+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD from Islamabad 2019

Discussion in 'Visa Offices in Asia' started by walihassanjafferi, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Hi,

I have applied for PRTD on January 11th, 2019 and already missed my citizenship ceremony on April 11th, 2019. It's been 4 months+ and I have still not received my PRTD.

Does any one have any idea whats the processing time looks like?

I have been in Canada for 5 years without any days outside and had passed by citizenship test already before I left for Pakistan for a 2 weeks emergency trip only realizing later that my PR Card was expired. So I am stuck here in Pakistan but can't understand why there is such long delay or wait time to get PRTD? Other countries usually issue PRTD in days or max weeks time.

2. My dad applied for his PRTD from Lahore visa office on February 4th and it is still under process. Super frustrating, visa office said it takes 61 business days on average and today is the 61st day, but still no luck :(

3. Wife's PR card expired and she is stuck in Pakistan with our kids who are Canadian citizens. She applied for PRTD on April 16th but no correspondence of any sort. Tried contact IRCC in Canada, tried contacting Abu Dhabi office and all you get back is useless information. Super Frustrating!

Can someone please advise, my wife has a valid US Visa and if she travels to the US on a one way ticket with two young children, would she have any issues getting into the US? Does anyone have any experience on this? I've heard that getting into Canada via private transport through US is not an issue. But she is travelling with two kids so want to make sure they re not returned to Pakistan from the US.

4. #4 Sadie12, May 18, 2019 at 2:20 AM at 2:20 AM
    Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 3:33 PM
    As far as I know, your wife and children should be fine to travel via US. they might get questioned but US authorities cannot stop them from crossing over to Canada and also make sure they have like health card or other IDs on them to show and also a copy of PR renewal application etc.

5. Still waiting .. I have sent several emails and filled their web inquiry form too ... Now they are not even replying anymore. It's been 5 months and its so frustrating.