+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

Addy123

Mar 10, 2018
Thanks so much, I am going to submit PRTD tomorrow, and have booked my tickets for feb, hopefully 1 month is sufficient to get the PRTD.
Hey! Did you eventually get PRTD? How long did it take? Can we not travel back to Canada on the visa initially stamped on Passport?

Addy123

Mar 10, 2018
If you did a soft landing yes you can apply for a prtd for you and your daughter. Your original question made it seem like you were asking a very different question. Question 16 is to prove that you have met the residency requirement for permanent residency if you have been accompanying a spouse or parent outside Canada for a long period of time.
Hey buddy! Any idea if one can travel back to Canada on the visa initially stamped on passport? I just got my visa and im planning to make a soft landing, return to home country after 2 weeks and return back to Canada in July 2018.

I wont be having my PR Card with me, and I fear getting stuck in home country for 3 to 4 months, waiting for PRTD.

waiting prtd

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Kindly update if you got your PRTD. How long did it take?
hi i didnt get my PRTD am still waiting its been 18 weeks ...every case is different if you are doing soft landing than you can get PRTD within a month as many member on a forum got their.
thanks

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You will need either the PR card or PRTD. The immigration visa is a single use visa and won’t be acceptable a second time. Alternately you can fly into the US and cross at a land border without a PR card or PRTD, if that’s an option for you.

waiting prtd

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
You will need either the PR card or PRTD. The immigration visa is a single use visa and won’t be acceptable a second time. Alternately you can fly into the US and cross at a land border without a PR card or PRTD, if that’s an option for you.
hi i need advice its been 18 weeks since i aplied i didnt heard anything from them my case hav police report as i lost the PR card but mine card is stil valid for 18 months
does mine case look complicated ?or is there any chance they may reject
what is the best option for me

Addy123

Mar 10, 2018
hi i didnt get my PRTD am still waiting its been 18 weeks ...every case is different if you are doing soft landing than you can get PRTD within a month as many member on a forum got their.
thanks
Oh God! Thats insane! Never gonna take a chance. Thanks for letting me know

Addy123

Mar 10, 2018
Thank you so much. Your advice is much appreciated. Did not know travelling by road through US did not require PRTD.

luvsehz

Nov 27, 2018
Hi i'm applying for PRTD and wanted some help regarding the letter indicating the reasons for stay outside Canada, that we have to give with the PRTD application. What should be written in the application? Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi i'm applying for PRTD and wanted some help regarding the letter indicating the reasons for stay outside Canada, that we have to give with the PRTD application. What should be written in the application? Thanks in advance
No one can provide you with reasons.

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
If you did a soft landing yes you can apply for a prtd for you and your daughter. Your original question made it seem like you were asking a very different question. Question 16 is to prove that you have met the residency requirement for permanent residency if you have been accompanying a spouse or parent outside Canada for a long period of time.
Thanks canuck_in_uk, could you also share the link with me for this guideline.
Also do you think I should write No to this point for my case.
Brief summary for my case"Landed in Oct went back in Nov with my daughter
Now want to go back in Canada, so applying PRTD as I havent received my PR card".
Hi, I haven't received PR card for my Wife and I am outside Canada, want to apply for PRTD for her. I am confused regarding section 16 which is asking for person accompanied with. As far as I understand, its only applicable, if the spouse is working for Canadian entity. Could you guide, what option I would select in section 16 then, "Yes" or "NO"