+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Interest Letter from Nova Scotia

Prospective12

Dec 26, 2012
I too was assuming to get their response by this week. But following the timeline of Umer, I am confused now. My application status is also showing submitted since 14th Feb and i assume they update us through email only. Does any of you emailed NSNP to inquire current status of your application ?
No, I have not emailed them...

mayra7

Aug 24, 2017
Hi

I received further information email.

They are saying that I do not meet NOC 1111 5 year criteria because I worked 4 year 6 months in NOC 1111.

My second experience is as Audit Manager for 3 years and they say that it is not 1111 but 0111.

Can I do anything about this?
Noc 1111 and NOC 0111 are overlapping and I had no idea that it may create a problem.

Anyone please provide guidance. Thanks.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hi

They are saying that I do not meet NOC 1111 5 year criteria because I worked 4 year 6 months in NOC 1111.

My second experience is as Audit Manager for 3 years and they say that it is not 1111 but 0111.

Noc 1111 and NOC 0111 are overlapping and I had no idea that it may create a problem.

Sorry to hear that @mayra7. As far as I know, the guide says that applicants have to meet specific criteria. It is quite specific.

Numba

Feb 12, 2018
Hi

Dear Mayra,

May I ask when did you submit your application and when you received this query ? Do you have any work experience matching NOC 1111 prior to what have claimed in your application ? If yes you can submit an experience letter for that.

anna5

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Morocco
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
23 Apr 2019
Hello everyone

I received NS LOI on March 20 Labour Market Priorities (French) . Probably By my next birthday my points will drop below 67. So I should send a complet application with no mistake.

1- I have reference letters for 4 years of work experience out of 5... because one of the employees isn’t replying to my request of a reference letter that I sent to him many times by email during last months.

2- In the other reference letters of the 4 years out of 5. They mentioned nothing about the salary but they gave me a seperate document about the last month salary only.

3- For the 5th year I have an experience letter only. It has period dates title full time but nothing about duties. And a seperate document about my last salary.

4- My job title is the same for the 5 years, will they consider that the duties of the 5th year must be similar to the duties of the 4 years. Especially that the job is in the same country and same establishment.

Does NS officiers reject this kind of applications...or they contact the applicant for explinations.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hi,

A few of those on this forum have received requests for updated/ corrected submissions.

It is possible that errors or misses on your own documents may cause delays in your application or just hearing from assessing officers as they ask you to resubmit some letters.

Reactions: anna5

anna5

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Morocco
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
23 Apr 2019
Hi,

A few of those on this forum have received requests for updated/ corrected submissions.

It is possible that errors or misses on your own documents may cause delays in your application or just hearing from assessing officers as they ask you to resubmit some letters.
Thanks for the reply

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Hello everyone

I received NS LOI on March 20 Labour Market Priorities (French) . Probably By my next birthday my points will drop below 67. So I should send a complet application with no mistake.

1- I have reference letters for 4 years of work experience out of 5... because one of the employees isn’t replying to my request of a reference letter that I sent to him many times by email during last months.

2- In the other reference letters of the 4 years out of 5. They mentioned nothing about the salary but they gave me a seperate document about the last month salary only.

3- For the 5th year I have an experience letter only. It has period dates title full time but nothing about duties. And a seperate document about my last salary.

4- My job title is the same for the 5 years, will they consider that the duties of the 5th year must be similar to the duties of the 4 years. Especially that the job is in the same country and same establishment.

Does NS officiers reject this kind of applications...or they contact the applicant for explinations.
Hi,
I don't believe the March 20 eligibility criteria included anything about 5yrs work experience. I believe that was from a previous draw (related to NOC 0111).
See here: https://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/labour-market-priorities/

So, I think you're good with your letter of 4yrs experience. If I were in your shoes, I won't complicate things by adding the 5th year letter.

Typically, the reference letter should include your salary and allowances. If it doesn't, perhaps you could include payslips and/or bank statements showing the salary payments?

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Sorry...NOC 1111

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/01/nova-scotia-draws-auditors-and-accountants-from-express-entry-pool-0111793.html

Hi,
I don't believe the March 20 eligibility criteria included anything about 5yrs work experience. I believe that was from a previous draw (related to NOC 0111).

So, I think you're good with your letter of 4yrs experience. If I were in your shoes, I won't complicate things by adding the 5th year letter.

Typically, the reference letter should include your salary and allowances. If it doesn't, perhaps you could include payslips and/or bank statements showing the salary payments?

anna5

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Morocco
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
23 Apr 2019
Hi,

Many thanks for your reply @DanBhanu69 , actually I got 68 in the six express entry factors with that 5 years work experience, if I omit the last year work experience my score will drop to 66.

I have 5 years work experience in total with a 4 months unpaid family leave, so my actual work experience is 4 years and 8 months so I got 13 points for it.

If I omit the last year I would come out with only 3 years and 8 months work experience which worth only 11 points.

so I won't be eligible for Express entry.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

I am not sure if they deduct unpaid vacations in the middle of the year from work experience, even though my contract is a renewable whole year contract. If they don't then total marks will be 68 even if I don't add the last year.

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Many thanks for your reply @DanBhanu69 , actually I got 68 in the six express entry factors with that 5 years work experience, if I omit the last year work experience my score will drop to 66.

I have 5 years work experience in total with a 4 months unpaid family leave, so my actual work experience is 4 years and 8 months so I got 13 points for it.

If I omit the last year I would come out with only 3 years and 8 months work experience which worth only 11 points.

so I won't be eligible for Express entry.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

I am not sure if they deduct unpaid vacations in the middle of the year from work experience, even though my contract is a renewable whole year contract. If they don't then total marks will be 68 even if I don't add the last year.
Well then you might need to include some sort of documentation that lists your duties. Letter of employment? A letter from a former supervisor? A former colleague? Otherwise, you seem to be saying you have no evidence for choosing one NOC Code over the other. That could pose a big problem.

If you still can't get a letter from your former employer, you could explain in a letter why you can't provide it (showing email evidence that he ignored your request). Best wishes for this important point...it could be a problem if not for the NS PNP, definitely for your eventual Federal application.
I know of some guy whose PR application was denied for choosing the wrong NOC Code. I don't mean to scare you, but...

anna5

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Morocco
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
23 Apr 2019
Well then you might need to include some sort of documentation that lists your duties. Letter of employment? A letter from a former supervisor? A former colleague? Otherwise, you seem to be saying you have no evidence for choosing one NOC Code over the other. That could pose a big problem.

If you still can't get a letter from your former employer, you could explain in a letter why you can't provide it (showing email evidence that he ignored your request). Best wishes for this important point...it could be a problem if not for the NS PNP, definitely for your eventual Federal application.
I know of some guy whose PR application was denied for choosing the wrong NOC Code. I don't mean to scare you, but...
Ok I will do as u advised. An other senior lady from Brazil gave me some advice too. I will follow both of you and hope that the officer who will be treating my file would be flexible and helpful.

No, you aren't scaring me...at the opposite It is good to know what is waiting ahead so that I get prepared for it...MANY thanks

Actually I have been employed by the same university for 5 years (minus 4 months vacation) under the same title "assistant professor", but in departments in different faculties. I got the reference letter from 2 faculties but the 3rd faculty isn't replying my request because I resigned due to some problems with the teaching program coordinator and with the Dean of that last faculty.

My NOC is the same 4011 "assistant professor" and my duties were same in the 3 University Departments, I have a list of my duties in 2 reference letters from the 2 first faculties I worked in, with same NOC (but nothing about salary) and duties are almost 100% of NOC 4011 (only research duties are missed from the list but I have scientific publications in international journals as prove for scientific research work).

I also have the experience letter from the HR of the university for the whole 5 years with "Assistant Professor" as title but with no list of duties as the HR says that this should be given by the faculty Dean. The University HR in the central administration of University doesn't know anything about the duties I undertook in each Faculty.

Reactions: DanBhanu69

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Ok I will do as u advised. An other senior lady from Brazil gave me some advice too. I will follow both of you and hope that the officer who will be treating my file would be flexible and helpful.

No, you aren't scaring me...at the opposite It is good to know what is waiting ahead so that I get prepared for it...MANY thanks

Actually I have been employed by the same university for 5 years (minus 4 months vacation) under the same title "assistant professor", but in departments in different faculties. I got the reference letter from 2 faculties but the 3rd faculty isn't replying my request because I resigned due to some problems with the teaching program coordinator and with the Dean of that last faculty.

My NOC is the same 4011 "assistant professor" and my duties were same in the 3 University Departments, I have a list of my duties in 2 reference letters from the 2 first faculties I worked in, with same NOC (but nothing about salary) and duties are almost 100% of NOC 4011 (only research duties are missed from the list but I have scientific publications in international journals as prove for scientific research work).

I also have the experience letter from the HR of the university for the whole 5 years with "Assistant Professor" as title but with no list of duties as the HR says that this should be given by the faculty Dean. The University HR in the central administration of University doesn't know anything about the duties I undertook in each Faculty.
Hi,
This is very helpful context. Actually, all you might need is a letter of explanation and bank statements showing you were paid for the period.
I misunderstood a bit.
Please let us know how it goes with your application!
Best wishes.

herirossi

Nov 2, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-02-2019
Doc's Request.
09-03-2019
Nomination.....
22-03-2019
AOR Received.
18-05-2019
Hello everyone, I also received a nomination from NS. Here's my timeline:
Jan 24: received Letter of Interest
Feb 22: submit a complete application
Mar 9: received a request for additional info
Mar 19: submit additional info
Mar 22: received Letter of Nomination

I accepted the nomination immediately. I wish everybody here all the best!

Is there any whatsapp or email group for nominees that I can join?