+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PTE visa refused

binpesinbal

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
PTE is accepted for VISA if it is accepted by the college / university as well. In my caips notes it states that Applicant has provided PTE score which could not be verified on pearson website. I wonder how third parties can verify PTE scores. Only the colleges / universities and the students have access to the scores in their login credentials.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
PTE is accepted for VISA if it is accepted by the college / university as well. In my caips notes it states that Applicant has provided PTE score which could not be verified on pearson website. I wonder how third parties can verify PTE scores. Only the colleges / universities and the students have access to the scores in their login credentials.
Did you read the link from the IRCC website about the documents requirements for SDS? You did apply under SDS, right?

binpesinbal

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Did you read the link from the IRCC website about the documents requirements for SDS? You did apply under SDS, right?
Mabuhay. Apllied under SDS but IRCC don't have issues with PTE if Designated LEarning institutes are accepting it. Visa officer in the CAIPS notes mentioned that couldn't verify PTE score in the official Pearson website. So my consultant tell me in letter of explanation i will have to provide my Pearson login ID so IRCC officials can verify my score report. Unlike IELTS Pearson doesen't share score report by post. They send it to the log in id of the test taker. And only the test taker and colleges / universities have login id's to check the scores. So maybe IRCC doesen't have their credentials to check the scores.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Mabuhay. Apllied under SDS but IRCC don't have issues with PTE if Designated LEarning institutes are accepting it. Visa officer in the CAIPS notes mentioned that couldn't verify PTE score in the official Pearson website. So my consultant tell me in letter of explanation i will have to provide my Pearson login ID so IRCC officials can verify my score report. Unlike IELTS Pearson doesen't share score report by post. They send it to the log in id of the test taker. And only the test taker and colleges / universities have login id's to check the scores. So maybe IRCC doesen't have their credentials to check the scores.
I have provided you the link from IRCC website for SDS application requirements. Can you show another CIC/IRCC website that says PTE is accepted for SDS application? We are talking about SDS stream and not general stream, right?

Your consultant is wrong. IRCC does not need your Pearson log in. Also, if you will search this forum, PTE may be accepted but it is not the preferred one by IRCC. That’s why even in express entry, they look at IELTS.

BTW, why insist on PTE and not just go for IELTS?

binpesinbal

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
I have provided you the link from IRCC website for SDS application requirements. Can you show another CIC/IRCC website that says PTE is accepted for SDS application? We are talking about SDS stream and not general stream, right?

Your consultant is wrong. IRCC does not need your Pearson log in. Also, if you will search this forum, PTE may be accepted but it is not the preferred one by IRCC. That’s why even in express entry, they look at IELTS.

BTW, why insist on PTE and not just go for IELTS?
But in many cases profiles with PTE have been accepted. In caips notes it said couldn't verify PTE scores on the pearson website. Only test taker and Institutions ( colleges / uni ) can verify. So they need some sort of login credentials.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
But in many cases profiles with PTE have been accepted. In caips notes it said couldn't verify PTE scores on the pearson website. Only test taker and Institutions ( colleges / uni ) can verify. So they need some sort of login credentials.
In your case, you have been processed under regular stream and not SDS because you did not meet the SDS requirements. Good luck with your PTE

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
never heard of anybody sharing their login credentials to any website. Did you email the PTE customer service dept??? Just tell them what happened and how the visa office can verify the result. I am sure they would have something.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
My consultant told me that this time I will have to provide my PTE login credentials in my letter of explanation so the Visa officer can verify. In Pearson website only the colleges / institutes have the access to verify scores. So maybe my consultants din't mention my PTE credentials thats why i got refusal. I wonder
there is a big debate on whether PTE is accepted or not. Honestly it is not but I have seen few students on this forum who got their application approved with PTE so do what you think is better. In the caips, the officer is not saying that he wants to see the IELTS but he was ok with the PTE and was looking to verify it. So, go ahead and submit the credentials. I personally have never heard of anybody submitting login credentials because logging into somebody else's acct is fraud and I dont think the officer will login to your acct but you can say that you are permitting him to do so.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
PTE is not accepted, do IELTS or TOEFL for general applications and IELTS only for SDS.

To verify a score an institution has to sign up with Pearson/PTE and pay fees to them, IRCC is not one of those instructions so they cant verify PTE and they dont recognize it officially.

binpesinbal

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
never heard of anybody sharing their login credentials to any website. Did you email the PTE customer service dept??? Just tell them what happened and how the visa office can verify the result. I am sure they would have something.
HI, It was my consultants fault, when I took my PTE they din't advise me to send PTE score to IRCC from my PTE login portal. They admitted their mistake now, and due to that IRCC couldn't verify my PTE score, When I reapply I will mention in the LOE that score report has been sent to IRCC and login creentials ( for being in safe side advised by PTE customer care )

PS: Do i need to submit previous SOP along with this Letter Of Explanation ? Please advise. thanks.

binpesinbal

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
HI, It was my consultants fault, when I took my PTE they din't advise me to send PTE score to IRCC from my PTE login portal. They admitted their mistake now, and due to that IRCC couldn't verify my PTE score,
PTE is not accepted, do IELTS or TOEFL for general applications and IELTS only for SDS.

To verify a score an institution has to sign up with Pearson/PTE and pay fees to them, IRCC is not one of those instructions so they cant verify PTE and they dont recognize it officially.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
HI, It was my consultants fault, when I took my PTE they din't advise me to send PTE score to IRCC from my PTE login portal. They admitted their mistake now, and due to that IRCC couldn't verify my PTE score, When I reapply I will mention in the LOE that score report has been sent to IRCC and login creentials ( for being in safe side advised by PTE customer care )

PS: Do i need to submit previous SOP along with this Letter Of Explanation ? Please advise. thanks.
You seem to be determined to submit PTE, go ahead but everyone is telling you PTE is not accepted and the officer will not use your credentials to login. You have a high likelyhood of being rejected again.

Reactions: rogelcorral

binpesinbal

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
You seem to be determined to submit PTE, go ahead but everyone is telling you PTE is not accepted and the officer will not use your credentials to login. You have a high likelyhood of being rejected again.
If PTE is not accepted then why it is accepted by colleges and Universities? You din't read my post. I told you that IRCC couldn't verify my PTE because score report wasn't sent to IRCC from my PTE login to verify. Now it is sent. And don't talk about rejection. Lets be positive and encourage rather than discourage.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If PTE is not accepted then why it is accepted by colleges and Universities? You din't read my post. I told you that IRCC couldn't verify my PTE because score report wasn't sent to IRCC from my PTE login to verify. Now it is sent. And don't talk about rejection. Lets be positive and encourage rather than discourage.
IRCC dont care about what university accepts those are completely different things, we are not going to encourage you when you are not following simple instructions.
You could always be accepted, some people get visa without any english test but why gamble like this?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
What’s the point in asking for assistance in this forum when you would still insist on what you want and what your consultant advised you? As @bongoman said, go ahead