+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of return to Canada

Nkayzee

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Hello everyone,

Please my hubby is currently sponsoring me. Today we received a correspondence, that I the principal applicant should provide a proof of return to Canada. I already resigned from my job in January due to pregnancy complications. Do u think I should submit the letter as proof. Or is there any thing else I should send. They started my background check today.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello everyone,

Please my hubby is currently sponsoring me. Today we received a correspondence, that I the principal applicant should provide a proof of return to Canada. I already resigned from my job in January due to pregnancy complications. Do u think I should submit the letter as proof. Or is there any thing else I should send. They started my background check today.
Looks like U applied INLAND. Best proof I submitted as a sponsor was Passport pages having ARR + DEP stamps, also few Boarding passes. If you returned to Canada, try finding Stamps + other proofs as you said.

Nkayzee

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Looks like U applied INLAND. Best proof I submitted as a sponsor was Passport pages having ARR + DEP stamps, also few Boarding passes. If you returned to Canada, try finding Stamps + other proofs as you said.
I applied outland. They asked me the principal applicant to submit the proof of return not my hubby(the sponsor). It's quite strange to me that a principal applicant will be asked such question. My hubby submit his while applying

Nkayzee

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
I applied outland. They asked me the principal applicant to submit the proof of return not my hubby(the sponsor). It's quite strange to me that a principal applicant will be asked such question. My hubby submit his while applying

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Confused here ! Are you in Canada as a Visitor? If you never been to Canada then it is a clerical mistake. In this case they are asking Sponsor's proof not applicant's

Nkayzee

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Confused here ! Are you in Canada as a Visitor? If you never been to Canada then it is a clerical mistake. In this case they are asking Sponsor's proof not applicant's

I have never been to Canada. My hubby is a Canadian citizen but he is currently in our home country and we are hoping to go back together when everything is finalized. The thing is hubby submitted that proof of his work contract expiring April this year when we sent in our application last year. So it has expired but he is still here with me freelancing other jobs. I have a strong feeling the correspondence should have been for him not me but I was the one addressed in the letter . I think they made a mistake but hubby doesn't think so.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I have never been to Canada. My hubby is a Canadian citizen but he is currently in our home country and we are hoping to go back together when everything is finalized. The thing is hubby submitted that proof of his work contract expiring April this year when we sent in our application last year. So it has expired but he is still here with me freelancing other jobs. I have a strong feeling the correspondence should have been for him not me but I was the one addressed in the letter . I think they made a mistake but hubby doesn't think so.
Same here they meant Sponsor's record of going back , nothing to do with yours. So may as well send his record or explain thru web why he is not going back.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
People do get the pre-arrival services email at different points in their application. If your husband is now submitting the proof-of-return documents, CIC will take some time to review them and decide whether or not to accept. I hope you get PPR soon, as well, but do be prepared to wait just a little longer.

Nkayzee

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Th
People do get the pre-arrival services email at different points in their application. If your husband is now submitting the proof-of-return documents, CIC will take some time to review them and decide whether or not to accept. I hope you get PPR soon, as well, but do be prepared to wait just a little longer.
Thanks. My hubby submitted one initially. I think they need more proof. So we will send it to them