+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD from Islamabad 2019

Apr 17, 2019
Hi,

I have applied for PRTD on January 11th, 2019 and already missed my citizenship ceremony on April 11th, 2019. It's been 4 months+ and I have still not received my PRTD.

Does any one have any idea whats the processing time looks like?

I have been in Canada for 5 years without any days outside and had passed by citizenship test already before I left for Pakistan for a 2 weeks emergency trip only realizing later that my PR Card was expired. So I am stuck here in Pakistan but can't understand why there is such long delay or wait time to get PRTD? Other countries usually issue PRTD in days or max weeks time.

Sadie12

May 3, 2019
My dad applied for his PRTD from Lahore visa office on February 4th and it is still under process. Super frustrating, visa office said it takes 61 business days on average and today is the 61st day, but still no luck :(

y2herc

May 17, 2019
Wife's PR card expired and she is stuck in Pakistan with our kids who are Canadian citizens. She applied for PRTD on April 16th but no correspondence of any sort. Tried contact IRCC in Canada, tried contacting Abu Dhabi office and all you get back is useless information. Super Frustrating!

Can someone please advise, my wife has a valid US Visa and if she travels to the US on a one way ticket with two young children, would she have any issues getting into the US? Does anyone have any experience on this? I've heard that getting into Canada via private transport through US is not an issue. But she is travelling with two kids so want to make sure they re not returned to Pakistan from the US.

Sadie12

May 3, 2019
As far as I know, your wife and children should be fine to travel via US. they might get questioned but US authorities cannot stop them from crossing over to Canada and also make sure they have like health card or other IDs on them to show and also a copy of PR renewal application etc.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019
Still waiting .. I have sent several emails and filled their web inquiry form too ... Now they are not even replying anymore. It's been 5 months and its so frustrating.

Apr 17, 2019
I received my PRTD yesterday after 5 months ridiculous wait time and it only happened after we approached local MP office in Ontario, Canada. They emailed IRCC office to inquire status and that's all it took. On the same date, May 23rd, my PRTD was approved and I got email from them asking for my passport. I told them you already have my passport and then I had to go to Gerry's office Islamabad to made sure they had my passport. Even then it took them 7 days to just PRINT the visa on my passport. I kept going to Gerry's office every day to push them and had them call High Commission almost every day.

This is such painful process for any one stuck in Pakistan if their PR card is expired. I wonder how many people have lost their jobs and how many families had to suffer because of this. This is just ridiculous.

Sadie12

May 3, 2019
Finally!!! Congrats eh :) still waiting to hear for my dad’s. I did approach the local MP’s office here in Brampton and they said that they do call IRCC to inquire about the case status, but they have told me to wait for one week and then call them again. I’m not sure if this will do the magic, but really hoping that it does ☹

Fatima7

Aug 11, 2020
Canada
I received my PRTD yesterday after 5 months ridiculous wait time and it only happened after we approached local MP office in Ontario, Canada. They emailed IRCC office to inquire status and that's all it took. On the same date, May 23rd, my PRTD was approved and I got email from them asking for my passport. I told them you already have my passport and then I had to go to Gerry's office Islamabad to made sure they had my passport. Even then it took them 7 days to just PRINT the visa on my passport. I kept going to Gerry's office every day to push them and had them call High Commission almost every day.

This is such painful process for any one stuck in Pakistan if their PR card is expired. I wonder how many people have lost their jobs and how many families had to suffer because of this. This is just ridiculous.
Hi. By MP in Ontario, do you mean Member Parliament?

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
My dad applied for his PRTD from Lahore visa office on February 4th and it is still under process. Super frustrating, visa office said it takes 61 business days on average and today is the 61st day, but still no luck :(
How long did it take for him?

northwind21

Aug 16, 2021
Anyone knows, is it necessary to submit original passport along with PRTD application?
My concern is, based on others experiences can see processing time is very long. If they are holding original passport it is impossible to travel anywhere else too.