+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Nomination Program Manitoba

PMVD

Nov 4, 2007
Hi there!

I'm looking for people who are familiar with the PNP Manitoba Employer Direct Stream. I'm wanting more info about the time line to obtain the nomination.

Thanks!

PMVD

N

noypi_88

I think the timeline is pretty much the same with the other streams, which is minimum 6 months. But if you are asking about the Nomination certificate, sometimes its less than 6 months if all requirements are met. After you received the nomination certificate, that is where the bottleneck usually occurs. This is on your country of residence.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I just based it on my friend's experience. His brother is a driver and my friend was able to find him an employer in Canada.

PMVD

Nov 4, 2007
Thanks for your reply!

I was told it would be 3-4 months. I've been searching the internet but I cannot find a time line anywhere. My application has been filed 5 months ago (Employer Direct Stream). I have a full time job waiting for me in Canada. So I probably have to be patient for at least another month?! Oh well, I've already been waiting for 5 months, so 1 more month is okay. I'll survive!

I hope the second part will be okay, but at least I can stay and work in Canada in the meantime!

Thanks!

N

noypi_88

Hello again,

After 5 months of waiting, were you able to receive any certificate from the province stating that you are nominated? If you have not received any then it still a long process you have to wait.

The nomination certificate that is being given by the province of Manitoba does not constitute your permanent resident visa. The visa will still rest in the decision of the Federal government, which is through the visa immigration officer.

The good news is that, history is on your side. There are great percentage of people that were nominated by a province are able to receive their visa afterwards.

All you have to do is wait and hope for the best.

Goodluck lad.

zafaryaar

Nov 19, 2007
noypi_88 said:
Hello again,

After 5 months of waiting, were you able to receive any certificate from the province stating that you are nominated? If you have not received any then it still a long process you have to wait.

The nomination certificate that is being given by the province of Manitoba does not constitute your permanent resident visa. The visa will still rest in the decision of the Federal government, which is through the visa immigration officer.

The good news is that, history is on your side. There are great percentage of people that were nominated by a province are able to receive their visa afterwards.

All you have to do is wait and hope for the best.

Goodluck lad.

girish

Sep 2, 2009
Hi,
I Have applied for MPNP under genral stream on Dec 2007 and recieved AOR on Feb 2008. six month back i revied email for asking few missing documents and had a telephonic conversassion with program officer. but there after i have not heard anything. My wife aunty is there in toranto which they knows. Can some one please advice regarding these limeline and can my wife reletive in toranto affact my application

Some one pls advice.

Manoj

jesreign77

Sep 17, 2009
Hi there,
I just sent my application last October 2008. My boyfriend and I are planning to get married once I get my certificate of nomination and before we file for our permanent residence application in Manila Canadian embassy so we can apply as a couple and he can be my dependant. Will this be a problem?
Any advise would be really helpful.

Thanks!

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
jesreign77 said:
Hi there,
I just sent my application last October 2008. My boyfriend and I are planning to get married once I get my certificate of nomination and before we file for our permanent residence application in Manila Canadian embassy so we can apply as a couple and he can be my dependant. Will this be a problem?
Any advise would be really helpful.
Thanks!
NO Problem

jesreign77

Sep 17, 2009
Thank you S.K.! That was a quick response.

Just a follow-up, so the Canadian Embassy will not question anymore if it's only my name on the certificate of approval?

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
If you got married after your nomination certificate then they will not

INCALGARY

Sep 23, 2009
TO GIRISH,
ASKING , WHAT IS AOR?
BTW, IM ALSO UNDER GENERAL STREAM...
SUBMITTED MY PACKAGE MAY 6, 09 THEN GOT A LETTER THAT THYE WILL PROCESS IT ON JULY 7, 09.

SO FAR THATS ALL... HOPE WE CAN SHARE INSIGHTS ON OUR APPLICATIONS.

qaiser

Star Member
Apr 26, 2009
S.K said:
didnt get u Sk they wil not mean ? iiam in same situation if i applied alone for certificate then got married then apply for embassy then there wil be no problem ?

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
qaiser said:
S.K said:
didnt get u Sk they wil not mean ? iiam in same situation if i applied alone for certificate then got married then apply for embassy then there wil be no problem ?
If you get married before nomination, you will notify Manitoba
If you get married after nomination and before applying to CHC, you will just include your wife
If you get married after applying to CHC, you will update your application notifying them about your marriage

tabzi

Nov 25, 2009
S.K said:
Hi S.k,

I just wanted to ask about something related to jerlin's case. My gf has already been approved for PNP for Manitoba, and she is just waiting for the passport to be sent back by the embassy in the phil. Since we plan to get married before she leaves would there be any problem once she arrives in canada? coz i have read in the t&c of the approval that she may be stripped of her entittlement of residency because of non-declaration of facts.. can some1 please advise on how to go about??