+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relatives : How to document that?

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Hey Guys,

Can anyone please let me know what is the requirement of PR relative living in Canada.

As In My case:

I received my PR in September 2017 and landed in Canada in November 2017. Lived their with relatives so no utility bill or mortgage lease etc. Worked there till October 2018 and came back home in November 2018.
Now I am going to Canada in May this year and going to rent a place there.

My brothers are filing their case now, their scores are good so I am hoping for their files to be selected in upcoming draws.

Do I have to be living in Canada when they submit their Express Entry Profile as currently, I am not in Canada?

Thanks for your guidance and help in advance...

Kemzola

May 4, 2018
Proof of Relatives in Canada

We r aware that we can get Five [5] additional points on a/c of "adaptability" if having "relatives" in Canada. But, many a times, while having a 'bonafide' relative residing here, we yet shortcut the paperwork [for whatever reasons] - and get into trouble... either those 5 points r not awarded, or we go into delays due to repeated queries from the VO. Here's what we should understand & do:

Who r the Acceptable Relatives?
Proof of relationship showing u, or your accompanying spouse/common-law partner has a close relative who lives in Canada and is a Canadian Citizen or PR. This close relative can be:
• parent, grandparent,
• child, grandchild,
• brother, sister,
• aunt, uncle, or
• niece, nephew.

Proof of "Relationship"
Having one of the above, we now must submit adequate docs to "show" the 'proof of relative' if we want to seriously get those points, which might sometimes 'make' or 'break' our case. This "Proof" is required in Three (3) Steps. Here's how u go about it:

1. BASIC EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP:
Proof of relationship to your close relative in Canada can be evident by docs, such as (A)birth, (B)marriage or (C)adoption certificates. For eg, to prove that your relative in Canada is your paternal aunt, it would be necessary to submit copies of birth certificates for her and for your father showing they have at least one common parent.

2. WHAT DOCUMENTS NEEDED AS PROOF?
• If s/he is a PR: provide a copy of Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or CPR [COPR] or PR Card.
• If s/he is a Citizen: provide Citizenship proof, such as a copy of Canadian passport or Citizenship card.

3. HOW TO PROVE RELATIVE IS 'CURRENTLY INSIDE' CANADA?
Provide evidence to show that your relative is currently residing inside Canada. This may include copies of:
• Lease agreements [Rental Contracts],
• A current Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada,
• An Employer's Letter confirming employment,
• Monthly Utility Bills [Telephone, Mobile, Cable, Gas etc.].

Note:
- The evidence should show the relative's "name" and "full address" in Canada.
- Source:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/factor-adaptability.asp

I hope that helped.

Qorax
Ps: U can show the High School Certificate in lieu of Birth Certificate [usually the 10th Grade diploma].
Thanks for your write up. My problem is this. My husband has a brother who is a Canadian citizen and has been in Canada for over 10 years and we want to claim sibling points for EE. Now the problem. My husband's brother made a mistake in my husband 's date of birth whennhe filled his siblings form (the mistake was the day and month, the year was correct) Will this be a problem or not considering that all other information was correct. The brother was a FSW too and was paper based

oladele babalola

Jun 13, 2015
This should not be a big deal, considering the fact that his pasport and birth certificate will show the correct info. It could be considered a typo error on the part of his brother.

Reactions: Kemzola
May 26, 2019
Hi friend my SINP EOI profile has been selected in 22 May draw under SINP - Express entry subcategory (points 85). My First cousin is staying in Saskatchewan and have a Canadain passport. The relation is like he is my father's real sister,s son. I have all the documents ready but in my aunt documents there is a spelling error in her maiden name like my father's surname is "DEVALE" and her maiden name it is "DEVLE". Is this will create a problem and what needs to be done in such cases.

Rathod Dilip

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Proof of Relatives in Canada

We r aware that we can get Five [5] additional points on a/c of "adaptability" if having "relatives" in Canada. But, many a times, while having a 'bonafide' relative residing here, we yet shortcut the paperwork [for whatever reasons] - and get into trouble... either those 5 points r not awarded, or we go into delays due to repeated queries from the VO. Here's what we should understand & do:

Who r the Acceptable Relatives?
Proof of relationship showing u, or your accompanying spouse/common-law partner has a close relative who lives in Canada and is a Canadian Citizen or PR. This close relative can be:
• parent, grandparent,
• child, grandchild,
• brother, sister,
• aunt, uncle, or
• niece, nephew.

Proof of "Relationship"
Having one of the above, we now must submit adequate docs to "show" the 'proof of relative' if we want to seriously get those points, which might sometimes 'make' or 'break' our case. This "Proof" is required in Three (3) Steps. Here's how u go about it:

1. BASIC EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP:
Proof of relationship to your close relative in Canada can be evident by docs, such as (A)birth, (B)marriage or (C)adoption certificates. For eg, to prove that your relative in Canada is your paternal aunt, it would be necessary to submit copies of birth certificates for her and for your father showing they have at least one common parent.

2. WHAT DOCUMENTS NEEDED AS PROOF?
• If s/he is a PR: provide a copy of Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or CPR [COPR] or PR Card.
• If s/he is a Citizen: provide Citizenship proof, such as a copy of Canadian passport or Citizenship card.

3. HOW TO PROVE RELATIVE IS 'CURRENTLY INSIDE' CANADA?
Provide evidence to show that your relative is currently residing inside Canada. This may include copies of:

Note:
- The evidence should show the relative's "name" and "full address" in Canada.
- Source:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/factor-adaptability.asp

I hope that helped.

Qorax
Ps: U can show the High School Certificate in lieu of Birth Certificate [usually the 10th Grade diploma].
An employment

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
HOW TO PROVE RELATIVE IS 'CURRENTLY INSIDE' CANADA?

Rathod Dilip

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
HOW TO PROVE RELATIVE IS 'CURRENTLY INSIDE' CANADA?
An employment letter confirming employment is not available...will it do without it???

sandip9334

Apr 1, 2019
Hello guys

My wife got ITA from last draw.
As I have close relative in Saskatchewan and I collected all documents but for utility bills I have only 10 bills of my relative as my sister living PG so.

Can you help me ?
Is it enough?

Smbb.786110

May 14, 2019
Hello .

does anyone know if a husband( canadian citizen) of blood sistr can claim point for close relative as inlaws of same relationship for SINP
I can show proof of marriage cert as well as my sister n mine birth cert