+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected person marrying a refugee claimant

Sandra Appiah

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hello question pls
IRCC has requested for my spouses passport and some forms and FBI clearance . His passport will expire end of this month .
1. Should we send his passport now via web form while we wait for the fbi cert before it expires ?
2. can we send the requested document separately since we don’t have docs in tact or we have to combine everything and send in one web form ?
Can’t provide legal advice. You don’t have to use a lawyer to file an H&C so that is an option you can consider. Would suggest consulting a lawyer about what you should do but also indicate that you will be filing your own H&C to see what they would recommend without trying to secure your business at the same time. You likely will have to pay for the consultation. As mentioned an H&C application doesn’t automatically put the removal order on hold.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello question pls
IRCC has requested for my spouses passport and some forms and FBI clearance . His passport will expire end of this month .
1. Should we send his passport now via web form while we wait for the fbi cert before it expires ?
2. can we send the requested document separately since we don’t have docs in tact or we have to combine everything and send in one web form ?
You should submit them all together if they were requested at once. Do not try and renew his passport if it is expires. You can explain that you can not submit a valid passport because he has claimed asylum if it expires.

Reactions: Sandra Appiah

Sandra Appiah

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hello question pls
You should submit them all together if they were requested at once. Do not try and renew his passport if it is expires. You can explain that you can not submit a valid passport because he has claimed asylum if it expires.
thank you

Sandra Appiah

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hello , I'm sorry to bother you .
I have submitted all requested documents except pictures. Could you please tell me how to send pictures via webform? Or is there any other way of sending pictures ?
@canuck78

Sandra Appiah

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hello I have another question please.
IRCC requested for some documents . Police certificate from country of birth and CSQ
My question is , my husband does not have CSQ. can we apply for it ? If yes please kindly tell me how .If no do we tell IRCC that he does not have it ? Please kindly respond

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello I have another question please.
IRCC requested for some documents . Police certificate from country of birth and CSQ
My question is , my husband does not have CSQ. can we apply for it ? If yes please kindly tell me how .If no do we tell IRCC that he does not have it ? Please kindly respond
After further reviewing your spouse’s file he seems to have been denied PPRA and either has been denied asylum or is inadmissible. He can renew his passport because he isn’t getting protected person status. Are you living in Quebec. If so, yes your spouse must apply for CSQ. He will need to have CSQ approved before qualifying for PR. It is a step only needed for Quebec residents.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-q7000-application-permanent-residence-quebec-skilled-worker-class.html

Reactions: Sandra Appiah

Sandra Appiah

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
After further reviewing your spouse’s file he seems to have been denied PPRA and either has been denied asylum or is inadmissible. He can renew his passport because he isn’t getting protected person status. Are you living in Quebec. If so, yes your spouse must apply for CSQ. He will need to have CSQ approved before qualifying for PR. It is a step only needed for Quebec residents.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-q7000-application-permanent-residence-quebec-skilled-worker-class.html
Hello
Thank you for your response . The link opens up to application for CSQ under skilled worker or Graduate programs. He is none of those . We are both in Quebec . Is he to apply under the skilled worker or is there a different option to apply for the CSQ as a spouse of a protected person awaiting PR
thank you for your help