+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proxy Marriage

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
* Actually we have never met in person but we are on touch on daily basis via messages, calls, and video calls.
* The relationship is new and we are communicating to know more one another.
* I am planning to go to Sudan (the only country right now that gives visa to Syrian national) to make my wedding ceremony, having some photos and submit my application.
* Conjugal relationship is impossible because we are not able to meet at least before even live together.
* In Syria, marriage can be arranged through proxy (formal delegation to one relative to be on my behalf).
* In all countries worldwide and under the normal conditions, marriage is arranged after many in-person meetings (even not only one) but unfortunately, we have abnormal situation in Syria and after the crisis, more than 170 countries worldwide requires Syrian national to have visa before entry.
* Moreover, I have unsuccessful marriage in Canada and now I am during separation period!
You should expect a lot of scrutiny if you get married during your first visit and after a short long distance courtship. I would strongly suggest you try and maybe wait a bit longer or have another visit or anything at all that would strengthen the way your relationship looks before submitting.
Most definitely!

YSL1989

Dec 15, 2015
You should expect a lot of scrutiny if you get married during your first visit and after a short long distance courtship. I would strongly suggest you try and maybe wait a bit longer or have another visit or anything at all that would strengthen the way your relationship looks before submitting.
It would be very costly but I may arrange to have another visit. Also I will wait for some time so at the time of submitting the application, it will have been about 1 year relationship.
The problem is I don't have anything else to do. Moreover, I have heard about some situations where a lot of meetings arranged, hundreds of photos, and other sort of proves and eventually marriage was discovered to be only for business purpose and getting residence in Canada!
I can understand IRCC's concern but I have no thing to do.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
It would be very costly but I may arrange to have another visit. Also I will wait for some time so at the time of submitting the application, it will have been about 1 year relationship.
The problem is I don't have anything else to do. Moreover, I have heard about some situations where a lot of meetings arranged, hundreds of photos, and other sort of proves and eventually marriage was discovered to be only for business purpose and getting residence in Canada!
I can understand IRCC's concern but I have no thing to do.
Yes, that should be better.

You can't really do anything about other marriages being fraudulent or mistakes being made in processing, etc. No system is perfect, even if it aims to be so. What you can do is do all in your power to make sure your application is seen as genuine, as well as making sure to satisfy all the necessary requirements laid out by IRCC.

As a side note, I'm sorry for what you and your countrymen have been going through, and I can't even begin to imagine how it must be to not even be able to go to your homeland in order to get married or anything like that. I wish you luck.

Reactions: YSL1989

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When did you arrive in Canada and how long have you been married to your 1st wife? When did you get divorced? Are you working? Will you have the funds to support a new wife and previous wife and children if there is a support order? These are the many things that will be considered. Having a child with your new wife also won't increase her chances of being approved.

YSL1989

Dec 15, 2015
When did you arrive in Canada and how long have you been married to your 1st wife? When did you get divorced? Are you working? Will you have the funds to support a new wife and previous wife and children if there is a support order? These are the many things that will be considered. Having a child with your new wife also won't increase her chances of being approved.
I satisfy all above conditions. No kids at all.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
He's still not divorced Only separated.

YSL1989

Dec 15, 2015
You didn't say how long you were married. Is your current wife also sponsored? You never said if you'll be financially responsible for 1st first.
I got married less than one month and started the separation period which is about to be completed.
My current wife is not sponsored and I will never be financially responsible for my first wife.
Actually I have read the whole detailed guide and the only issue is "In-person marriage".