+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD - Options for Coming back to Canada

Yaminisura

Mar 28, 2022
You can go through the US but to fly to Canada you’ll need a PRTD or PR card.
Thank you such quick reply. When you say go through US you mean i fly to US with my b1/b2 and show ecopr while entering to canada via land( private vehicle) right?

Yaminisura

Mar 28, 2022
We are in canada on work permit. We dont have any landing documents. We got our pr confirmation in 2021 nov. Our work permit is valid til 2023 july. But we dont have visa, our visa which was issued was canceled as we received pr confirmation.

ksd_1970

Nov 30, 2018
Hello, were you able to travel to india and back to canada without any problem with just ecopr and Indian passport? Please let us know. We have got our copr in nov 2021 and still waiting for card but we want yo travel to india asap. We have US b1/b2 can we enter via US to canada in rental or someone can pick us at US border city to enter canada witj just ecopr?
Yes, we were able to enter Canada with just eCOPR and passport as long as you have US Visitor visa, you can travel by land. You can get taxi service from Buffalo airport (you can check online, taxi from buffalo to niagara falls canada) and they will drop you to Niagara falls, Canada. It costs around 90 USD. The documents that were asked at the border at that time were eCopr, passport, covid negative test report and Vaccination certificate, I guess now covid test may not be needed, you can check that.

Reactions: armoured

Yaminisura

Mar 28, 2022
Yes, we were able to enter Canada with just eCOPR and passport as long as you have US Visitor visa, you can travel by land. You can get taxi service from Buffalo airport (you can check online, taxi from buffalo to niagara falls canada) and they will drop you to Niagara falls, Canada. It costs around 90 USD. The documents that were asked at the border at that time were eCopr, passport, covid negative test report and Vaccination certificate, I guess now covid test may not be needed, you can check that.
Thank you so much for your response. This really helps. Just one question: on your ecopr is it mentioned not valid for travel and still you were able to use it to come in via US?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you so much for your response. This really helps. Just one question: on your ecopr is it mentioned not valid for travel and still you were able to use it to come in via US?
All COPRs have the mention 'not valid for travel.' For the purposes here, it means is that it is not on its own sufficient to board a plane, it will be fine for your specific case, i.e. to return to Canada by land.

Reactions: Yaminisura