+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD - Processed Passport has been dispatched from Visa office to VAC

xocomil

Apr 6, 2011
Hi all.

I just checked on our PRTD online and saw this message: Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office Mexico City, on 29/05/2018 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, visit VAC website

I presume this means the visa was approved? Waiting to try and book accomodation in Canada for a holiday, and running short on time ....

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Hi all.

I just checked on our PRTD online and saw this message: Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office Mexico City, on 29/05/2018 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, visit VAC website

I presume this means the visa was approved? Waiting to try and book accomodation in Canada for a holiday, and running short on time ....
Hi

How can you check PRTD status online?
Can you please share the link?

MLFATDOI

Aug 28, 2018
Hi all.

Hi,
How long it took you from the start and you receive your PRTD from Canada Visa Office Mexico City?

Marjiebleu

Nov 29, 2018
About 3 weeks - applied in Guatemala City and picked up passports with visas in less than 3 weeks.
I'm travellng to Mexico soon and I will be there only 2 weeks, I was told that it might take a couple weeks to get the PRTD abroad, but you said it was 3, can you please try to be more precise with the dates. Like what date you sent it, when did you receive the confirmation of the visa and when did you pick it up please.

xocomil

Apr 6, 2011
I'm travellng to Mexico soon and I will be there only 2 weeks, I was told that it might take a couple weeks to get the PRTD abroad, but you said it was 3, can you please try to be more precise with the dates. Like what date you sent it, when did you receive the confirmation of the visa and when did you pick it up please.
Hey sorry I can't remember, and don't have exact drop off / pick up dates written down. But I'm pretty sure it was between 2 and 3 weeks (definitely not under 2 weeks - 10 working days).

Good luck!

Radelaide57

Nov 27, 2018
Hi

How can you check PRTD status online?
Can you please share the link?
Via the tracking system that VFS has setup, it looks as though the only information they give out is dates related to when your application has been sent to the nearest Consulate office and back to the VFS application centre or vice versas. I have just waited 10 business days for my PRTD to be processed at the Sydney VAC office (which is the timeframe I was told), but even after trying to contact the consulate office in Sydney directly, no one has been able to inform me the status of my application - whether it was approved or not.

I think they need to fix this issue, or at the very least inform applicants of the final decision and attach this information with the tracking number info.

I submitted my application at the Melbourne VFS office, my application was then sent to the Canadian consulate in Sydney (VAC) for processing, and in the the meantime I flew back to Adelaide to stay with family while I waited. I still have to fly back to Melbourne, pick up my decision envelope this coming Monday or Tueday, and only then will I find out if my application is approved or denied. And if its denied....well, I dont want to think about that at all, but at the very least I would have wasted money on a flight back to Melbourne just to check the status of my application.

How difficult is it for the Canadian consulate in Sydney to send a very simple "Yes or No" in an email or text message once ones application is complete?! Its ridiculous and has caused a lot of frustration and uncertainty regarding my hopes of returning to Canada.