+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Application Returned - Reason "wrong application"

bhavya9191

Jun 25, 2021
I got PPR today in my email. Turns out the return reason was a glitch. I hope you'll be getting it very soon too.
hello
I have applied as well it showing the same in my return reason as wrong application I am so stressed how long does it took for you to get the ppr after submitting the application?

bhavya9191

Jun 25, 2021
Hey Guys

I did the same application few days ago, and it came as "wrong application". and i was not able to click on view button.
If you can click on that view button that means your application is missing some docs. If you are not able to click on view button that means it's submitted and return reason came as a part of the glitch.

I got my PPR today. So just to let you know if your "View" Button is not enabled means you can wait for few days.

Thanks
may i know when did u submit it and h0w many days it took for u to get ppr i m stressed about it i have submitted it since jan 17 showing wronf application in there i have no idea if it is submitted or not i have return ticket on 17 can u help me on this

selinanana

Jan 25, 2023
Hi everyone, just wanna share my story:
I applied on Jan 16th 2023 for PRTD, from China. (It was NOT applied as URGENT)
When I checked my status on Jan 23rd 2023, it was showing 'wrong application' and the 'view' button is disabled. The status is still ‘submitted'.
I actually got an email on Jan 24th and asked me to submit my passport:

A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize the processing of your
application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for 6 months from the date of travel.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within 30 days from the date of
this letter. Failure to do so could result in the cancellation of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter
is included with your passport.
----
So I guess the "wrong application" is a bug as long as the status is still submitted and view button is disabled.

Reactions: cango2017

Jantolo7

Jan 25, 2023
Hi everyone, just wanna share my story:
I applied on Jan 16th 2023 for PRTD, from China. (It was NOT applied as URGENT)
When I checked my status on Jan 23rd 2023, it was showing 'wrong application' and the 'view' button is disabled. The status is still ‘submitted'.
I actually got an email on Jan 24th and asked me to submit my passport:

A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize the processing of your
application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for 6 months from the date of travel.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within 30 days from the date of
this letter. Failure to do so could result in the cancellation of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter
is included with your passport.
----
So I guess the "wrong application" is a bug as long as the status is still submitted and view button is disabled.
i applied this very early this morning at 12:25 am and when I checked the portal this afternoon I saw "primary identification not provided" under the reason column which is quite confusing because i uploaded my SIN, COPR and passport pages

selinanana

Jan 25, 2023
i applied this very early this morning at 12:25 am and when I checked the portal this afternoon I saw "primary identification not provided" under the reason column which is quite confusing because i uploaded my SIN, COPR and passport pages
I didn't upload the SIN. I uploaded PR card both sides, current passport with all pages and the cover, previous passport all pages and the cover.

Alt_232

Jun 8, 2022
Hi everyone,
Really appreciate everyone here sharing and commenting about their experience! I applied for PRTD for my wife on Jan 29th 2023. Made sure everything was in order before submitting. However I did not receive an auto confirmation of submission. No email notification of submitting PRTD application.
Today I checked the PRTD portal and the Status is "Submitted" but then there is a return reason that says "Wrong Application". The view button is disabled.
I am confused and a little stressed out about what this means. Is this a glitch? I have not received any communication about the application through email. Thanks in advance for any responses. Would really appreciate it!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
Really appreciate everyone here sharing and commenting about their experience! I applied for PRTD for my wife on Jan 29th 2023. Made sure everything was in order before submitting. However I did not receive an auto confirmation of submission. No email notification of submitting PRTD application.
Today I checked the PRTD portal and the Status is "Submitted" but then there is a return reason that says "Wrong Application". The view button is disabled.
I am confused and a little stressed out about what this means. Is this a glitch? I have not received any communication about the application through email. Thanks in advance for any responses. Would really appreciate it!
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search/21189847/?q=returned+wrong+application&c[newer_than]=2022-12-01&o=relevance

These are just those from Dec 1, 2022 with similar issues. I suspect that it is in fact a glitch.

Alt_232

Jun 8, 2022
may i know when did u submit it and h0w many days it took for u to get ppr i m stressed about it i have submitted it since jan 17 showing wronf application in there i have no idea if it is submitted or not i have return ticket on 17 can u help me on this
Hi Bhavya,
Was your status "submitted" and View button disabled along with the return reason "wrong application"? Any update on your situation? Would appreciate any information! thanks

Alt_232

Jun 8, 2022
Hi Everyone!
These forums have been very helpful to me so I want to share my experience so its helpful to others.
I just received the passport request letter for my wife's PRTD. We applied under the urgent category through the online portal on 29th January 2023.
On 31st January - The status was "submitted" but under Return Reason it said "Wrong Application" in the portal. The View button was disabled.
As many others have pointed out this glitch, the "wrong application" indeed was a glitch if your view button is disabled. We received the passport request letter on 2nd February.
In the portal the status is still "submitted" and the "wrong application" is still there under return reason even though we have received the passport request letter already. So if you are facing the same situation, have patience and wait a few days. We got the passport request unusually fast but it can take upto 2 weeks.
Thanks!

Reactions: M&M23

Arpatel-168

Feb 4, 2023
Hello ,
I applied on Feb 2,2023 for prtd via PR portal . My application got returned as wrong application and I m unable to view . As I see some of you guys have mentioned it’s a glitch . Can anyone tell how long it will take to get PPR ? In this case
Or do I need to resubmit my application?
also I was unable to submit underurgent request as submit button was grey out. Eventually, I had to submit it under normal request.

Arpatel-168

Feb 4, 2023
Hi Everyone!
These forums have been very helpful to me so I want to share my experience so its helpful to others.
I just received the passport request letter for my wife's PRTD. We applied under the urgent category through the online portal on 29th January 2023.
On 31st January - The status was "submitted" but under Return Reason it said "Wrong Application" in the portal. The View button was disabled.
As many others have pointed out this glitch, the "wrong application" indeed was a glitch if your view button is disabled. We received the passport request letter on 2nd February.
In the portal the status is still "submitted" and the "wrong application" is still there under return reason even though we have received the passport request letter already. So if you are facing the same situation, have patience and wait a few days. We got the passport request unusually fast but it can take upto 2 weeks.
Thanks!
Did you submit application under urgent request or normal ?

RAS3010

Feb 4, 2023
Hi,

I did 3 applications for myself, my wife and my son on 31 January 2023.
Our applications also got returned with wrong application message.

Me and my son got our PPR last night but we did not get one for my wife.

Has this happened to anyone? I cannot get anything on the internet where people applied for their whole family.

Should we just wait or can there be something wrong?

Narang89

Nov 6, 2017
Hi Guys, I have submitted my wife's PRTD urgent request yesterday (6th Feb 2023) and today I am able to see return reason as "Incomplete Application" with view button disabled. Read all previous posts from this forum and assuming that its a glitch as long as view button is not enabled. Have not received any email of any kind (acknowledgement or anything). I believe we just have to sign in consent and nowhere else.. right ?

Fulya

Feb 14, 2023
Hello. RE: WRONG APPLICATION

1) We applied for my husbands PRTD on January 06 2023 as an urgent application.
2) Application was returned on January 12 2023 as incomplete application as our application was not considered urgent. We resubmitted the application as non urgent.
3) On January 17 2023 we received a message from the portal stating WRONG APPLICATION and we were ABLE TO CLICK ON THE VIEW BUTTON.
4) We resubmitted the application on January 17, 2023.
5) On January 24, 2023 we received our passport request and sent everything to the IRCC office on January 25, 2023.
6) We received our passport with PRTD inside 2 weeks later.

legaltrr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2023
Hello. RE: WRONG APPLICATION

1) We applied for my husbands PRTD on January 06 2023 as an urgent application.
2) Application was returned on January 12 2023 as incomplete application as our application was not considered urgent. We resubmitted the application as non urgent.
3) On January 17 2023 we received a message from the portal stating WRONG APPLICATION and we were ABLE TO CLICK ON THE VIEW BUTTON.
4) We resubmitted the application on January 17, 2023.
5) On January 24, 2023 we received our passport request and sent everything to the IRCC office on January 25, 2023.
6) We received our passport with PRTD inside 2 weeks later.
so did you finally applied as Non urgent? Also what is the validity of the PRTD?