+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Alternatives

MWQ

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
You are not in danger of being unable to complete your RO requirements so they will give you a PRTD. I don't know how long it would take though.
Thank you. and about going to the US and cross the border to Canada would that definitely work or is there a problem there?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
With COPR and passport you can cross from USA. Some people got PRTD in two weeks time in India.

ziffyasif

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Ghaziabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2174 - Software Game Developer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017
Nomination.....
04-12-2016
Done and received my passport back on 30th Jan 2017. Processing and everything was done within 2 weeks and was ready for pickup.
Hey,

I need to apply for PRTD. Can you please let me know if you applied with a paper application at VFS Delhi? If yes then what all did you submit and was the fees paid there itself? and did you take a prior appointment?

MWQ

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Hello,

I had landed in Canada at April 2017 as a permanent resident and due to compulsory reasons; I had to leave Canada in May 2017, before receiving my PR card. What is the processing time for a PRTD application from Riyadh visa office for my case?

kuku111

Dec 5, 2017
Done and received my passport back on 30th Jan 2017. Processing and everything was done within 2 weeks and was ready for pickup.
hello, what documents did you submit. Just an overview would be helpful and any pros and cons while doing the application would be much appreciated. I will be applying on december 11, 2017 andmy return date of travel is january6,2018.

abygs

Nov 29, 2017
hello, what documents did you submit. Just an overview would be helpful and any pros and cons while doing the application would be much appreciated. I will be applying on december 11, 2017 andmy return date of travel is january6,2018.
Have you applied for PRTD?

Sanketp

Dec 30, 2017
Has anyone recently applied nd got PRTD?
How long it takes?
And is it safe to courier the PR card to india by anyone because i have heard that it can b stopped by custom office or smthing like that.

Plz help me to guide this issues

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Better to send PR card with someone. Generally PRTD takes 2 weeks time through VFS India.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Any VFS offices in India. Call them for details.

MWQ

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Hi Guys,

I landed in Canada in early April 2017 and I had to return back (I really didn't have a choice) in late May 2017 before receiving my pr card. I left the address of a friend (for safe keeping until my return) but he informed me that he didn't receive the card for which I did inform the CIC through the website (as telephone services not available overseas) but they didn't respond.

I applied for a PRTD in November 2017 and it been issued and right now I am planning to go in early April and settle permanently. but my Questions are:
1- When can I apply for a new card what the procedure and should I call the police to report a lost card.
2- Worst case scenario how can a lost PR card harm me (please be informed that I already have a SIN document which I didn't disclose to anyone and it's in my position.
3- how to check if there is a problem arises of this matter and what can I do to clean the mess.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Call CIC after reaching Canada, they will guide you to apply for new PR card. Now processing time is around 3 months.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I landed in Canada in early April 2017 and I had to return back (I really didn't have a choice) in late May 2017 before receiving my pr card. I left the address of a friend (for safe keeping until my return) but he informed me that he didn't receive the card for which I did inform the CIC through the website (as telephone services not available overseas) but they didn't respond.

I applied for a PRTD in November 2017 and it been issued and right now I am planning to go in early April and settle permanently. but my Questions are:
1- When can I apply for a new card what the procedure and should I call the police to report a lost card.
2- Worst case scenario how can a lost PR card harm me (please be informed that I already have a SIN document which I didn't disclose to anyone and it's in my position.
3- how to check if there is a problem arises of this matter and what can I do to clean the mess.
2) You might not get a BC driver license until you get a valid PR card.