+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Permanent Resident Travel Document - How long to wait??

KevinD10

Jun 12, 2021
Hi. I am a Canadian Permanent Resident. I came to London England on holiday. I am a British passport holder. My PR card expired sometime ago and I forgot to renew it, so I had to apply for a PRTD. My application should arrive to the London Visa Application Centre on Monday 14th June. Does anyone know how long it should take for me to get my PRTD?
I have put a lot of documentation into my application (Tax returns, bank statements, letter of employment, pay slips, rental tenancy agreement, drivers license etc), and I satisfy the obligations of showing that I have been living in Canada for the minimum of 730 days.
Any responses would be appreciated! Thanks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. I am a Canadian Permanent Resident. I came to London England on holiday. I am a British passport holder. My PR card expired sometime ago and I forgot to renew it, so I had to apply for a PRTD. My application should arrive to the London Visa Application Centre on Monday 14th June. Does anyone know how long it should take for me to get my PRTD?
I have put a lot of documentation into my application (Tax returns, bank statements, letter of employment, pay slips, rental tenancy agreement, drivers license etc), and I satisfy the obligations of showing that I have been living in Canada for the minimum of 730 days.
Any responses would be appreciated! Thanks.
It took this poster over a month:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/prtd-approved-entered-canada-now-apply-for-renewal-or-relinquish-pr.730239/#post-9488079

KevinD10

Jun 12, 2021
Thanks for the response! That month timeline sucked.
I yesterday got update emails saying that my passport was going to be with me on Monday, which would be just 6 working days after my application arrived to the visa office. So fingers crossed it is coming back with the PRTD.
I will be chuffed at 6 business days!!

Mp298

Sep 30, 2019
Thanks for the response! That month timeline sucked.
I yesterday got update emails saying that my passport was going to be with me on Monday, which would be just 6 working days after my application arrived to the visa office. So fingers crossed it is coming back with the PRTD.
I will be chuffed at 6 business days!!
@KevinD10 - Was it good news?

KevinD10

Jun 12, 2021
Hi! Yes. It was. The PRTD therefore came back to me 6 days after the VAC recieved my application. Was very happy.

Mp298

Sep 30, 2019
Hi! Yes. It was. The PRTD therefore came back to me 6 days after the VAC recieved my application. Was very happy.
That's amazing! The VAC in London received mine this morning and sent it to IRCC this afternoon, so your case gives me hope! Safe trip back!

Reactions: Vishav99

KevinD10

Jun 12, 2021
That’s great!! Keep me posted! But yes, there’s every chance you will receive the passport and PRTD next Monday. If you have any questions just let me know! I know how stressful it can be!

Reactions: Mp298

Mp298

Sep 30, 2019
That’s great!! Keep me posted! But yes, there’s every chance you will receive the passport and PRTD next Monday. If you have any questions just let me know! I know how stressful it can be!
Yeah process was quite paper heavy (and the VFS website I find to be a cryptic mess, although their online chat is helpful), but passport arrived yesterday with a multiple entries PRTD inside. Total turnaround 4 working days and a day to be couriered.

Haizhen wang

Jul 4, 2022
Hi anyone
I did submit my Canada PRTD application at June 22/22
So do I need to send my passport to Canada embassy London now or after embassy email me
Thank you

Haizhen wang

Jul 4, 2022
So I submitted my prtd at June 22/22
Should I send my passport to Canada embassy London or I have to wait for they email me
Thank you

Haizhen wang

Jul 4, 2022
That's amazing! The VAC in London received mine this morning and sent it to IRCC this afternoon, so your case gives me hope! Safe trip back!
I have a question ?
I submitted my application online on June 22/22
So do I have to mail me passport to Canada embassy London or I h ave to wait utill they email me and I can mail my passport to the Canada embassy London
Thanks