+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

arun437

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Hey Guys am planning for 2019 intake in canada
But, am confused between pg diploma and masters in business analyst in terms of good job and whether it will have any
If you're only motive is to get a job I would advice you to do PGD/Certificate courses in College instead of MS.

Geofortress

Jan 6, 2019
Good day guys...please i applied to UofA Msc Geology (Thes) for setember 2019 resumption.. I submitted my application November 1st 2018 but my status still says *decision pending* I hope its not too early to be asking about admission decision.. Any september 2019 applicant in the house if you have gotten anything from U of Alberta?

kadhu

Jan 6, 2019
I am a Pharmacy graduate from India and I have completed my B.pharmacy from an Indian university.
I intend to pursue a Post-secondary Diploma in Canada which is a Two-year course in pharmacy that is usually done after 12th standard.

My query is that even if i got accepted to the course will there be any negative drawback on my visa as I have already completed my graduation in India and again going on for a post-secondary course in Canada.

Ntechno

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
I am a Pharmacy graduate from India and I have completed my B.pharmacy from an Indian university.
I intend to pursue a Post-secondary Diploma in Canada which is a Two-year course in pharmacy that is usually done after 12th standard.

My query is that even if i got accepted to the course will there be any negative drawback on my visa as I have already completed my graduation in India and again going on for a post-secondary course in Canada.
If you don't mind attending a class full of younger students which is pretty common in Canada then go right ahead. I have seen 30+ year people starting their pg diploma.
I don't want to be negative but even if you secure a seat in the program, it would be a difficult job to convince the visa officer. Make sure you write a good SOP.

Hope it helps!

razwanislam50

Jan 7, 2019
Hello guys...
I completed my BBA with a CGPA of 2.54 out of 4 .
IELTS overall: 6.5 Listening: 7.5 Reading: 6.5 Speaking: 6.5 Writing: 6
I want to pursue MBA or Masters in HRM/ Supply Chain Management/ Business IT/ Entrepreneurship/ Hotel tourism/ Marketing

Which universities should I apply for somewhere near TORONTO? I don't want to pursue any diploma program

Ntechno

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hey Guys am planning for 2019 intake in canada
But, am confused between pg diploma and masters in business analyst in terms of good job and whether it will have any
College Vs Uni is a very common issue, let me give you a medium sized summary.;)
1) University Provides Masters program, Colleges can only provide PG Diploma.
2) Uni program can cost 2x to 5x times the college programs.
3) Masters focus more on research studies vs PG Diploma prepares you for a job directly.
4) University grads have more value in terms of knowledge and reputation.
5) If you want to manage part-time work and studies the college is more preferable. As the requirement and expectations are to perform fairly well.
6) College would provide a higher ROI in the starting years. University Students take the initial 2-5 years just to earn their investment on Masters back unless from target schools in which case they do it much faster.
7) In term of the job market, a university student has to be very impressive and may have to show previous experiences to secure a good job as the market seems to provide higher grade job to Uni grads which also attracts a higher pay grade which in turn would require you to be above and beyond to make the employer believe you deserve that job. For a college graduate, it's mostly entry-level jobs to start with which is fairly straight-forward and easy to secure with decent industry skills and/or good networking.

Disclaimer: The above points are my research kindly verify facts yourself before taking any decisions. :p

Hope it helps!

Ntechno

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hello guys...
I completed my BBA with a CGPA of 2.54 out of 4 .
IELTS overall: 6.5 Listening: 7.5 Reading: 6.5 Speaking: 6.5 Writing: 6
I want to pursue MBA or Masters in HRM/ Supply Chain Management/ Business IT/ Entrepreneurship/ Hotel tourism/ Marketing

Which universities should I apply for somewhere near TORONTO? I don't want to pursue any diploma program
There are very select few Universities that would accept after 15 years of education. Most of them are not good and not worth doing MBA from, others are exceptionally good like York Uni (Schulich shcool of business) which would accept with a year of work experience but their average student profile is way above what you have mentioned.
Still, if you want to go ahead with MBA then Brock Universtiy and Trent University are the options I know about.
I would recommend go and meet a study abroad education counselor, it would help. (Guess what? it's free!):D

Blema

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi,

I’m a lawyer in Nigeria. I graduated with 4.35/5 CGPA. I applied for my masters to U of Saskatchewan, University of Windsor and Queens University for September 2019 session. I just want to inquire about scholarships. How is it done? Am I to apply or it’s the school that grants? When am I suppose to apply? What is the likelihood of being granted?
Thanks

Ntechno

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi,

I’m a lawyer in Nigeria. I graduated with 4.35/5 CGPA. I applied for my masters to U of Saskatchewan, University of Windsor and Queens University for September 2019 session. I just want to inquire about scholarships. How is it done? Am I to apply or it’s the school that grants? When am I suppose to apply? What is the likelihood of being granted?
Thanks
I have not studied much about it, but normally for international students, the college or university directly invites you for the scholarships available and eligible for your profile. But it would be a good practice to go to the financial aid and scholarship tab of the college website and know them yourself to raise the issue if you aren't offered one. There are thousands of scholarships offered across the Canadian schools so its difficult to track all of them. You can either track and aim certain good scholarships offered for your program or take help from the financial aid center of the college upon arriving (This won't be advisable for program entrance scholarships).

This is just my personal study as even I am looking at getting scholarships.
Hope it helps!

Tonyble

Jan 7, 2019
I am a graduate from a Nigerian university (university of Abuja), I graduated last year and I intend to further my studies in Canada to study a degree course in Economics in U of Manitoba, please what are the necessary things I need to know before proceeding. Thanks

FoxZone

Jan 3, 2019
I have applied to MCS in uni of Ottawa for fall 2019 intake and my status didnt change since last one month... any one here also applied in same university and what is your status and when you applied? Kindly share :)