+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD with H&C grounds category RC1

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Thanks for your help
I have got the same opinion from members of this forum to come Canada with my family,settle apply soon upon arriving for renewal pr card as my H&C still fresh and part of my family two sons come back to continue their medical studying at university in home country.
I consulted two lawyers in Canada
They told me not renew pr soon after arriving , I should wait two years then applied, it doesn’t make sense . They could not convince me .
If I want to travel for any emergency in my home country so what.
If I want to apply for medical insurance
If I want to my son’s going university as domestic student .( I have four sons).
Asking lawyers confused me .
So my main point to have case like me who’s applied soon after arriving and got renew pr and continue their life easy .

Thanks
If you received travel document under H&C, there is no reason why you can't apply for PR Card renewal. But, as some members suggest, it may take very long time for you to actually receive it. Some people report waiting for 2.5 years, with no word from immigration agency.
In any event, you have nothing to loose by applying now (unless your lawyer has reason to believe that you could be stripped of PR status, as someone without H&C grounds would).

As to your sons, they should do as they please and what is best for them. I personally believe becoming a doctor and losing PR status in Canada is more important and is greater achievement than retaining PR status in Canada and driving an Uber or doing some other unskilled work. But, everyone makes their own decision, and your sons must make theirs. Just keep this in mind, that they will very likely give up their PR status as a result of going to school out of the Canada while in breach of RO.

Reactions: Ah023

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I’m applying from India, applied online. Which date did you apply and when did you get ur passport request? Kind of getting worried, there fore just trying to figure out the timelines.
There is never a timeline when it comes to PRTD based on H&C.

pankaj.bi

May 13, 2014
Hi
I have got PRTD on H&C ground category RC1 with all my family after long time out Canada for emergency reason.
I understand from forum members that I can apply soon after arriving for renewal PR because I have positive H&C case.
My question is can any member share cases like mine and what’s happened next?
Like long time for renewal, go to appeal or lost status any information from real background.
Thanks
Hi Hijazi
I am also applying for PRTD on H&C ground so wanted to know what was your ground and how did you provide reason for that.would appreciate your reply.

vjdua

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Hi, could i pls know ur timeline and where u applied from? As I’ve also applied for PRTD on H&C grounds..
Normally, it takes around 55-60 days or may take longer depending upon facts of each case. This is based on the experiences of India based applicants.