+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proving work experience

Amar9561

Feb 20, 2021
Hi guys, how are you?

I have been collecting reference letters from my past employers who I have been employed with in the past 10 years. Basically, it was three companies. Now, I have got reference letters from the most recent two. My initial, first, employer however has refused. We did not part on conducive terms owing to business and work ethic differences. I was employed under him 5 years ago. I rang him to request a reference letter believing that time would have cooled the bad blood between us. He bluntly refused bringing up the past again.. Unfortunately, I have no payslips from the time or Bank records as his policy was to pay in cash (allowed under NZ law). It was full time employment. I have the job contract and everything else from him. My question is, what do I do to prove my experience that I worked under him? Do I provide tax records? Because taxation is governmental and I can access those records to establish I have worked there alongside presenting the job contract with job title/job offer/job description initially offered to me by this non-compliant employer.

More critically, the taxation records do indicate a start and end date as well.

Last edited: