+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proving Freelance Experience in NOC 2175

bromac

May 3, 2015
Hi,

In the last 10 years I have 6 years of experience in NOC 2175 (web designers and developers), specifically as a Webmaster, and I want to apply under this NOC. Basically I own and operate a successful website (6 figure revenue yearly) as a freelancer for the last half a decade and I earn my living from adverts and selling affiliate products from the website. Without a doubt I do have all the necessary skills listed in the NOC 2175.

Regarding proving the NOC 2175 experience I can provide the following documentation:

1. Sworn affidavit,
2. Cover Letter explaining my situation,
3. Terms and Conditions with the paying parties (dozen of advertising networks, ad exchanges, supply side platforms). Those Terms and Condittions are generic and actually do not have official stamps and signatures since the application and agreement with these companies is done entirely online.
4. Bank records (history) showing I was paid by those same companies substantial sums of money every single month for the last 6 years.
5. Yearly tax returns showing the amount of money I earned and the taxes I paid to the government every single year.

Is the above enough to prove my 6 years experience as a Webmaster, under NOC 2175? To clarify, I maintain my own website, I do not work for clients, I'm in fact paid by the very performance of the website through advertising companies.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

bromac

May 3, 2015
Can anyone please advise on this case? How freelancers can prove their experience in a certain NOC, especially if they were freelancing/working on their own project and not for particular clients?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bromac said:
Hi,

In the last 10 years I have 6 years of experience in NOC 2175 (web designers and developers), specifically as a Webmaster, and I want to apply under this NOC. Basically I own and operate a successful website (6 figure revenue yearly) as a freelancer for the last half a decade and I earn my living from adverts and selling affiliate products from the website. Without a doubt I do have all the necessary skills listed in the NOC 2175.

Regarding proving the NOC 2175 experience I can provide the following documentation:

1. Sworn affidavit,
2. Cover Letter explaining my situation,
3. Terms and Conditions with the paying parties (dozen of advertising networks, ad exchanges, supply side platforms). Those Terms and Condittions are generic and actually do not have official stamps and signatures since the application and agreement with these companies is done entirely online.
4. Bank records (history) showing I was paid by those same companies substantial sums of money every single month for the last 6 years.
5. Yearly tax returns showing the amount of money I earned and the taxes I paid to the government every single year.

Is the above enough to prove my 6 years experience as a Webmaster, under NOC 2175? To clarify, I maintain my own website, I do not work for clients, I'm in fact paid by the very performance of the website through advertising companies.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Looks to me like you're good to go. Of course, no one can tell you for sure except the CIC official who examines your claim. The only thing people here can tell you is to get everything you can to verify the work you did - and it looks like you did that.

bromac

May 3, 2015
dobes said:
Looks to me like you're good to go. Of course, no one can tell you for sure except the CIC official who examines your claim. The only thing people here can tell you is to get everything you can to verify the work you did - and it looks like you did that.
I guess you're right. CIC official will eventually judge if what I have is sufficient to prove my NOC experience or not. But, knowing in advance the rules about what is exactly needed for proving freelance experience would have been nice.

Andrew1982

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Hi,
I just got my PR last week yeaha under Express Entry.

I worked as Guide in Rome and i was self employed.. What I did, i created a letterhead and did the letter following the standard they wanted and instead of the business card I attached my guide licence..

They did not asked me any additional documents..

Good luck..

bromac said:
Can anyone please advise on this case? How freelancers can prove their experience in a certain NOC, especially if they were freelancing/working on their own project and not for particular clients?

bromac

May 3, 2015
Andrew1982 said:
... and did the letter following the standard they wanted and instead of the business card I attached my guide licence...
The difference here is that you had a guide licence (I assume issued by a governmental body, and valid for a specific period of time). Can you please clarify what standard they wanted for the letter?