+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of residency for a housewife

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
toshib said:
Hi Politren,

If CIC really has the access to the exit records then why does cic till date gives RQs to some citizenship applicants asking for documents for proof of residency till today? I just went through some recent posts for Feb 2016 where CIC still issues RQs to some applicants till date. Why doesn't CIC simply check the entry/exit record to determine the residency of the applicant if that is true without the need for RQ
All those cases are under the old rules 3/4 rule.

Now under the current new rules (4/6) there is no RQs, because the internal business channels work for those applying under the new rules. CIC can pull the exit data from the main Airports for 24h now.

Those who still receive the RQs are those under the old rules, they have their applications submitted before 11th June last year.

There is no RQ for those who have applied after June last year.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Politren said:
All those cases are under the old rules 3/4 rule.

Now under the current new rules (4/6) there is no RQs, because the internal business channels work for those applying under the new rules. CIC can pull the exit data from the main Airports for 24h now.

Those who still receive the RQs are those under the old rules, they have their applications submitted before 11th June last year.

There is no RQ for those who have applied after June last year.
Hi Politran,
Can you give me a source like a link or website to proof your claim

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
toshib said:
Hi Politran,
Can you give me a source like a link or website to proof your claim
There is still no official source for that and I am also very wondering why, but when you pass a secondary review at the airports you can see all your entries and exits with the air manifests at the screens of the CBSA officer.

I got no idea why they don't share it for example in the official website or something. But the Entries and the Exits are in their database.

Note: Only at the major airports.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Politren said:
There is still no official source for that and I am also very wondering why, but when you pass a secondary review at the airports you can see all your entries and exits with the air manifests at the screens of the CBSA officer.

I got no idea why they don't share it for example in the official website or something. But the Entries and the Exits are in their database.

Note: Only at the major airports.
ok politran , thanks for the info

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
toshib said:
ok politran , thanks for the info
You are welcome.

It is funny because I also understood all this by chance after wondering why nobody wants to stamp my passport with Canadian entry stamp when I came back last time at Pearson.

The CBSA officer was kind enough to let me know that they will not stamp my passport because now they have all the info electronically , so now because of the enhanced business channels they share that info (Exits, Entries) directly with CIC by the internal business channels for 24h.