Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
I haven’t used this form but but what I know, the form is trying to capture information if any of you absences from Canada is related to accompanying a Canadian citizen and the form gives 3 options spouse/ common law or parent. If you did accompany then you should fill it up.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It’s most likely used in determining residency obligation. PR’s with Canadian spouses can count days outside of Canada towards residency obligation. Same applies for children.

Accompanying a child doesn’t provide the same advantage for meeting residency obligation. It doesn’t give the option for accompanying child on the form. Seems a bit confusing. IMO I would leave it blank as none of the available options apply.

Your daughter won’t need a PRTD if she is a citizen. She will need a Canadian passport.

gur2014

Apr 21, 2017
I haven’t used this form but but what I know, the form is trying to capture information if any of you absences from Canada is related to accompanying a Canadian citizen and the form gives 3 options spouse/ common law or parent. If you did accompany then you should fill it up.
Hi Mats is there any other form that I can fill?

gur2014

Apr 21, 2017
It’s most likely used in determining residency obligation. PR’s with Canadian spouses can count days outside of Canada towards residency obligation. Same applies for children.

Accompanying a child doesn’t provide the same advantage for meeting residency obligation. It doesn’t give the option for accompanying child on the form. Seems a bit confusing. IMO I would leave it blank as none of the available options apply.

Your daughter won’t need a PRTD if she is a citizen. She will need a Canadian passport.
Thanks Buletruck, no my daughter is also not an Canadian Citizen, we landed in oct 2017 came back in Nov, and now wanna go back.
Since my PR card hasnt come, so I am applying PRTD.... But this point 16 is making me worry :(

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

I am filling up PRTD and i have a query
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5524e.pdf

I have a question here specifically Point 16 "Absence while accompanying a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent resident outside Canada".

I came back with my daughter, and I want to go back with her.

I understand that i need to fill separate forms for both of us, but what do i write in Point 16?

Thanks
There is an entire section in the guide called "Time outside of Canada" that explains this.

gur2014

Apr 21, 2017
There is an entire section in the guide called "Time outside of Canada" that explains this.
Thanks canuck_in_uk, could you also share the link with me for this guideline.
Also do you think I should write No to this point for my case.
Brief summary for my case"Landed in Oct went back in Nov with my daughter
Now want to go back in Canada, so applying PRTD as I havent received my PR card".

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you did a soft landing yes you can apply for a prtd for you and your daughter. Your original question made it seem like you were asking a very different question. Question 16 is to prove that you have met the residency requirement for permanent residency if you have been accompanying a spouse or parent outside Canada for a long period of time.

Reactions: gur2014

gur2014

Apr 21, 2017
If you did a soft landing yes you can apply for a prtd for you and your daughter. Your original question made it seem like you were asking a very different question. Question 16 is to prove that you have met the residency requirement for permanent residency if you have been accompanying a spouse or parent outside Canada for a long period of time.
Thanks so much, I am going to submit PRTD tomorrow, and have booked my tickets for feb, hopefully 1 month is sufficient to get the PRTD.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks so much, I am going to submit PRTD tomorrow, and have booked my tickets for feb, hopefully 1 month is sufficient to get the PRTD.
Yes usually take around 2 weeks but submit as soon as possible because there can always be delays.

dreamcanadalife

Nov 13, 2017
Hi
I did soft landing in feb and came back in march. Now iam waiting for my PR card. Meanwhile iam getting married also. If after getting married I apply for PRTD would it be a problem as my COPR has my status as single ?

waiting prtd

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi , canuck i have a question i have applied for PRTD from pakistan abu dhabi embassy
its been 8 weeks since i applied i didnt get any news from them
now my question is i did submit the entry and exit form today i came to know that i have filled the form inaccurate.
i was in canada from the past 3years and with 3 trips to USA only for a week .
i mention the entry and exit dates of USA correctly but i didnt mention the entry and exit date of canada i dont know wht to do now .
please help me as am really worried

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi , canuck i have a question i have applied for PRTD from pakistan abu dhabi embassy
its been 8 weeks since i applied i didnt get any news from them
now my question is i did submit the entry and exit form today i came to know that i have filled the form inaccurate.
i was in canada from the past 3years and with 3 trips to USA only for a week .
i mention the entry and exit dates of USA correctly but i didnt mention the entry and exit date of canada i dont know wht to do now .
please help me as am really worried
Send a Webform with the correct information.