk. They asked us to forward the results which they said will be uploaded in cic. They told us we don't have to consult the doc with the results as it is not mentioned in the instructions given to them by cic.

We are confused. My query is do we need to consult the panel doctor or a pulmonologist before uploading the result.

The pulmonologist they are recommending is not a panel member
Please advise us how to proceed with this.

elysekiel

Feb 9, 2018
Hi,
I have 15 year old TB spot on my chest . went for Medical ( explain everything to Dr. ). they have asked for additional sputum test, which took 8 weeks to get results. Clinic informed me that Results was negative and uploaded on eMedical ( its 2 weeks now). awaiting online status to be changed.
finger crossed

CanAspirant2018

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Hi all,
My spouse had tb history. He was asked for sputum test and repeated xray. We did both and the report results are negative. We informed the same to the clinic immigration desk. They asked us to forward the results which they said will be uploaded in cic. They told us we don't have to consult the doc with the results as it is not mentioned in the instructions given to them by cic.

We are confused. My query is do we need to consult the panel doctor or a pulmonologist before uploading the result.

The pulmonologist they are recommending is not a panel member
Please advise us how to proceed with this.
Today my medical status got updated as passed.

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello rcg!

I came across to this thread and read your posts. And this one caught my attention. My fiance was previously diagnosed with PTB. He underwent 6months medication and he is cleared. He was diagnosed 10 years ago. He had his xray last 2016 and 2017 both show scar and unchanged. So most likely this will also show on his xray with SLEC (we plan to go there for medicals though we are still waiting for MR). Most likely he will be invited for sputum exam and if we submit his previous xray for 2016 and 2017 then xray for the 3rd month will be waived for him? Thanks.
Hi Ellabear,
Any update with your fiance's situation regarding MR? Has she/he passed MR?

CanAspirant2018

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Did your spouse take 6 month (or any) treatment for TB? Or after having sputum-smear tests negative she/he passed the medical?
He was diagnosed tb 10 years ago and took 6 months medication that time.
After uploading the stable xray and negative sputum result his case was passed by cic