+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Person PR Application - No Updates Since December 2021

axesting

May 10, 2023
Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out to seek advice and insights regarding my PR application as a protected person. My application was received by the immigration authorities in December 2021, and it's still in process. I haven't received any updates or communication from them since then.

I'm growing increasingly concerned about the lack of updates and wanted to know if anyone else has experienced a similar situation. Is it normal for the processing time to take this long for protected person PR applications? If any of you have been through this process or have any suggestions on what steps I should take next, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Reactions: Naeem Sufyan

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out to seek advice and insights regarding my PR application as a protected person. My application was received by the immigration authorities in December 2021, and it's still in process. I haven't received any updates or communication from them since then.

I'm growing increasingly concerned about the lack of updates and wanted to know if anyone else has experienced a similar situation. Is it normal for the processing time to take this long for protected person PR applications? If any of you have been through this process or have any suggestions on what steps I should take next, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Join the main thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2021-pr-applications-timeline-only.755538/page-45

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance
I read some people submitted theirs on July 2021 and still waiting. So expect yours to be approved around the end of this year. Currently processing time is 26 months

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No yeah but it’s never been 27 months.
It’s been 27 months in the past so always a probability. The processing times are also estimates so some will be processed in less times than posted while others will take longer than average posted processing time. It is not unusual for people to go for over a year not hearing anything.

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
It’s been 27 months in the past so always a probability. The processing times are also estimates so some will be processed in less times than posted while others will take longer than average posted processing time. It is not unusual for people to go for over a year not hearing anything.
Yeah that’s true. I got my eligibility requirements met letter and pre arrival letter just 15 days ago. It’s been 1 year and 7 months since l applied.

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
I never said 27. I said 26. And yes it was once 27 months when IRCC came back to work after the strike. It is better not to talk about things if you not sure about them, just so that no one gets misled here.
You’re the only one who doesn’t know anything buddy. I’ve been checking processing times 4 times a week every week before and after the strike and it’s never been 26 months.

• Haha
Reactions: jinglebell0123