+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of status in Canada for a US Citizen

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Hi,

I am sponsoring my child as a InLand application. In the application checklist it is asking to provide proof of status in Canada (e.g. copy of temporary resident visa, temporary resident permit). Since my child holds a US passport she doesn't need to have temporary resident visa to stay in Canada and also her Passport was NOT stamped (happens when u travel via road for US passport holders) by CBSA when we did landing via Road

Can anyone provide their insights what how can we go about this and what document can we provide?

Best Regards!!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Provide a copy of the US passport along with a letter stating where and when she entered Canada. They can look that up.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I am sponsoring my child as a InLand application. In the application checklist it is asking to provide proof of status in Canada (e.g. copy of temporary resident visa, temporary resident permit). Since my child holds a US passport she doesn't need to have temporary resident visa to stay in Canada and also her Passport was NOT stamped (happens when u travel via road for US passport holders) by CBSA when we did landing via Road

Can anyone provide their insights what how can we go about this and what document can we provide?

Best Regards!!
As said above, you just put an explanation letter.

Note that there is no inland option for sponsoring dependent children. While the child can be in Canada during the processing, it is an outland app.