+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

abygs

Nov 29, 2017
Justification letter is not mandatory. Only COPR copy along with SIN number is required. However, i added a justification letter(aka cover letter) just in case. Below is the format i used. I got PRTD in 10 days, with 2 years validity and Multiple entry.

Respected Sir/Madam,

I would like to bring to your attention regarding my circumstances leading to this PRTD (Permanent resident travel document) Application.

On 15-November-2017, I landed in Toronto for and became Permanent resident. My Permanent resident card is in process and as per the timeline, it may take 2 months for me to receive it. Meanwhile, I had to travel to my home country India to wind up things. I have to move back to Canada on 18-December-2017 for employment. In this regard, I am applying for PRTD (Permanent resident travel document). I have attached the COPR for your reference.

Should you need any clarifications or more information, I will be glad to provide.

Yours faithfully,​
Which visa office did you apply?

sanddip

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
Nomination.....
23-09-2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Reactions: trislex and abygs

gur2014

Apr 21, 2017
London. I got PRTD in 4 days. Validity 2 years multiple entry.
Hi Sanddip

I hope you guys have filled in this document
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5524e.pdf

I have a question here specifically Point 16 "Absence while accompanying a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent resident outside Canada".

I came back with my daughter, and I want to go back with her.

I understand that i need to fill separate forms for both of us, but what do i write in Form 16?

Thanks

sanddip

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
Nomination.....
23-09-2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Sanddip

I hope you guys have filled in this document
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5524e.pdf

I have a question here specifically Point 16 "Absence while accompanying a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent resident outside Canada".

I came back with my daughter, and I want to go back with her.

I understand that i need to fill separate forms for both of us, but what do i write in Form 16?

Thanks
You do not need to fill no. 16 n 17
Just mark as NO

Navidpour

Jul 5, 2017
Hello All,

Do you know if the PRTD should be applied in person and while you are in that country? I am planning to go to Mexico only for 5 days which includes Saturday and Sunday, would I be able to apply earlier to make sure I can get it on time?

Thanks,

can7589

Feb 10, 2018
Justification letter is not mandatory. Only COPR copy along with SIN number is required. However, i added a justification letter(aka cover letter) just in case. Below is the format i used. I got PRTD in 10 days, with 2 years validity and Multiple entry.

Respected Sir/Madam,

I would like to bring to your attention regarding my circumstances leading to this PRTD (Permanent resident travel document) Application.

On 15-November-2017, I landed in Toronto for and became Permanent resident. My Permanent resident card is in process and as per the timeline, it may take 2 months for me to receive it. Meanwhile, I had to travel to my home country India to wind up things. I have to move back to Canada on 18-December-2017 for employment. In this regard, I am applying for PRTD (Permanent resident travel document). I have attached the COPR for your reference.

Should you need any clarifications or more information, I will be glad to provide.

Yours faithfully,​
Thank you for the info! Can you tell me what you provided in the Resident Address Column of Application form in Canada? Also which office in India? And how long did it take. I am looking to apply as well. Just trying to make sure I submit everything as required? Your reply would greatly help! Thanks!

ekramece

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Thank you for the info! Can you tell me what you provided in the Resident Address Column of Application form in Canada? Also which office in India? And how long did it take. I am looking to apply as well. Just trying to make sure I submit everything as required? Your reply would greatly help! Thanks!
I have given my friend's Canada address..the same for PR cards. I have visited VFS Hyderabad. Submitted on Nov 23,got the passport delivered to me on dec5.

Reactions: can7589

can7589

Feb 10, 2018
I have given my friend's Canada address..the same for PR cards. I have visited VFS Hyderabad. Submitted on Nov 23,got the passport delivered to me on dec5.
Thank you for your response!!

I have mentioned below the list of docs I am planning to send as part of PRTD Application,

1) PRTD Application (IMM 5524)

1. In residency obligation just mentioned the address of stay for the week I stayed and mentioned SIN
2) Document Checklist (IMM 5627)

1. In document checklist 1-6 are standard docs.

2. For 7 I am including COPR and SIN Doc(Should these be copies or originals?)

3. Letter from CIC requesting my passport(As confirmation that I have received PR)

4. Photocopy of the single entry visa that I used

5. Photocopy of the passport page where my entry in Canada is stamped

6. In checklist 8 and 9 dont apply to me. Anything you mentioned in 10?
3) Original valid Passport

4) Fee receipt of CAD $50 for PR TD

5) 2 photos

6) Planning to write a letter similar to yours mentioning the reason for my need to come back and my plan to return to Canada,

I can get a doc from the bank in Canada to prove that I was in Canada if required? Do you think the above docs are similar to your application package. Anything else you think I should include? Appreciate your time on this!!

ekramece

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Thank you for your response!!

I have mentioned below the list of docs I am planning to send as part of PRTD Application,

1) PRTD Application (IMM 5524)

1. In residency obligation just mentioned the address of stay for the week I stayed and mentioned SIN
2) Document Checklist (IMM 5627)

1. In document checklist 1-6 are standard docs.

2. For 7 I am including COPR and SIN Doc(Should these be copies or originals?)

3. Letter from CIC requesting my passport(As confirmation that I have received PR)

4. Photocopy of the single entry visa that I used

5. Photocopy of the passport page where my entry in Canada is stamped

6. In checklist 8 and 9 dont apply to me. Anything you mentioned in 10?
3) Original valid Passport

4) Fee receipt of CAD $50 for PR TD

5) 2 photos

6) Planning to write a letter similar to yours mentioning the reason for my need to come back and my plan to return to Canada,

I can get a doc from the bank in Canada to prove that I was in Canada if required? Do you think the above docs are similar to your application package. Anything else you think I should include? Appreciate your time on this!!
Only COPY of COPR. Also since the original passport is being included in the application,they don't need the visa stamped page or anything else to establish residence

Reactions: z0mbie and can7589

can7589

Feb 10, 2018
Only COPY of COPR. Also since the original passport is being included in the application,they don't need the visa stamped page or anything else to establish residence
Thank you for your response and being helpful. I am guessing apart from that my list looks good. Have a good week.

ashkap

Mar 14, 2018
Hello Friends,
I did a soft landing from USA on March 3, 2018 and came back on March 4th from Canada. Now i need to apply for PRTD here at USA and go back to India to get my family to Canada in first week of May 2018. If anyone has applied PRTD from USA, please let me know.
My questions are:
Do I need to visit Consulate office or Visa office in USA ? How long do they take to give PRTD ?

Can i courier them or it is advisable/mandatory to visit Visa office?

Do i need to visit to collect the passport again ? reason i am asking because i am staying in North Carolina and i don't think that there is any Canadian embassy here.

What do i need to fill in point # 14, 15, 16 & 17 of the PRTD form (i hope they all are same across)?

Where can i put the reason so that they give me multiple entry PRTD?

Thanks

abygs

Nov 29, 2017
Hello Friends,
I did a soft landing from USA on March 3, 2018 and came back on March 4th from Canada. Now i need to apply for PRTD here at USA and go back to India to get my family to Canada in first week of May 2018. If anyone has applied PRTD from USA, please let me know.
My questions are:
Do I need to visit Consulate office or Visa office in USA ? How long do they take to give PRTD ?

Can i courier them or it is advisable/mandatory to visit Visa office?

Do i need to visit to collect the passport again ? reason i am asking because i am staying in North Carolina and i don't think that there is any Canadian embassy here.

What do i need to fill in point # 14, 15, 16 & 17 of the PRTD form (i hope they all are same across)?

Where can i put the reason so that they give me multiple entry PRTD?

Thanks

If you are travelling back from India, I believe you should apply from India and not US. I might be wrong.

You will have to visit the Visa office and submit your application. They will courier your passport back to you once it's approved.

Reactions: trislex and ashkap