+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

prtd rejected- student permit process

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Dear Jass, When you got the information that your PRTD has denied & what reason they have given?? Can you pls share
I got a notice of appeal on 11jan 2019 and i had applied for prtd on 10oct 2018 exactly after 3 months.the reason was that i didnt complete my residency obligations.i applied prtd as i was removed as minor by my parents when i was 7 years old.is there is any negative impact of prtd rejectionupon student visa .i had recieved 3 offer letters from canadian clg 2 for may intake nd 1 for sep intake.but the validity of offrletters were exired on exact 11jn when i recieved rejection of prtd.bad luck!but niw i only have option of sep intake.please tell me that is my student permit is safe ?i got 7 bands in ielts and my 12th percentage is 77.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a notice of appeal on 11jan 2019 and i had applied for prtd on 10oct 2018 exactly after 3 months.the reason was that i didnt complete my residency obligations.i applied prtd as i was removed as minor by my parents when i was 7 years old.is there is any negative impact of prtd rejectionupon student visa .i had recieved 3 offer letters from canadian clg 2 for may intake nd 1 for sep intake.but the validity of offrletters were exired on exact 11jn when i recieved rejection of prtd.bad luck!but niw i only have option of sep intake.please tell me that is my student permit is safe ?i got 7 bands in ielts and my 12th percentage is 77.
Ok so one by one:
1. Rejection of your PRTD have started PR removal process. So if you did not appealed it within given time (30 days if I am not mistaken), then you have already lost your PR status.
2. If you did appeal in time, the appeal process is now running and you are still PR until that is solved.
3. However even if you have appealed you might not be given chance to go to Canada for hearing, unless you were in Canada past 365 days (and it does not look that way).
4. And of course if you are still PR you cannot be issued anything like student visa for Canada (because you will either keep your PR and then student visa are not needed or you will loose it and only after that you can apply for student visa).
5. If you have lost your PR recently (you did not appeal) and you try to apply for student visa, yes it will impact the outcome. Simply because you have just shown that you want to stay in Canada permanently. So most likely such visa will be rejected based on that.
6. However nothing is preventing you to get PR again by yourself.

Good luck

Pamela123

Mar 17, 2019
My situation is alike. I stayed in Canada for 10 years (from 4 to 14 years of age) My parents came back to Argentina when I was a minor and we never went back. Today I’m 34 years old with a husband and three children.
What route should I take? Question 1: Apply for a PRTD? Knowing that most likely it will be rejected. Question 2: Or should I renounce and apply for a study permit after I choose a college?
My intentions are to live permanently again in Canada with my own family. This is my only option because we’re not elegible for EXpress Entry (we are independent workers) That’s way maybe studying is a gateway To staying in Canada.
Important question 3: If I renounce Pr status , is this going to enable to apply again for permanent residence?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My situation is alike. I stayed in Canada for 10 years (from 4 to 14 years of age) My parents came back to Argentina when I was a minor and we never went back. Today I’m 34 years old with a husband and three children.
What route should I take? Question 1: Apply for a PRTD? Knowing that most likely it will be rejected. Question 2: Or should I renounce and apply for a study permit after I choose a college?
My intentions are to live permanently again in Canada with my own family. This is my only option because we’re not elegible for EXpress Entry (we are independent workers) That’s way maybe studying is a gateway To staying in Canada.
Important question 3: If I renounce Pr status , is this going to enable to apply again for permanent residence?
A PRTD is guaranteed to be refused - it's not a case of 'likely', it's a 'will be'.

If you want to come to Canada on a study permit, then it would make sense to renounce your status as soon as you can and then apply for a study permit once you've been accepted into a school. You should be aware that while you will gain education points, you will also lose age points the longer you wait to apply for EE.

Yes - if you renounce your PR status then you can apply for PR in the future if you qualify. Note that independent workers can certainly qualify for Express Entry as long as you have the evidence to prove your work experience.

Pamela123

Mar 17, 2019
Thank y
A PRTD is guaranteed to be refused - it's not a case of 'likely', it's a 'will be'.

If you want to come to Canada on a study permit, then it would make sense to renounce your status as soon as you can and then apply for a study permit once you've been accepted into a school. You should be aware that while you will gain education points, you will also lose age points the longer you wait to apply for EE.

Yes - if you renounce your PR status then you can apply for PR in the future if you qualify. Note that independent workers can certainly qualify for Express Entry as long as you have the evidence to prove your work experience.[/QUOTE Thanks a lot

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018

Yes - if you renounce your PR status then you can apply for PR in the future if you qualify. Note that independent workers can certainly qualify for Express Entry as long as you have the evidence to prove your work experience.
Hlo scylla i am applying for a student visa after prtd rejection.i fear that if my previous prtd rejection case affect my study visa chances.are my student visa chances are low due to that?i got prtd rejected on 11 jan and notic of appeal but i didn’t appeal and now i am applying for study permit.
Thankyou please reply soon

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hlo scylla i am applying for a student visa after prtd rejection.i fear that if my previous prtd rejection case affect my study visa chances.are my student visa chances are low due to that?i got prtd rejected on 11 jan and notic of appeal but i didn’t appeal and now i am applying for study permit.
Thankyou please reply soon
Yes, your recent rejection will definitely affect your study permit application.

How do you prove that you are a bonafide student, and not just trying to get back to Canada? If you can do that to the satisfaction of the officer, you can get a permit. However, you should expect your application to be given a much higher degree of scrutiny.

Reactions: canuck78

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Yes, your recent rejection will definitely affect your study permit application.

How do you prove that you are a bonafide student, and not just trying to get back to Canada? If you can do that to the satisfaction of the officer, you can get a permit. However, you should expect your application to be given a much higher degree of scrutiny.
So how can i prove VO that m bonafide student. Any example if u have any idea?
Thnku

Pamela123

Mar 17, 2019
WHY is it that now it’s a problem to stay in Canada...no one is saying they will stay illegally. After a study permit you can apply for a work permit and so on. I mean the government wants immigrants to raise the labor market but gets picky in the airport.
If a pr renounces because of not meeting RO and then apply for a program looks to me an honest attitude as to enter a country. Just things I wonder

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
WHY is it that now it’s a problem to stay in Canada...no one is saying they will stay illegally. After a study permit you can apply for a work permit and so on. I mean the government wants immigrants to raise the labor market but gets picky in the airport.
If a pr renounces because of not meeting RO and then apply for a program looks to me an honest attitude as to enter a country. Just things I wonder
It’s a problem because of the rise in asylum cases from all types of temporary visas (student, visitor, work permit). Focusing on international students, it is not uncommon for them to suddenly lack funding and not be able to continue their studies. They then will not be eligible to apply for a work permit. Or they do finish a 1 year course and are unable to get work after. Desperate to stay in Canada, they file for asylum or H&C and use taxpayer money while they prolong their stay with appeals even if they do not have grounds for them. The problem here is the people who abused the system that forced Canada to be stricter. The honest people are being affected by these abusers.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also they want genuine students and genuine colleges and universities. There are already some colleges and universities with questionable standards but many students apply for whatever is the cheapest and easiest program and focus on working for 20 hours (or break the rules and work more) versus attending classes and learning. I am sure there is already an underground economy with false marks and ielts scores to apply for study permit but Canada is trying to keep watch on what happens in Canada and try to stop any manipulation to the system. Not sure how well they are actually doing... In your case you already have a family so it would really have to make sense to uproot your family and would need to lead to significant career advancement to return to school. This is especially true because you will have to quit your jobs while still having to support your children or could have to be separated if the rest of the family can't secure visas/permits. If the degree doesn't lead to significant career benefit it wouldn't make sense and would be a clear attempt to immigrate and not be a genuine student.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I do not disagree with the generalizations others have offered, nor with yours, which probably appears to be contradictory, but . . .

. . . that is I agree that a former PR renouncing PR status and applying for one type of TRV or another can be perceived to be someone who has had an opportunity to stay in Canada and has not, and otherwise is showing compliance with Canadian immigration law, factors which should HELP getting a TRV such as a student permit. That is, factors indicating the individual is less likely to be someone who stays without status.

No need to reconcile the conflicts. Generalizations are broad. Actual cases are specific. These generalizations, in particular, are about factors which can influence the decision maker. And these are indeed such factors. However, there are many other factors, especially factors specific to the individual applying for the student permit, which also influence the outcome.

Predicting outcome of student permit applications is NOT reliable. Too many individual factors for anyone here to reliably forecast the outcome.

Another generalization: forecasts about the outcome of applications subject to multiple variables ARE NOT RELIABLE . . . except in obvious situations with a more or less definitive outcome (example: cohabiting less than a year will NOT support a family class partner sponsored PR application based on common-law relationship; easy to forecast how that will go). Many forum participants offer good information about what key factors are. NO forum participant's opinion (including mine), about the likely outcome, should be relied on . . . unless, again, it is among the easy to call situations.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
yes i ll Fulfil my 2 years course and after that i ll apply for work permit.i had also mentioned in my prtd application that i want to persue my further education in canada after 12th.
My study profile is also good 77% in 12th medical stream and 7 bands in ielts.
My both the parents are government employees.they are pr but they didn’t went canada for past 10 years once because of their employment.
I am applying for early childhood education 2 years diploma in sheridan college for fall intake.
My financial profile is also good.but i only fear for refusal because of previous case of prtd.
You need to be a lot more convincing than that, I'm afraid. You don't come across as someone who wants to study in Canada - you come across as someone who wants to move to Canada by any means possible.

I could be wrong, but that's just what your profile is telling me. Given that you've already been refused, you need a very strong application, and this isn't it.