+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

ashkap

Mar 14, 2018
Thanks for your revert friend.

Valid point you raised. I thought that if I have PRTD I can visit from any country. but I am also not sure, but food for thought.

abygs

Nov 29, 2017
Thanks for your revert friend.

Valid point you raised. I thought that if I have PRTD I can visit from any country. but I am also not sure, but food for thought.
I got multiple entry PRTD valid for two years from India. I applied at Chennai VFS.

yadwinder998

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hello All,

Please see below for my case

Completed soft landing, stayed in Canada for 6 days. My office might transfer me there but there’s no certainty for timeline as to when

Question:

1. Is there a date mentioned on PRTD before which you have to travel anyhow ? Like we got in our visa - 1 year from medical

2. My PR card would be in India by September. What happens if I don’t travel by then but do get the PRTD as well- what do I show at the time of Travel

PR Card or PRTD

Hoping for quick response

sanddip

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
Nomination.....
23-09-2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello All,

Please see below for my case

Completed soft landing, stayed in Canada for 6 days. My office might transfer me there but there’s no certainty for timeline as to when

Question:

1. Is there a date mentioned on PRTD before which you have to travel anyhow ? Like we got in our visa - 1 year from medical

2. My PR card would be in India by September. What happens if I don’t travel by then but do get the PRTD as well- what do I show at the time of Travel

PR Card or PRTD

Hoping for quick response
1. PRTD is valid for 2 years and you can travel anytime in 2 years as many times as you want.
2. If you have PR card with you, better to use PR Card at the port of entry. ( but really does not matter what you show PR/PRTD as long as it is valid)

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Hi All,

I did a soft landing and I am back to India now, so I am applying for PR TD now.

I am filling in below forms as informed by VFS team -
1)Imm5524
2)Imm5707
3) Vfs consent form - not mentioned in checklist though
4) entry exit form - this I will get at vfs centre I was told ( again not mentioned in checklist)

I have few queries on above forms
form 1 - 5524
1) The number on your Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence
or Permanent Resident Card -- which number is it? There are 3 things on my landing document - UCI, App No. , document no.
Which is the one from these 3 that is landing number?
2) Do I need to prove anything for residency obligation by writing in humanitarian and compassinate grounds? I stayed for total 27 days in Canada.

Form 2 - 5707
1) It says the form must be filled in native language as well. Do I need to fill the form in English and Hindi both as in make 2 copies ? Or just the english is fine( i am from india, so hindia is my national language).
2) It asks for family information for mother and father. As I am married, do i need to give information about my mother and father and in laws both or just my mother and father is fine?
(I have not changed my given or last name after the marriage). Please suggest.

Apart from above - checklist also mentions about supplementary form, but the vfs person did not mention the same. When i asked them, they said you need to fill in whatever the checklist asks for. So i wanted to know where can i find supplementary form? And if it does not apply to me, should i print the form and mentiom N/A?

In checkkist , there is one point as Evidence of your permanent resident status in Canada - do I need to just submit copy of landing paper? Or should I submit bank document also, showing as proof? I read somewhere we need to show 2 proofs so wanted to confirm.

Points 9-12 in checklist for meeting residency obligation - these does not apply to me, so I can just mark it as No in the checklist right?

And I am planmning to submit all above forms and along with that below. Please suggest if anything else needs to be included?
- all forms
- copr copy
- bank copy
- origianal passport
- photographs
- fee payment receipt
- letter indicating reason i stayed outside canada

Anything else apart from above?

- one last query -
I read we need to submit al these in sealed envelope, do we need to seal and go and just submit at vfs? Or vfs will verify first all docs, and then they will seal it for us?

Hoping for your positive response guys. Thanks in advance!

cicek

May 2, 2017
Turkey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
26-09-2017
Med's Done....
21-09-2017
Hi guys,

I landed in Canada on July 13th and had to leave on July 20th. I have provided a friend's address for my PR card to be mailed. Still waiting for my PR card. I was thinking my friend could send my card to oversees once received but then I've heard some cases where customs officers seize PR cards if they find out it's shipped outside Canada.

I have to go back to Canada in mid October. So I was thinking I might apply for a PRTD.

So my question is; if I apply for a PRTD and it gets rejected for some reason, will my PR status be terminated or I can still enter Canada if I get my PR card somehow?

Many thanks,
Cicek

div8866

Sep 4, 2018
hello sir,
I would like to get some assistance from you about my case, regarding PR.
I was sponsored by my dad in 2008 to Canada when i was 13 and i had valid PR card back then. I also studied there for 1 year. But after 1 year my dad had to return back to India due to family reasons, cause of that i too had to move back to India. Dude to this reason my PR got expired. But now in 2018 i would like to reclame my PR through PRTD. Is it possible for me to get back PR, and if it is then how. What would i need to do in order to get PR renewed. Your assistance will mean lot to me.
Thank you

Hasafi

Sep 13, 2018
Hi

Could somebody please help me in PRTD application?

I’m not sure if I need to fill questions 15,16 and 18
Here’s my case.
I have been living in Canada for 10 years, during that time I didn’t leave Canada. I just received my confirmation of permanent residency and may I leave before I will get my PR card.

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
hello sir,
I would like to get some assistance from you about my case, regarding PR.
I was sponsored by my dad in 2008 to Canada when i was 13 and i had valid PR card back then. I also studied there for 1 year. But after 1 year my dad had to return back to India due to family reasons, cause of that i too had to move back to India. Dude to this reason my PR got expired. But now in 2018 i would like to reclame my PR through PRTD. Is it possible for me to get back PR, and if it is then how. What would i need to do in order to get PR renewed. Your assistance will mean lot to me.
Thank you
How old are you now?

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have got my PRTD and I would soon be travelling back to Canada. Just wanted to know if for travel, only PR TD is required or again they will need the COPR which they saw on the on the first landing? I am assuming only PR TD would suffice as it now mentions Permanent Resident on the counterfoil. Please suggest so that I can keep my document readiness accordingly. Thanks!

dreamdesire

May 5, 2013
Hi Guys

Its been 22 days since I applied for PRTD from Jalandhar VAC but hadn't heard anything back.Online status shows File is being processed.Is there any that I can contact them and ask what's wrong with my application?Thanks.