+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD APPLICATION H & C grounds

Antares923yt

Nov 10, 2021
Hello my name is Martin and I am 19 years old. I got the permanent residence in 2005 when I was 3 years old. However, my parents decided to come back to Perú the same year and I did not have a choice to stay in Canadá as a Minor. My cousin, who is canadian, has assured with a sworn declaration that she will help me to adapt to Canadian society if I come back. Moreover, I would study in Toronto and I would do volunteeering there. I want to know if there is a good chance of me getting the PRTD on human & Compassionate grounds to move to Canada. What can I do to strenghten my application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello my name is Martin and I am 19 years old. I got the permanent residence in 2005 when I was 3 years old. However, my parents decided to come back to Perú the same year and I did not have a choice to stay in Canadá as a Minor. My cousin, who is canadian, has assured with a sworn declaration that she will help me to adapt to Canadian society if I come back. Moreover, I would study in Toronto and I would do volunteeering there. I want to know if there is a good chance of me getting the PRTD on human & Compassionate grounds to move to Canada. What can I do to strenghten my application?
How long did your family live in Canada after getting PR in 2005?

Did they stay for most of a year or only a few weeks or months? If only a few weeks or months, this will lower your chances of the PRTD being successful since your family never established themselves in Canada and therefore IRCC may say there is no H&C case to be made. If they lived in Canada for most of a year and got jobs, etc., then your chances will be much higher. How long your family stayed in Canada after getting PR will be the key factor in weakening or strengthening your application.

Antares923yt

Nov 10, 2021
How long did your family live in Canada after getting PR in 2005?

Did they stay for most of a year or only a few weeks or months? If only a few weeks or months, this will lower your chances of the PRTD being successful since your family never established themselves in Canada and therefore IRCC may say there is no H&C case to be made. If they lived in Canada for most of a year and got jobs, etc., then your chances will be much higher. How long your family stayed in Canada after getting PR will be the key factor in weakening or strengthening your application.
Is it impossible bearing in mind that we only stayed a couple of weeks? Do you think they are accepting more PRTD for youg people since the covid situation has affected Canadá's economy? Would being an outstanding student and entrepreneur help me in my application? I wouldn't be a burden for Canadá. On the contrary, I would like to be a game changer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is it impossible bearing in mind that we only stayed a couple of weeks? Do you think they are accepting more PRTD for youg people since the covid situation has affected Canadá's economy? Would being an outstanding student and entrepreneur help me in my application? I wouldn't be a burden for Canadá. On the contrary, I would like to be a game changer.
It's not impossible. This will just lower your chances of the PRTD being approved.

You should still apply and there's certainly still a chance of approval. Include the information about your plans to attend university in Canada and the volunteering. Include the information about being an outstanding student and entrepreneur.

Good luck.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You should still apply and there's certainly still a chance of approval. Include the information about your plans to attend university in Canada and the volunteering. Include the information about being an outstanding student and entrepreneur.
I'd just add to this: if you have family and other ties to Canada (as it seems at least a cousin, so presumably other extended family), refer to those ties as well.

It seems may also be helpful to emphasize that you are applying as soon as was practically / legally feasible (i.e. since becoming an adult).

Reactions: scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If denied you still can apply for PR on your own.

Antares923yt

Nov 10, 2021
It's not impossible. This will just lower your chances of the PRTD being approved.

Good luck.
If denied, can I cross the boarder and stay in Canada while I am making my appealing?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If denied, can I cross the boarder and stay in Canada while I am making my appealing?
Yes you can enter while going through the appeal process. You will need to be prepared to leave if denied your appeal. Without a valid PR card you may not be able to access domestic tuition. It will be dependent on the school.

Antares923yt

Nov 10, 2021
Yes you can enter while going through the appeal process. You will need to be prepared to leave if denied your appeal. Without a valid PR card you may not be able to access domestic tuition. It will be dependent on the school.
Can I receive the same benefits of a permanent resident while appealing (healthcare system, able to work)? Why do I have to stay 2 years without leaving Canada? If my prtd is denied, can I go inmediately to Canada?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can I receive the same benefits of a permanent resident while appealing (healthcare system, able to work)? Why do I have to stay 2 years without leaving Canada? If my prtd is denied, can I go inmediately to Canada?
Do you have a USA visa? How do you plan to get to the border?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You may find it difficult to get access to healthcare, be able to work, and be able to go to school because you don't hold a valid PR card.

You will be able to enter Canada provided you have a valid US visa and enter Canada through a land border using a private vehicle.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have a SIN# from when you entered Canada as a child?