+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected person sent PR aplication but did not hear from cic

A-aebo

Mar 2, 2016
Hello all,

I sent my PR application on January 11th but since that i have not heard from CIC.

Any advice would be helpful
Thanks all

sam45

Mar 17, 2016
I am in the same satiation. The tracking number indicates that my application was received in Vegreville on January 25th but I have not heard from CIC. how long would it take to get a notice from CIC?

Thanks

Ahmed.Canada

Feb 11, 2016
same problem..... I still waiting any hear from cic, I sent my PR application and can note from tracing number it received in 11 February... but no response from CIC.

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
To get update online or notice by mail from CIC usually take 2 monte from date u submitted ur application so wait couple more weeks.

sam45

Mar 17, 2016
Thanks artin2015
The processing time for PR from the other thread in this forum. Kirv illustrates their time line, the process for PR startd within a month of application is received. However, it seems no one is including the date they mailed their application and the date when an acknowledgement letter from CIC was received. My application was received almost two months ago and nothing from CIC.

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
...unfortunately,anyone having anything to do with CIC must have a lot of patience.To date CIC is still the most erratic and unpredictable.sometimes it follows protocols and many times they start their processing from the application last received.

A-aebo

Mar 2, 2016
It has been more than months since I submitted my application.
Hopefully i will get a response soon.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
In general when someone mail their package it takes 2-4 days (depending on the courier service the person uses) to reach at CPC-V, and the only way (at this stage) to know if your package has been received is by using the tracking system of the courier company. ( so it is always better to use a postal/courier company who offers tracking and acknowledgement of the delivery).

Once CIC receives the application, the first step is to check the completeness of the application. if any important form is missing or the application is not complete (e.g missing signatures, sending incorrect forms, sending outdated forms..etc), in such a case CIC will return the whole application back. Only complete applications are put into further processing.

plz note that if the application is not complete and is to be send back then it takes 1-2 months to receive the application back.

Complete applications: applications which are complete proceed forward for processing. people on this forum had received acknowledgement letter from cic ranging from 1 week to 3 months. there are still some applicants here who had never received any acknowledgement letter and after many months they received AIP. ( i dont know if this a due to missing emails or wot). a large number of applicants also missed reading their acknowledgement email as it go into their spam emails. (so best is to mark cic emails safe in your email settings or regulary check your spam mails also). i have seen people here who had never received the acknowledgement but when they check their online application status they can able to see their status as "application received"

As far as you know your application is received by CIC then just relax, when you are dealing with CIC you need patience.

Hope it helps

A-aebo

Mar 2, 2016
Sam45

I have received nothing since I submitted my application on Jan 12th.
When did you submit your application?

Ahmed.Canada

Feb 11, 2016
I'm also in the same boat. I have sent and received my application on February 11, 2016... but no response from CIC..
I will keep you updated..